Alexis Sanchez

anguy

They need to sell both him and Pedro and add someone bigger and stronger, but still fast, like Reus. Todays Barca attack is too small and all players are too similar in style.

D

damunk

Sanchez is not a world class winger. He is a decent winger.
Watch him play for Chile in his central position then you'll probably see world class.

He is PAINFUL to watch on the wings playing for Barcelona. Absolute AGONY. I would start anyone but him.

Empty

Silva can play as an AM on the RW, he can create, he can score, the only thing he lacks is pace, and that's what you have a pure winger on the bench for (e.g. Jesus Navas, Pedro, etc.). With our style, it's not like pace is the most important attribute anyway.

The way we play, David Silva as AMR would be fantastic - it would be what we needed this season, and it sure as hell would have been a fine additional even when we were at our finest.

He doesn't need to compete with Iniesta.

FC B

Selling Alexis instead of Pedro would be a really dumb move.

Selling both of them would be the best choice imo but to such a stupid board as Barca has had for years it would require a herculean task to succesfully replace them.

And that is such a sad thing to say :(

Watch him play for Chile in his central position then you'll probably see world class.

He is PAINFUL to watch on the wings playing for Barcelona. Absolute AGONY. I would start anyone but him.

It takes Alexis to play as a CF in order to unlock his true potential as a player.
He is such a waste of a talent and such a nerve-wrecking appearence as a winger, especially in this Barca system of play.

Ocsionally he somehow manages to play great games in the wing too though usualy he struggles hugely, he loses way too many balls and wastes tons of chances.

Last edited:

anguy

This. He would be an excellent backup for Messi if he was cheaper. He plays much better in central role.

Selling both of them would be the best choice imo but to such a stupid board as Barca has had for years it would require a herculean task to succesfully replace them.

And that is very sad :(

Both will be sold. Remember that if FIFA ban is upheld Barca won't be able to buy and sell players, so if they need to make changes they need to do them now, another chance might come after 2 years. That's the reason why so many players will go, not just performance. Alexis, Pedro, Cuenca, Tello, Mascherano, Song, Alves will all leave and Fabregas maybe too.

anguy

Tello is quite a footballer. I would keep him.

Well, there are many reasons why not keep him. He has shown very little this year, and his best position is LW, but FCB has a lot of good left wingers, we need RW more. He has no chance to start over Neymar on LW, so he should be sold or his value will crash like Bojans.

ceefoo

He's not really Barca starter material and he's not a natural winger. He's done a decent job in his spell here but I think it would be good business to cash in now. Keep Pedro and we have Deulo and Adama coming through.

If we were to buy another RW, then we need one with PACE. That rules out David Silva, although I am a big fan of his. I'd rather rotate Pedro and Deulo on the Right and we'll have Rafinha who can play wide as well.

B

beautifulgame

best player first half.

still don't get why people want him out, unless a very good forward is at least brought in to replace him.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He's not really Barca starter material and he's not a natural winger. He's done a decent job in his spell here but I think it would be good business to cash in now. Keep Pedro and we have Deulo and Adama coming through.

If we were to buy another RW, then we need one with PACE. That rules out David Silva, although I am a big fan of his. I'd rather rotate Pedro and Deulo on the Right and we'll have Rafinha who can play wide as well.

Pace is one of the aspects, but truly the team needs a wing forward capable of dribbling, taking on his marker, and creating scoring for himself. I don't want a speed demon that cannot do those things.

Pedro is in poor form right now, but he is better at creating his own scoring than Alexis, despite being equally shitty at dribbling.

I would sell Alexis and Tello. Find a good replacement starter, regardless of cost. Just get a good scorer. Promote Adama for backup and loan out Deulo to a spanish team where he can be an everyday starter.

FC B

best player first half.

still don't get why people want him out, unless a very good forward is at least brought in to replace him.

Imo he was Barca's best player from the 25th minute to the half time only. He suprised me a bit with that, I didn't expect him to shine after a typical wretched start of the match.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He was the best player in the first half if you value a forward who is all work rate, but totally incapable of being even a remote scoring threat. Alexis in the first half played like a wide midfielder, not a forward. His hard work rate is admirable, but I need my forwards to be scorers and scoring threats first and foremost. Unsurprisingly he was totally spent in the second half and his already low scoring threat turned into a nonexistent one.

Seriously, Barca's wingers total inability to threaten the goal is completely disrupting the offensive flow. Teams can just compact the middle and totally snuff the midfield and poor Messi who is being completely blanketed by at least 3 players. Every time he received the ball he had at least one player nipping at his feet.

Home of Barca Fans