Alexis Sanchez

CesDel

That has to be a joke. The blatant flaw in this game that almost cost us was the diabolic finishing. Pedro and Alexis are the main culprits of this wasting chance after chance habit (in Messi's case it's an exception obviously). Against better teams Pedro doesn't get 3 attempts infront of the goalkeeper until he can score.

As far as I'm concerned they can both go. I won't praise Pedro and Alexis for basics like "movement" and "defending" anymore. Just put the ball in the net, fss.

So, you won't praise them for creatig chances? I mean, Alexis could have ended up with 3 assist if Messi would have finished better today, and Pedro should have had atleast 1 assist for that Alexis miss..

Ursegor

World Champion
So, you won't praise them for creatig chances? I mean, Alexis could have ended up with 3 assist if Messi would have finished better today, and Pedro should have had atleast 1 assist for that Alexis miss..

Alexis' assist was not even a deliberate assist. It was a failed shot. He is the weirdest player ever. He had those 2 superb turns which highlighted how well he played overall at the start of the game, the next moment he misses from 5 yards, then he creates, then he intercepts balls that aren't intended for him, then he assists without wanting to assist. It makes me nervous watching him play.

Still better than Pedro I guess. Who doesn't do much wrong because he doesn't do much at all bar defending well. Which makes him unhateable because he always puts in the effort. Still not the clinical forward this team badly needs.

e28makaveli

Good game by Alexis. Too bad his finishing let him down again but he is and never will be a finisher.

... but we need finishers dammit :) :angry:

frustrating to see chance after chance getting blown into the water when this is exactly what has been costing us trophies. What good are forwards if they cannot finish simple chances? I could have put that Pedro's chance away if this is what I do on a daily basis.

e28makaveli

Alexis' assist was not even a deliberate assist. It was a failed shot. He is the weirdest player ever. He had those 2 superb turns which highlighted how well he played overall at the start of the game, the next moment he misses from 5 yards, then he creates, then he intercepts balls that aren't intended for him, then he assists without wanting to assist. It makes me nervous watching him play.

Still better than Pedro I guess. Who doesn't do much wrong because he doesn't do much at all bar defending well. Which makes him unhateable because he always puts in the effort. Still not the clinical forward this team badly needs.

Well said. Frustrating player. I do not typically know what to say.

Has great moments, has good potential but damn, cannot be relied upon to finish. Still should not be sold.

CesDel

I was not talking about that assist, I was referring to the time where he put Messi clear on goal and he missed. There was another couple of times where he could have had an assist after great work from Alexis..

Last edited:

barcanuck

Ugh why oh why didn't he start any of the big games lately against the Madrid teams ! This is what's wrong with the club we would rather make 50 extra passes in the midfield and not reward a guy who is our second top scorer and best assistman. Just makes me shake my head

Devils

I'd be fine with offloading Alexis in the summer for someone who can finish.

For me, when both are on form, Pedro will always be the better of the two.

Alexis is just too frustrating, sometimes what he does is genius, the other times he's a complete horror show. This is always the case with finishing and dribbling. I just don't get it.

e28makaveli

Ugh why oh why didn't he start any of the big games lately against the Madrid teams ! This is what's wrong with the club we would rather make 50 extra passes in the midfield and not reward a guy who is our second top scorer and best assistman. Just makes me shake my head

Xavi is contributing a lot to those extra unnecessary midfield passes.

B

beautifulgame

I'd be fine with offloading Alexis in the summer for someone who can finish.

For me, when both are on form, Pedro will always be the better of the two.

Alexis is just too frustrating, sometimes what he does is genius, the other times he's a complete horror show. This is always the case with finishing and dribbling. I just don't get it.

Uh huh

serghei

We can sell Alexis we can keep him. WE CANNOT sell him for any less than 40m though. Bar that miss, he was the best blaugrana vs Bilbao. The fans knew that and that's why they gave him a standing ovation when he was subbed.

Barcilliant

We could sell him for 35M and bring in Aduriz. A proper CF who can finish. A lot of the time we create chances and we don't finish. And when we don't create vs a parked bus its because we have no plan B. Its high time we brought in a proper number 9.

serghei

Sure, sell a supertalented 25 years old and bring a 33 years old. Think about the future, in the next couple of years Aduriz will be commenting games for Canal+.

Home of Barca Fans