Andrés Iniesta

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Iniesta looked rusty after pre-season which was understandable, but weeks pass and he still looks like he's on vacation. And now this contract talks..
Maybe Tata's rotations could include Iniesta a bit more and give some more chances to Roberto in the coming matches.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Playing so much the last couple seasons both with club and NT is taking a toll on him, I believe... I wouldn't mind giving him an extra week of rest/conditioning if there's a possibility, like Pep did with Messi a few years ago...

Xtroverto

Iniesta has played a lot yes but I don't think he is tired, he is just out of form, that is all.

Matches Minutes since 2006/2007

Xavi

66 5047
65 5316
69 5558
66 5275
66 5079
58 4131
60 4636

450 35042

average 64 games per season and 5007 minutes

Iniesta

66 4489
61 4807
55 4190
48 3181
65 5243
54 3662
64 4646

413 30218

average 59 games per season and 4318 minutes

So Xavi has played 4824 minutes more, that is a whole season more worth of gameplay crammed into the last 7 seasons.

Last edited:

lostchild

its funny because i've seen the same "he started bad/looks tired/not good enough yet" comments in Messi's thread, Fabreags', Dani Alves, Pique, Pedro, Tello, Xavi, Busquets, even Neymar, etc etc

i find it kinda silly.
i dont expect Iniesta to do anything on its own until EVERYONE puts an effort to bring back the old fast/clever/creative/moving Tiki-Taka.
same thing with Xavi, Messi.. etc...
its something everyone should pick up as a group. something they've stopped doing. for some reason.

i could care less if we win games against Ajax or any other team for now, the players arent even moving when the opponent demands them to be a bit creative and move quicker. Ajax opened the game quite a lot and thats why it looked as if the players are playing better.
when teams close down - thats when you see that almost everyone are pretty much standing still , with those idiotic wide passes thru the middle and back.

i miss barca.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
its funny because i've seen the same "he started bad/looks tired/not good enough yet" comments in Messi's thread, Fabreags', Dani Alves, Pique, Pedro, Tello, Xavi, Busquets, even Neymar, etc etc

i find it kinda silly.
i dont expect Iniesta to do anything on its own until EVERYONE puts an effort to bring back the old fast/clever/creative/moving Tiki-Taka.
same thing with Xavi, Messi.. etc...
its something everyone should pick up as a group. something they've stopped doing. for some reason.

i could care less if we win games against Ajax or any other team for now, the players arent even moving when the opponent demands them to be a bit creative and move quicker. Ajax opened the game quite a lot and thats why it looked as if the players are playing better.
when teams close down - thats when you see that almost everyone are pretty much standing still , with those idiotic wide passes thru the middle and back.

i miss barca.

It's not silly though... When was the last time we actually had a proper pre-season? There's always something getting in the way, be it Euros, WC, Confeds or meaningless asian/north american tours...

Since we became the model team, our players have been subject of both physical and mental stress, and it takes its toll inevitably... You think they just forgot how to play tiki-taka or they don't want to do it anymore? The ridiculously high expectations don't help either, our tactics are known all over the world and applying them successfully is getting harder everyday...

With that said, I agree the whole team needs a hard reset...

F

Flavia

Player rejects initial contract of €12 million gross plus €3million in add-ons

[h=1]Iniesta stalling over contract renewal[/h]One week ago Andrés Iniesta rejected the first offer of a contract extension made by Barcelona. The midfielder has a clear idea of what he expects from his career-long club, but MARCA.COM has been informed that there is still a long way to go in the negotiation process. Barça offered the player a salary of €12 million gross plus €3million in add-ons. However, one week on and negotiations continue. It seems both parties want the player to remain at the club beyond 2015, when his current contract expires, but they still seem far from reaching a deal – around €5 million off, MARCA has been informed.
Iniesta is not concerned about becoming one of Barça's top earners, but merely wants to feel the club can fulfil his expectations. The midfielder is said to be after a figure of around €17 million gross, plus bonuses for the various objectives he achieves.
Both Iniesta and his agent, Ramón Sostres, don't want to act hastily in the negotiation process, as the player would like an agreement to be reached, as his plan has always been to remain at the club until he calls time on his career - something he has publicly stated on more than one occasion.
Although the negotiations still have some way to go to tie the player to the club, it appears both parties are hopeful, to the disappointment of other rival clubs that are ready to pounce.

It's from marca. But seems reasonable to me.

Elite-BkD

He's not even out of form, just does less of the flashy stuff going forward these days, which makes perfect sense considering Cesc's progress as well as the arrival of Neymar.
Still the best midfielder on the planet this season.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
He's not even out of form, just does less of the flashy stuff going forward these days, which makes perfect sense considering Cesc's progress as well as the arrival of Neymar.
Still the best midfielder on the planet this season.
little kid from capital says HI.

Home of Barca Fans