Andrés Iniesta

CatalinR10

Just give him already the 500k he wants in his salary. He didn't ask to much and plus , he could have his curent sallary doubled if he moves to another team. Rosell is playing with fire.

serghei

I think Iniesta had a poor 2012 and I think he didn't start well this season either. If he leaves, he leaves. The offer Barca made was a good one IMO.

CatalinR10

Man United and Man City are monitoring the situation of Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta (29), whose contract expires in 2015. [dstar]

Stric

I hate how so many sports commentators and reporters are so badly informed that they keep repeating the 17 mil figure, without mentioning it's the gross figure - making it sound as if Iniesta is asking for a 10 million raise, and pretty much being on the same wages as Ronaldo or Ibra or however, I don't remember their exact wages.

Maria

Remember how the catalan press was writting that Abidal wanted 9M euros a year or that Valdes wanted to get paid as much as Iniesta and Xavi(when he refused to even talk about a renewal) or that Thiago was going to earn 5-6M euros at Manchester United? I wouldn't trust those numbers if I were you.

Yes, because it's Rosell's fault if he leaves. :lol:

I don't know if it's Rosell fault if he leaves, but I know that it's Rosell fault that MD and Sport are writting that it wouldn't be such a bad thing if Iniesta leaves and that we need the money to buy a CB and a GK.
My opinion is that if Puyol is considered a new signing every year and he is paid 6M euros until 2016, then Iniesta should earn 9M euros until 2017. And I hope that Pique won't earn more than Busi after his renewal.

Last edited:

Der Kaiser

Man United and Man City are monitoring the situation of Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta (29), whose contract expires in 2015. [dstar]

If we can get one of these teams or PSG or Monaco to bid 50m for him, Im down for it. No disrespect to the Don but he's not getting any younger and will probably start declining soon, giving him a new contract with a pay raise is bad business. With the money for him we could get Gündogan or Verratti, who have the potential to reach Andres' prime abilities, and still have an extra 15-20m for a new CB. I know this hurts but giving a huge contract to a 29 year old who's as physically sub-par as Andres could end up very badly, just imagine him having an injury and getting 250k a week for sitting in the stands. Rosell already said that Barca's wages are too high, which is why Villa was sold so cheap.

rixxer

If we can get one of these teams or PSG or Monaco to bid 50m for him, Im down for it. No disrespect to the Don but he's not getting any younger and will probably start declining soon, giving him a new contract with a pay raise is bad business. With the money for him we could get Gündogan or Verratti, who have the potential to reach Andres' prime abilities, and still have an extra 15-20m for a new CB. I know this hurts but giving a huge contract to a 29 year old who's as physically sub-par as Andres could end up very badly, just imagine him having an injury and getting 250k a week for sitting in the stands. Rosell already said that Barca's wages are too high, which is why Villa was sold so cheap.

Now I have truely seen everything in this forum...although joining quite recently. Verratti or Gündogan for Don Andres? I must be still sleeping...

Der Kaiser

Now I have truely seen everything in this forum...although joining quite recently. Verratti or Gündogan for Don Andres? I must be still sleeping...

Im not suggesting a swap, Im suggesting a sale and offered two possible replacements. Its not 1 for 1, its selling Andres, buying a replacement and having 15-20m extra which can be used for that new CB that is desperately needed.

Read my very first sentence again and focus on the number. 50m is what I think would be a price for Andres that is irresistable given his age and possible wage demands. Anything less than 40m is a joke for a player like Andres, but every player has a price, except Messi.

Home of Barca Fans