Alexis Sanchez

Kerrybai

Because the stats show Alexis Sanchez is one of the very best players in the world. These are the stats for 2013, a bad year for Alexis until april or so. So, having played very few matches in the first 4 months of the year, he still managed to enter the top 10 in 2013. We have 3 players in top 10. Why would we sell one of them?
Because we have Pedro. 2013/2014 Pedro = 19 goals Sanchez = 19 goals. Pedro provides us with the same goals and work rate of Sanchez and is a proven winner on both the domestic and international stage. Why do we need both of them? We have plenty of young talent coming through.

Secondly Sanchez is a shadow of the player he was once.
------ Dribbles per game - Total dribbles
2009/2010 -------2.2----- -70-------2279 minutes
2010/2011--------3--------93-------2382
2011/2012--------0.9------22-------1649
2012/2013--------0.9-------26------1709
2013/2014--------0.9-------27------1958

The guy was one of the most exciting players in world football in Italy, in fact he still his for Chile and I expect him to tear it up at the world cup. He is hitting the goals and I'll give him credit for that but he's not giving us anything that Pedro can't give us. We have no need for both of them and if our board has any sense they will send one of them off.

I would personally keep Pedro.

Last edited:

serghei

Because we have Pedro. 2013/2014 Pedro = 19 goals Sanchez = 19 goals. Pedro provides us with the same goals and work rate of Sanchez and is a proven winner on both the domestic and international stage. Why do we need both of them? We have plenty of young talent coming through.

Secondly Sanchez is a shadow of the player he was once.
------ Dribbles per game - Total dribbles
2009/2010 -------2.2----- -70-------2279 minutes
2010/2011--------3--------93-------2382
2011/2012--------0.9------22-------1649
2012/2013--------0.9-------26------1709
2013/2014--------0.9-------27------1958

The guy was one of the most exciting players in world football in Italy, in fact he still his for Chile and I expect him to tear it up at the world cup. He is hitting the goals and I'll give him credit for that but he's not giving us anything that Pedro can't give us. We have no need for both of them and if our board has any sense they will send one of them off.

I would personally keep Pedro.

Alexis is giving us something Pedro will never have. Flare and imagination. Pedro is easy to figure out. Alexis is not.

I would keep both, but if I have to choose, I'll take Sanchez.

JamDav1982

Personally like Alexis and last summer seemed to have endless debates on here with people who thought Tell to be the better player!

However, not against selling him as he is not a natural RW in the Barca system despite what stats he is producing this season. If we are going by stats then Cesc has been the best CM n the world these past few seasons and Messi is as good as ever.

Barca ideally need a left footed player in the right or one that is at least better in tight areas. Alexis looks clumsy on the right and doesnt favour cutting inside. It leads to him giving away ball more and less overlapping of full back etc.

Alexis main strengths are his work rate and movement off the ball which suit playing on the left or with more freedom in the middle.

Personally I would sell him as the balance of attack just doesnt look correct with him at RW. Still think he is a good player and would need at least 25m for him.

serghei

@JamDav1982, Cesc has poorer stats than both Man City's Toure or Silva. Messi has poorer stats than Cristiano Ronaldo and Suarez this season -- not to mention that his last 5 out of 6 goals were all penalties.

Last edited:

Paganinisrvnge

I've really liked Alexis this season but the sad truth is that he's inconsistent and while sometimes he can have some absolutely amazing goals; he's not a natural goalscorer. We need more people who can finish chances. If we continue with only 3 players in the whole squad who can finish consistently(Messi, Cesc, Pedro) then we're not going to win anything next year either. Neymar needs to improve his finishing as well but he has more creative output than Alexis and there's no way he'll be sold anytime soon.

serghei

I've really liked Alexis this season but the sad truth is that he's inconsistent and while sometimes he can have some absolutely amazing goals; he's not a natural goalscorer. We need more people who can finish chances. If we continue with only 3 players in the whole squad who can finish consistently(Messi, Cesc, Pedro) then we're not going to win anything next year either. Neymar needs to improve his finishing as well but he has more creative output than Alexis and there's no way he'll be sold anytime soon.

Sell Alexis, sure, but bring me someone who has scored 20 goals this season as a winger. Bring me Suarez for example and yes, sell Alexis. Or bring me Aguero. Or bring me Reus. If you can't bring one of these 3, Alexis is the next in line as far as goalscoring is concerned.

Paganinisrvnge

Sell Alexis, sure, but bring me someone who has scored 20 goals this season as a winger. Bring me Suarez for example and yes, sell Alexis. Or bring me Aguero. Or bring me Reus. If you can't bring one of these 3, Alexis is the next in line as far as goalscoring is concerned.

I agree. Hopefully we bring in Reus. I can't see either of the other 2 happening.

CesDel

@JamDav1982, Cesc has poorer stats than both Man City's Toure or Silva. Messi has poorer stats than Cristiano Ronaldo and Suarez this season -- not to mention that his last 5 out of 6 goals were all penalties.

What stats are these? Only goals+assist? If it is, then that's not true when it comes to the league. Both Messi and and C.Ronaldo has scored 6 penalties each, and while both have played the same amount of games, C.Ronaldo has has played around 200+ more minutes because of the fact that Messi didn't play the whole 90 minutes in some games thanks to injury. I belive that Messi scores a goal every 84 min while C.ronaldo scores a goal every 88 min..

And Messi has more assist than C.ronaldo in the league..

serghei

What stats are these? Only goals+assist? If it is, then that's not true when it comes to the league. Both Messi and and C.Ronaldo has scored 6 penalties each, and while both have played the same amount of games, C.Ronaldo has has played around 200+ more minutes because of the fact that Messi didn't play the whole 90 minutes in some games thanks to injury. I belive that Messi scores a goal every 84 min while C.ronaldo scores a goal every 88 min..

And Messi has more assist than C.ronaldo in the league..

Ronaldo vs Messi (all club competitions, 2013-2014):

Ronaldo: 41 games, 45 goals, 13 assists.
Messi: 42 games, 39 goals, 13 assists.

Kerrybai

^ In La liga Messi has scored a goal every 82 minutes, Ronaldo every 84 and Suarez every 89. So in league terms Messi is edging Ronaldo but he has had a much better European season.

Suarez doesn't take penalties though so if we added the 8 scored by Gerrard that would give him a goal every 71 minutes :tata1:

Home of Barca Fans