Andres Iniesta

Yugi

That is one epic quote, I wonder if it's true. Almost too good to be true.
Where'd you get it?

redcafe
but searching on google got me into this article:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...-champions-league-barcelona-manchester-united

another epicness in there:

No one feels more need than Guardiola: when he said Iniesta deserved the goal, he meant it. Iniesta had joined Barça aged 12 and people were already talking about Andrésito (little Andres). On the advice of his brother Pere, Guardiola watched him and reported that he had seen a 14-year-old who "reads the game better than me", a tiny lad with touch, pace and vision. Soon, Iniesta's Guardiola poster was replaced by a signed photograph dedicated to "the best player I've ever seen".

Last edited:

ZeeMessi

^^ great find I hadn't seen that one before. It's amazing how the vision, touch etc from a 14 year old can be identified so clearly (Pep in this case) which flows onto them becoming a world class players. Amazing stuff.

Manuel Traquete

On the day Iniesta was called to train with the first-team squad, he could not find the dressing room. Luis Enrique was sent out to find him. Wide-eyed, the 16-year-old thought it was a joke, yet Guardiola was deadly serious when he told team-mates: "Remember this day – the day you first played with Andrés." Pulling Xavi Hernández aside he said: "You're going to retire me. This lad is going to retire us all."

:worthy:

:worthy:

Andrés is an unbelievable player. He's by far the best midfielder of his generation and all-time great. And he's only 27, which means that we'll get yo enjoy his football for quite a few years more.

He's an absolute legend. I feel privileged to have watched him live.

BerkeleyBernie

Iniesta has been providing the most effective "bus-breaker" this season. The front line players have no room to make runs, but Iniesta correctly realized he can start a diagonal off-ball run from a deeper position, and that the vision of Messi and other Barça players will pick him up. Coming from a deeper position with pace means the back line defenders have to make quick decisions on whether to stay with their current mark, or mark Inieista. Because of Iniesta's pace, that moment of indecision lets him get a step behind the back line; the killer is that he the touch to control the pass in the little room he's created.

Thiago is another player who might effectively do this run. The keys are 1) start from deep position, 2) run diagonally to create indecision in the back line defenders, 3) run with pace, and 4) control the pass with touch.

Manuel Traquete

Iniesta has been providing the most effective "bus-breaker" this season. The front line players have no room to make runs, but Iniesta correctly realized he can start a diagonal off-ball run from a deeper position, and that the vision of Messi and other Barça players will pick him up. Coming from a deeper position with pace means the back line defenders have to make quick decisions on whether to stay with their current mark, or mark Inieista. Because of Iniesta's pace, that moment of indecision lets him get a step behind the back line; the killer is that he the touch to control the pass in the little room he's created.

Thiago is another player who might effectively do this run. The keys are 1) start from deep position, 2) run diagonally to create indecision in the back line defenders, 3) run with pace, and 4) control the pass with touch.

That has always been the case. We really missed Iniesta in the Inter tie in 2010. He has often been the difference maker for us in the past few years. With the opposition too focused on Messi, Iniesta wreaks havoc. If they focus on Iniesta, Messi will wreak havoc. When these two players are on, the opponents can only pick how they want to lose really.

He's an incredibly complete player, but his main attributes are dribbling and ball control, which are the main tools required to break a bus. Other than Messi, he's the only capable of making things happen on his own, dribble past defenders at will and create gaps.

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
That has always been the case. We really missed Iniesta in the Inter tie in 2010. He has often been the difference maker for us in the past few years. With the opposition too focused on Messi, Iniesta wreaks havoc. If they focus on Iniesta, Messi will wreak havoc. When these two players are on, the opponents can only pick how they want to lose really.

He's an incredibly complete player, but his main attributes are dribbling and ball control, which are the main tools required to break a bus. Other than Messi, he's the only capable of making things happen on his own, dribble past defenders at will and create gaps.

:xavi:

Manuel Traquete

Xavi is obviously great, but Iniesta is a much superior dribbler, which is the key to unlocking parked buses. We need players who can run at defenses, beat opponents one-on-one in order to create gaps in the defense. Messi and Iniesta are the only ones that fit the bill, I feel that they are the key to bringing down the bus.

SwiftGuyver

Iniesta & Messi are obviously the two most effective and important 'bus-breakers' in the team but i'd say Xavi is the most important player overall...

Manuel Traquete

Iniesta & Messi are obviously the two most effective and important 'bus-breakers' in the team but i'd say Xavi is the most important player overall...

These three are just :worthy:

There will never be anyone quite like them. Our team is great, but these three are the key to success,we'll not have legends like these anytime soon, if ever. Alone, they're brilliant. All three together, they're an unstoppable force.

This period of domination should be remembered as the Xaviniessi generation at Barcelona :) These three have defined an era, at Barca and football in general. They are the three greatest players of this generation imo.

Here's reminder of how unbelievably great Messi, Xavi and Iniesta are:

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

These three are just :worthy:

There will never be anyone quite like them. Our team is great, but these three are the key to success,we'll not have legends like these anytime soon, if ever. Alone, they're brilliant. All three together, they're an unstoppable force.

This period of domination should be remembered as the Xaviniessi generation at Barcelona :) These three have defined an era, at Barca and football in general. They are the three greatest players of this generation imo.

Here's reminder of how unbelievably great Messi, Xavi and Iniesta are:

Best game I have EVER SEEN!

I don't think Barca have ever matched that performance since. I don't think they ever will. It was the PERFECT GAME. Keeping the ball when you think there is NO WAY they are going to hold on to it now, but they do, and they do a little trick too while doing it.

MESSI XAVI INIESTA, FUTBOL GODS!

Home of Barca Fans