Andres Iniesta

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Still one of my favourite moments in football history. I remember by that point giving up all hope, then out of nowhere...I ended up jumping around my apartment like a maniac myself. :lol:

Still think the simultaneous antics from Pep, Pinto et al are just as priceless...First we have Pep showing his class when he is congratulating Ancelotti and then moments later running like a lunatic down the touchline (Being lapped by Pinto)

Sylvinho's reaction is great also.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
When Masch and Keita ran the "show" in 1st half he looked very lost. Really should have played deeper. With Xavi in he looked much better, but still no good enough I guess.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
When Masch and Keita ran the "show" in 1st half he looked very lost. Really should have played deeper. With Xavi in he looked much better, but still no good enough I guess.

Agreed. Even with Xavi on he just wasn't his usual self. He just made a couple of dribbles here and there but nothing from him really. Poor match, but then again even Messi was off. Just not our night.

nebeer

Love is All
Agreed. Even with Xavi on he just wasn't his usual self. He just made a couple of dribbles here and there but nothing from him really. Poor match, but then again even Messi was off. Just not our night.

Barca didn't get past Hercules at all today. They hardly created enough opportunities. The very few they did fell to Bojan.

F

Flavia

From his fb:

Volviendo a casa después de haber perdido nuestro primer partido en el camp nou. Aunque nos duele mucho esta derrota nos tiene que servir para estar más preparados y seguir confiando. Ahora a pensar en el partido del martes.

"Going back home after losing our first game on camp nou. Although this defeat hurts us much, it has to serve for us to be more prepared and keep believing. Now thinking about the tuesday game."

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I've said this before but not I've never been so blunt about it, but I think some people rate Don Andrés way too high at this moment... I wouldn't use the word "overrated" as he has had some magical moments and he has shown he totally deserves the starting spot in midfield for our club, but most of the time I'm screaming at the TV because he dribbles and dribbles and gets nothing done... I think he will be the best midfielder in the world if he learns to be more direct and incisive (which is when his magical moments show)...

dalitis8

Banned
I've said this before but not I've never been so blunt about it, but I think some people rate Don Andrés way too high at this moment... I wouldn't use the word "overrated" as he has had some magical moments and he has shown he totally deserves the starting spot in midfield for our club, but most of the time I'm screaming at the TV because he dribbles and dribbles and gets nothing done... I think he will be the best midfielder in the world if he learns to be more direct and incisive (which is when his magical moments show)...

Blasphemy...you should be stoned...

...I am throwing the first stone for sure...

:chop:

:bash:

:axe:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Hahahaha, I knew it... It may sound as blasphemy to some but I really think he still needs to improve a lot to have such an impact in a game as Xavi does... I know that Xavi is out of this world, but he can carry the team on his own, something Andrés can't do consistently... Right now, Andrés isn't half as good without Xavi on the pitch, however when they are together it's absolute destruction...

And don't get me wrong, Iniesta is one of my favourite players, but as of yet he's far from perfect... I'm aware of what he can do and how good he will become, but the road for him has just begun...

XaviMessiGirl

He is FANTASTIC and in no way am I trying to take anything away from him, but this is why I maintain that Xavi is slightly better than him. Iniesta is at his best when he can link up with Xavi, without him he just lacks something imo, and since we played an entire first half with no Xavi, that's what happened. Whereas when Iniesta was injured last season, the midfield adapted and was able to carry on.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He is FANTASTIC and in no way am I trying to take anything away from him, but this is why I maintain that Xavi is slightly better than him. Iniesta is at his best when he can link up with Xavi, without him he just lacks something imo, and since we played an entire first half with no Xavi, that's what happened. Whereas when Iniesta was injured last season, the midfield adapted and was able to carry on.

I don't know if my point came across well, but this is pretty much what I mean...

dalitis8

Banned
Hahahaha, I knew it... It may sound as blasphemy to some but I really think he still needs to improve a lot to have such an impact in a game as Xavi does... I know that Xavi is out of this world, but he can carry the team on his own, something Andrés can't do consistently... Right now, Andrés isn't half as good without Xavi on the pitch, however when they are together it's absolute destruction...

And don't get me wrong, Iniesta is one of my favourite players, but as of yet he's far from perfect... I'm aware of what he can do and how good he will become, but the road for him has just begun...

Iniesta is a total and absolute legend even if all he ever does from now on..is to score own goals in El Clasicos...he was immense at Euro 2008,he was our TOP PLAYER in our epic 2008/09 season(or have you missed on that one?) and was Spain's top performer at the historic 2010 World Cup....he has done it all...

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
As I said, I'm not saying he sucks and he is clearly a legend and while I don't think he was top player for us during 08/09 or WC (very very very close though), my point is his best game still depends on Xavi and until he gets that sorted out he won't be the best midfielder in the world...

Seriously, you had to show a video of the SB goal to prove his worth?

Home of Barca Fans