Alexis Sanchez

ivan22

Actually, if everyone knows you can't score to save your life, then you're not a goalthreat. That's exactly what gives him the opportunity to get into goalscoring chances. The opposition defenders don't take him seriously.

I'm glad you're not a coach.

"OK NOW TACTICS: DONT FOCUS ON ALEXIS BECAUSE HE CANT SCORE!!! GIVE HIM ALL THE TIME HE NEEDS; INSTEAD FOCUS ON MESSI!! NOW GO OUT THERE AND WIN OK?"

Yugi

I am dissapointed, he is not getting his shit together and he is not scoring goals as he should
whatever happened this is very bad for Alexis, he should be gone in summer if he continues this way

J

jtmx12

Standards are high here, Giant...
I think the increasing sentiment for fans is that Sanchez is getting preferential treatment
There is a tolerance limit for failure my friend
Its not like it's his first bad display.
Pros- Gets into goalscoring positions(maybe because opposing team doesn't think of him as a threat) and tracks back
Cons-Dives and falls over all the time, Competes with Torres at finishing, cant dribble or beat defenders, takes away playing time of Villa & Tello, messes up many attacks
no more excuses,he has given the time and the chances and he stil failed so much......
If the 4,000,000 euros he gets every season is not enough to cheer him up than he should find himself some other team.

Highlights xD

Last edited:
M

mikecraig

Do you guys not think that the now obvious and undeserved preferential treatment he gets is unfair on forwards who cannot get a game and the likes of Afalley who were never given a chance

BibB

Goalscoring aside I think Alexis has actually improved from last season in terms of movement, understanding of the system and overall contribution to the team. Theres plenty of games left in the season for him to match or even better his stats from last year. In his defence he has more shots on target than he misses.

Paganinisrvnge

Do you guys not think that the now obvious and undeserved preferential treatment he gets is unfair on forwards who cannot get a game and the likes of Afalley who were never given a chance

Yes. This was Tello's first start in quite a long time. Both Tello and Villa deserve more minutes than Alexis.

Stric

I'm glad you're not a coach.

"OK NOW TACTICS: DONT FOCUS ON ALEXIS BECAUSE HE CANT SCORE!!! GIVE HIM ALL THE TIME HE NEEDS; INSTEAD FOCUS ON MESSI!! NOW GO OUT THERE AND WIN OK?"

Hahah, well it's not as if they don't bother to cover him at all, but when you look at both of them, Messi seems to have a harder time getting into good goalscoring positions than Alexis. Is it because Alexis has better positioning or whatever? Of course not, it's because Messi has half of the opposing team marking him at all times. That's why Alexis gets more space.

impeh

Hi, its me..
in all fairness, hes never been a goalscorer. The fact he scored 15 last season is actually above expectations. Im going by wikipedia :lol: but he scored 21 goals in 112 games for Udinese, and hes got 18 in 64 for us, which is an improvement.

I understand the hate for him, especially after yesterdays game. He does dive too much and is missing some really easy chances recently that puyol probably would have put away. But i think people expect a little too much from him in front of goal, and let other players (pedro) get away with it a little bit, when he actually is a 15/20 goal a season man but only has 1 more goal than Alexis and has played 3/4 more games.

The diving WILL go, gradually its gone from busquets' game, and his finishing will get better.. his confidence is just super low right now.
Our best front 3 in big games, if you dont put iniesta up top, is probably messi and villa (they both score) and one of the more hard working wingers either pedro or sanchez (or tello if hes on playing well)

Needs to improve quickly though, im running out of ways to defend him for the money spent :lol: :cry:

ivan22

Hahah, well it's not as if they don't bother to cover him at all, but when you look at both of them, Messi seems to have a harder time getting into good goalscoring positions than Alexis. Is it because Alexis has better positioning or whatever? Of course not, it's because Messi has half of the opposing team marking him at all times. That's why Alexis gets more space.

so not only alexis should get more space but villa, pedro and tello, too. I think none of these 3 players had so much good chances like alexis (unlike pedro maybe :D). So yes, I think alexis' position play is pretty good and underestimated.

ShandyFFM

[video]http://i49.tinypic.com/2uokgpc.gif[/video]

hes falling down even when he shoots.... That isnt freaking normal... why ???

Home of Barca Fans