Andres Iniesta

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I want to write poetry, because of this man.

Andres Iniesta putting up a show
It was only against Nigeria though
Bossed the game, made it flow
Let the fapping commence from Sid Lowe

Come up with this myself btw

Last edited:
I

instinct

Sometimes, when I watch the Don play, I grab a ball, go outside and stand before the ball and I wonder how it is possible to be so great and to have such a great ball control..

Galning

The Don knows how it's done.

MFW+I+tell+a+joke+and+no+one+laughs.+Do_4e52f5_3926496.gif

footyfan

Calma, calma
Top 3 at the moment. Soon to be #1..

Same as with Messi, there is no way to tell. At a stretch, Messi is the best player of the past 15-20 years - further than that, it's hard to compare, teams were not as organised, games were more open but referee leniency was also higher and teams across leagues were more balanced.

Iniesta is the most awesome midfielder I've seen, but as for being THE best, it's hard to tell. For midfielders, it's especially hard - they all have differing functions for their teams.

raskolnikov

Is it me or is Iniesta much better than a few years ago? its as if he really stepped his game up, dribbles more and better, more genius moves than before.
Or is my memory just a little hazy now?

I have seen a lot of great midfielders, but comparing Iniesta to a vieira for example is difficult.
Its really a joy to watch him though, I wonder if the general consensus is still that he is the number 3 player in the world, clearly number 2 for me and the best midfielder by a very wide margin.

raskolnikov

Same as with Messi, there is no way to tell. At a stretch, Messi is the best player of the past 15-20 years - further than that, it's hard to compare, teams were not as organised, games were more open but referee leniency was also higher and teams across leagues were more balanced.

Iniesta is the most awesome midfielder I've seen, but as for being THE best, it's hard to tell. For midfielders, it's especially hard - they all have differing functions for their teams.

Messi is obviously the goat for me, who created and scored consistently on that level? r9 scored but didnt create, Zidane created but didnt score, even Maradona and Pele.
Only ones I can think of are Zico,Henry,Platini, who else? and none of it with that consistency on that level in so many big games in top league and cl.
A mix between Laudrup,Maradona and Gerd Müller who ends up with a shitload of trophies, 700+ career goals and 250+ assists when he is done, easily goat and certainly the best I have seen live.
If it wasnt for Leo then Iniesta would have about 1/2 ballon d'ors already, which a player of his level deserves, he is no less than a Zidane or Laudrup.

Meitux

All glory goes to forwards,i still dont understand how Cannavaro won the Ballon D'or in 2006 just by the world cup? i dont know, and left Henry 3rd and even worse Buffon was 2nd

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
As far as midfielders go it's very, very hard to compare because the roles can vary so much ranging from Makelele to Maradona.

The greatest in that AM/CM range would be these three:

Iniesta
Zidane
Laudrup

It really varies I guess but there are some midfielders who were great that are somewhat overrated IMO. For example, I feel like Garrincha wasn't THAT great and was well served by the era he was living in. Compared to professional footballers right now he really doesn't stack up. That being said he did make a big impact when he was playing.

raskolnikov

Same way there are also older players who are underrated nowadays, Zico is one of the best ever yet is pretty much ignored in these debates by most people not from South America. Same way I feel guys like Hagi, Valderama, Litmanen etc. Are underrated nowadays.

Its always more difficult for modern active players though cause we judge them weekly rather than remember highlights.

Home of Barca Fans