Alexis Sanchez

Stric

There are plenty of reasons why it's logical to sell Alexis ahead of Pedro. To name a few:

1. Alexis' market value is higher.
2. There is less interest for Pedro and therefore less room for Barca to negotiate.
3. Alexis is less satisfied with a supporting role.
4. Alexis is not a canterano. This is Barca, yes, that matters.

In a situation where the two players are so similar in style and in level, these things make a difference.

CatalinR10

There are plenty of reasons why it's logical to sell Alexis ahead of Pedro. To name a few:

1. Alexis' market value is higher.
2. There is less interest for Pedro and therefore less room for Barca to negotiate.
3. Alexis is less satisfied with a supporting role.
4. Alexis is not a canterano. This is Barca, yes, that matters.

In a situation where the two players are so similar in style and in level, these things make a difference.

Selling Alexis instead of Pedro would be a really dumb move.

I couldn't care less if Alexis's market is higher. At least, imo , he played better than Pedro this season and the last 2 also. He is the one who deserves to stay.

F

Flavia

I think Barça can do better. He can be good at times, in others he's sooo frustating. I wouldn't mind selling both him and pedro, if reus and someone else could come.

Empty

We need an inside forward who can cut in and score. Alexis is more along the lines of a pure winger. I also think we need to go back to a traditional front 3 and move Messi to RW again. Nothing bad about playing on RW, just need Lucho to convince him so that HE (Messi) feels comfortable/agrees with the idea.

We need an inside forward who can cut in and score. Alexis is more along the lines of a pure winger. I also think we need to go back to a traditional front 3 and move Messi to RW again. Nothing bad about playing on RW, just need Lucho to convince him so that HE (Messi) feels comfortable/agrees with the idea.
That has already been tried and tested and he hated it (Messi), please dont go there again.

Empty

Hating it could be purely preference or mental block for some irrational reason. It's also not impossible to convince people of something if there is a logical reason behind it. That being said, Messi's playing style has changed dramatically since his days at RW - going back may not be the most efficient method.

Home of Barca Fans