Alexis Sanchez

BBZ8800

Dinho was a midfielder, might as well count Iniesta then, and wasn't Larsson just a striker who was content to sit on the bench? I wouldn't count him ahead of Alexis or Pedro...

Neymar: 15 goals, 108 shots, 14% conversion rate
Alexis: 21 goals, 76 shots, 28% conversion rate
Pedro: 19 goals, 73 shots, 26% conversion rate

Ok

Ronaldinho played in Rijkaard's 433, on the left in the attack, often interchanging positions with Eto'o during matches in early Seasons.

Ok, 20 attempts to score a Goal was exaggerated, but I just don't feel calm when Pedro/Alexis are in the attack.
You just have a feeling that they will need "100" shots to score a Goal.

You are mentioning Iniesta, how can you compare him with Ronaldinho? I was talking about Finishing and lethalness infront of Goal.
Iniesta scores sometimes, but he is not a real goalscoring threat.

Again, imo, the current attacking lineup Messi-Pedro-Alexis-Ney, has only one man who can regularly score Goals.
And he is bored lately for some reason.

Barca never had a team that has such a low number of players who can score a Goal in any moment against anyone.

This guy is just not a Barca type of a player.
He is not a real striker, he is not a real winger. He is some hybrid player, the best suited for teams like Juventus, Inter, Milan, Roma.
Also, it is not like he is extremely suited for our shortpassing Tiki-Taka style.

BBZ8800

the fact of the matter is that sanchez is suited for barca, and saying that he is not is based on nothing.

Just my opinion.
I am watching almost all Barca's matches since 99'

Current team is as bad/lost/without any ideas just like a team in early 2000's.
All teams since 2004-2012 were very good, much better than the current team.
The same applies for our attack.

Alexis wouldn't be a starter, not even close, in any Barca since 2004.
If he is our best scorer today, that says more how crappy our team is today, than how good Alexis is.

The same as with Neymar and Brasilian NT.
If he is their best player, that doesn't mean that he is awesome.
It only shows how much weaker Brasil today is than 10 years ago.

The same is with Alexis as our "most dangerous man behind Messi".

We are just very crappy and very average in the moment, compared to Barca's standards since 2004 to today.

F

Flavia

The rumor now is alexis to juve, llorente to barça. I wouldn't like that, not one bit....

I

instinct

Yeah, sure sell a 25-year old forward who has the 2nd most scorerpoints and get a 29-year old striker. Only Zubi can be so stupid. We'll probably give Juve Alexis + 10m for Llorente. :facepalm:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Impressive huh? In the last 21 games for Barcelona Alexis has scored 5 goals. 21 games, 5 goals. In 9 UCL games this season Alexis scored ZERO goals. In his career for Barcelona in the UCL, spanning 24 games in total, Alexis has scored just three goals.

This is a forward mind you, not a midfielder, not a fullback, but a forward.

But it's all ok, he brings great work rate, right.

Yeah those UCL numbers are worrying, on the other hand, he started only 5 out of those 9 games. Tata didn't trust him, but perhaps it was a mistake, he showed in La Liga that he can be a big game player.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Yeah, sure sell a 25-year old forward who has the 2nd most scorerpoints and get a 29-year old striker. Only Zubi can be so stupid. We'll probably give Juve Alexis + 10m for Llorente. :facepalm:

Regardless of Llorente, one thing is certain, we won't win any trophies with Pedro+Alexis in our attack.
We surely won't win in CL. And more likely, we won't win even La Liga in the future against Atletico and Real with our current team and team-form from the last few Months.

We can't be worse than today.

Whatever happens with Llorente, he can't be worse than our current attack.
It is not hard to beat a Season where you won zero trophies.

abual3bed1

Correction: We won't win any trophies with the current attitude of the players. Alexis has been one of the best consistent players all season and performed well until Tata decided he's not good enough for big games. Which Alexis proved to be a vital man in those games in the past.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Let me guess, he is playing as CF for Chile. I wonder what would happen if he actually played as CF for us and took more shots.

Alexis does not play CF for Chile. He plays, surprise surprise, wide midfielder for them, with freedom. Suazo and Vargas are the CF for that team.

Chile plays a lot like a 4-1-4-1, he has plenty of freedom, but he is not the CF.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Yeah, and that's I think the bigger thing that's missing from our attack, not a number nine or striker or whatever, but movement. All three of our forwards (Neymar, Messi, Alexis) can play pretty much anywhere in a 3-man attack, they all have great dribbling, vision, and passing, if they were constantly interchanging and moving and running into space as opposed to just staying on the wings, marking them would be nigh on impossible.

Home of Barca Fans