Andres Iniesta

LeoGotSkillz

I seriously wonder why Pep keeps playing Iniesta on the left wing. His performances always are mediocre there, he needs to play with Xavi on the midfield, that's the way to dominate a game...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I agree, but even then for a player of Iniesta's caliber, playing him slightly out of position shouldn't induce such a collapse in technique, I mean how does playing him on the left account for his terrible first touch, missing passes and pondering on the ball? I think he's injured or tired. Iniesta has played well on the left before.
How do you explain him turning into a monster as soon as he was reverted to mid field role against Mallorca, when we went a man down? It's like he had two faces that night!!

LeoGotSkillz

It all comes down to self confidence I think. It is a bit different to play on the wide where you are expected to play like a winger (which is not Iniestas's thing) or playing with Xavi on the midfield. Playing on the midfield Andres is one of the most creative (if not the most) players in the world. On the wing, the limited possibilities eat him up. Just my thoughts /observations. I have not seen Iniesta shine on the wing...

SeloBarca

Messi noticed it aswell. We lost ALOT in our passing game in the middle having Iniesta on the side. Messi had to go WAY to far down to pick up the ball, and then we had only Sanchez to pass to, Iniesta is no striker/gaprunner.
Very easy for Milan defence to just put 3 defenders on Sanchez.

When Tello came on i was like "finally thir taking out keita and pputting Iniesta back in middle" only to see Iniesta walking out :(

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
absolute shite.

and not because he was out of position either as he spent a lot of time in the middle.

seriously disappointing, especially as we really needed him to step up and help take attention away from Messi.

Alissa

Seriously, what's wrong with him? Was it because of the field? Iniesta is usually the one that suffers the most when the pitch isn't good. Disappointing. *sigh*

barcaboy15

Oh my god! He's broke!

The last league game was the worst I've ever seen him and he was terrible against Milan.

Why the fuck does he keep getting played on the wing!? I mean for fuck sake,

Busquets

Xavi - Iniesta

= WIN

dalitis8

Banned
absolute shite.

and not because he was out of position either as he spent a lot of time in the middle.

seriously disappointing, especially as we really needed him to step up and help take attention away from Messi.

Iniesta was absolute shite (he was a bit better than that if we are being honest) but Keita was good.

OK.

Messi noticed it aswell. We lost ALOT in our passing game in the middle having Iniesta on the side. Messi had to go WAY to far down to pick up the ball, and then we had only Sanchez to pass to, Iniesta is no striker/gaprunner.
Very easy for Milan defence to just put 3 defenders on Sanchez.

When Tello came on i was like "finally thir taking out keita and pputting Iniesta back in middle" only to see Iniesta walking out :(

This and fucking this.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
There wasn't much he could do on the wing with 8 Milan players in the penalty area. He's decent on the wings if he gets support from an offensive LB like Adriano, but against a top team defending deep with 9 players he can't make his mark on the game. Probably our worst starter.

Maria

I wish I could say that we have Pep to blame for his performance, but I don't think Iniesta was that bad only because because he played on the wing. He seemed really tired latelly which it's strange because after all his injuries Andres should be one of the rested players. I hope he won't start against Athletic.

khorne

I wish I could say that we have Pep to blame for his performance, but I don't think Iniesta was that bad only because because he played on the wing. He seemed really tired latelly which it's strange because after all his injuries Andres should be one of the rested players. I hope he won't start against Athletic.

I could only watch the game from the 60th minute, I only saw about 5 minutes from iniesta so I could be wrong. it looked like this sort of forced halfplay when you fear an old injury might come back any second. maybe it was just these particular 5 minutes, but there was this scene where we had an attack over the right side, and he was slowly jogging to join in. this was 10 minutes after the break and it was iniesta after all, so this couldn't have been down to being tired or lazy. i don't really know. i think he's also a player that gets better into the game with more touches on the ball, so if you guys say he's been sulking on the wing for the first half, that might be an explanation.

when he was subbed out, he looked so defeated it was heartbreaking. pobre andresito

Home of Barca Fans