Alexis Sanchez

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Mate don't forget that I have always been a fan of Bojan, that was one of the reasons that I didn't want Alexis signed in the first place. I think Bojan can do Alexis's job and score goals plus we would have saved 40 million Euros at the same time.

J

jiopi

Allas - spot on.

"This video defines Alexis Sanchez. 1) Workrate, to help his team defend, won the ball back 2) Always makes good runs, always asks the ball, always makes himself (or other teammates) available for a pass. 3) doesn't finish (this season), lack of confidence in front of goal. If he could improve the part 3, like he was last season, he'd be Barca's 2nd best striker, like he was last season."

Maybe this link was already posted here, if so sorry, but I couldn't agree more.
Great video, it's his first touch which fails him every time, had 3 great 1on1 possibilities, didn't achieve a shot. Everything else is great, but it's not enough when it may be the thing which decides games.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Perfect solution: switch Alexis and Mascherano's positions. Alexis is hard working and tracks back and when he is around the ball it is guaranteed to never go in the goal. Mascherano will score the usual golazos that he usually does except maybe in the opponents net this time :lol:

F

Frejsgodes

I was way too harsh on Alexis in live chat. He's still got all the tools and potential in the world, he's just in a slump. It happens.
Sorry Alexis for cursing on your sexy ass!

sanchez-1314650926_zoom64_crop_800x600_800x600+4+291.jpg

Last edited:

MarkYaeger

At some point you have to be realistic and weigh how much he hurts vs. how much he helps. More often than not, he's hurting us more per game than helping. That's when it's time to go. He shouldn't even be starting, but that's a whole other argument.

MarkYaeger

I was way too harsh on Alexis in live chat. He's still got all the tools and potential in the world, he's just in a slump. It happens.
Sorry Alexis for cursing on your sexy ass!

Not so much a slump, just unable to keep up with our regular boys. A slump is temporary. His poor first touches, tripping over his own feet, diving, hesitations, poor crosses, zero finishing, etc. etc. are consistently a constant

F

Frejsgodes

Not so much a slump, just unable to keep up with our regular boys. A slump is temporary. His poor first touches, tripping over his own feet, diving, hesitations, poor crosses, zero finishing, etc. etc. are consistently a constant
He was doing just fine last year with 15 goals and 5 assists in 41 matches. He has proven he can be a part of this team. Some players just goes through tough period. I still have faith he can bounce back.

We definitely shouldn't use Sanchez in the CL or the Cup, but we can still use him in La Liga. IMO, we should sell him if he doesn't improve by the summer window.

dostoevskij

He needs only one thing: confidence. its about momentum, if he scores a few times in the next games he will be back on track.( so he has to play, especially with Villa out) Not a goal maschine, we already have one, but a 15-20 goals winger, who works his ass off. so patience, if he slumps for the rest of the season, there will be a solution in summer!

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He needs only one thing: confidence. its about momentum, if he scores a few times in the next games he will be back on track.( so he has to play, especially with Villa out) Not a goal maschine, we already have one, but a 15-20 goals winger, who works his ass off. so patience, if he slumps for the rest of the season, there will be a solution in summer!

not sure if you said "goal maschine" on purpose but that made me laugh :lol:

Anyway we can't afford to waste anymore time giving him chance after chance, hoping that he will gain confidence and get back on track. He should be able to make do with the plethora of chances we give him. If Villa and Tello have the ability to perform well even though they aren't given many chances to, Alexis should be able to perform well when he literally has playing time handed to him.

Paganinisrvnge

If Alexis scored a goal for every time someone said this, he would have more goals than Messi this season.

Home of Barca Fans