Andrés Iniesta

J

jiopi

Lol iniesta owns a bugatti and shares at albecete which he continues to cough out money for. He doesn't wanna leave he just wants more money.
Well it's kind of paradoxal, as he would get more money in these money clubs.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
From Iniesta last interview to a tv(cant remember which one), he does not want to leave. He just want an improved last contract.

This. If this is soley about money, he would have said he would not renew and waiting for offers from the likes of PSG.

footyfan

Calma, calma
This. If this is soley about money, he would have said he would not renew and waiting for offers from the likes of PSG.

It's rarely ever that simplistic in real life. He wants more money, but he also truly wants to stay at Barca. He also probably doesn't want to upset the fans, teammates and club by openly declaring that he won't renew because barca are not offering enough money

I'm not saying that this is what is happening, just that it is a more plausible explanation

Cule4life

The Culest
Maybe this is causing the delay in the contract process? Maybe he has found another career he would like to pursue
Skip to 1:58

Galning

An improved contract is fair at 29. It's basically the last contract he will sign with an increase, unless he signs for a sugardaddy club in the future.

Kerrybai

I don't know of many teams that will pay him more than 12 million plus 3 in bonuses. For that reason I am questioning whether money is the issue for him.

Ursegor

World Champion
Can't imagine the Don leaving. Seems unreal....

please don't tell me he goes to bayern with pep......

The Thiago-Iniesta midfield Culés have dreamed about for years finally materializing ... at Bayern. :lol: I don't think I could ever stop laughing. :lol:

Ursegor

World Champion
I don't know of many teams that will pay him more than 12 million plus 3 in bonuses. For that reason I am questioning whether money is the issue for him.

That's supposed to be a gross number. Which means he's currently getting less than Özil at Arsenal. Every club in the world would pay him more than that.

F

Flavia

I meant when his contract expires he's 31. And the new contract will expire when he's 34. 17 million seems too much to me for a player in his 30s.

It's 17 gross, he won't be getting all that. I think it's fair, considering he's one of the best and still has a lot to give.

Xtroverto

He is asking for 7,5 million euros net, with 56% tax that is 17 gross. Given that he already earn 7 million net, he's asking for a very small raise of 500.000 euros (7% raise). The first offer that he refused, was 12 million gross, 5,5 million net, a salary drop of 1,5 million euros. You really believe Iniesta will accept to take a cut in his salary, no way, that is not the way you premier a player that is considered among the world's best in his position.

For the people that question Iniestas love for FC Barcelona, this video below is the interview he did for Catalan TV, aired this week. There are some noteworthy things to consider.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oprduZbW5-c

2:45 in the clip we see the stairway in his house, the interviewer ask him "And if you had to change team?" refering to the FC Barcelona crest he has put on the wall, Iniesta replies,"it is done on purpose". Then the interviewer says, "If you change team you will have to rebuild your house" and Iniesta reply, "Well, I better don't then"

39:20 into the video, listen to what the guy says, "You have to kiss the crest if you want to take a bath" and "There were guests that were not allowed to take a bath because they refused to kiss the crest". I tell you, Iniesta is more Culé than Xavi and Guardiola combined, he will retire in this club.

Remember, this is the same guy that refused to recieve Florentinos negotiators when he tried to pull a Figo on us paying Iniestas buy out clause of 60 million euros in 2007.

Last edited:

Jaykob

He absolutely has to renew, the prospect of him leaving barca is a nightmare. If Rosell fucks this up then there is no doubt he wants to destroy the barca we know

Home of Barca Fans