Andrés Iniesta

Maria

If we can get one of these teams or PSG or Monaco to bid 50m for him, Im down for it. No disrespect to the Don but he's not getting any younger and will probably start declining soon, giving him a new contract with a pay raise is bad business. With the money for him we could get Gündogan or Verratti, who have the potential to reach Andres' prime abilities, and still have an extra 15-20m for a new CB. I know this hurts but giving a huge contract to a 29 year old who's as physically sub-par as Andres could end up very badly, just imagine him having an injury and getting 250k a week for sitting in the stands. Rosell already said that Barca's wages are too high, which is why Villa was sold so cheap.

Puyol renewed until 2016 with the same salary, Abidal let go
Xavi renewed until 2016 with the same salary, Iniesta should be sold

I wonder why these players are treated differently. And I understand your reasoning, but I can't see Thiago leave because of Xavi and not buying a CB because we have Puyol and then agree with Veratti replacing Iniesta.

And I can't understand how you can say this
Im not suggesting a swap, Im suggesting a sale and offered two possible replacements. Its not 1 for 1, its selling Andres, buying a replacement and having 15-20m extra which can be used for that new CB that is desperately needed.
when we have Zubi as our sporting director and Rosell as our president..you know very well that if Iniesta would be sold, they would present Sergi Roberto or Rafinha as a new signing and that would be the end of it.

Last edited:

jamrock

verratti and Gündogan has the potential to reach iniesta's level, yeah because iniesta is just another WC player and not probably one of the best midfielders over the last 25 years and as clutch as they come.

iniesta is unsellable and should be given the wages he ask for.

Der Kaiser

Puyol renewed until 2016 with the same salary, Abidal let go
Xavi renewed until 2016 with the same salary, Iniesta should be sold

I wonder why these players are treated differently. And I understand your reasoning, but I can't see Thiago leave because of Xavi and not buying a CB because we have Puyol and then agree with Veratti replacing Iniesta.

And I can't understand how you can say this

when we have Zubi as our sporting director and Rosell as our president..you know very well that if Iniesta would be sold, they would present Sergi Roberto or Rafinha as a new signing and that would be the end of it.

Thats how I would do it, we´ll see what Rosell and Zubi have in mind.

Part of the reason why I suggest selling Iniesta were the extensions of Xavi and Puyol. If they renew Iniesta and give him a big salary, we´ll soon have 3 old-ish players getting wages of a 26 year old superstar. This cant continue, otherwise we´ll have to sell even more than the front of our kit. These players have been great for the club and are already legends, but Barca must stop throwing money around like that, Puyols body is breaking down already and we gave him a contract until 2016, when he´ll be 38!

Zuess99

But iniesta can still play for 4 seasons, He doesnt rely on speed and his technique wount just go out the window between that time, hence I think he needs a renewal. You guys are looking at other players like gundogan but what about our la masia players that still need to prove themselves? Rafa will be back next season and cause he was a la masia player he wount be on exceptionally high wages. So lets keep iniesta , he is great and we cant just let him go.I dont think he wants to go.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
iniesta is unsellable and should be given the wages he ask for.

Strongly disagree. Noone is bigger than FCB.
And Barca is not City or PSG. Iniesta is a club legend though and I think, in the end, he will back down a bit.

If for whatever reason he sticks to some astronomical figures then I would fully support the club if they decided to let him go instead giving in to extortion.

Kerrybai

The rumours about United and City monitoring them him
are almost certainly BS... Just look at the newspaper who reported them.

J

jiopi

The rumours about United and City monitoring them him
are almost certainly BS... Just look at the newspaper who reported them.
Yeah, I think they are actually now using a software that monitors some problems with players and clubs, and then automatically prints a news about how other clubs are interested. It's basically a free article.

Maria

Strongly disagree. Noone is bigger than FCB.
And Barca is not City or PSG. Iniesta is a club legend though and I think, in the end, he will back down a bit.

If for whatever reason he sticks to some astronomical figures then I would fully support the club if they decided to let him go instead giving in to extortion.

Barca is not City or PSG, Barca is just the football club with the highest wage bill in the world. Barca it's also the football club that didn't have a problem in giving Neymar's dad 40M euros or giving Messi, Xavi and Puyol what they wanted. It's seems that they only have a problem when we talk about Iniesta.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Neymar signing has been quite good actually. From the sport perspective, the guy is doing good. Blended in quite nicely so far.
From the financial side.. Yes, the transfer fee was big but there's no doubt that Neymar will in the end generate money for FCB. He's one of the most attractive players in the world.

It's seems that they only have a problem when we talk about Iniesta.

Don't know what to respond to that really. Sounds too silly to touch it.

Der Kaiser

He's irreplaceable and the best midfielder in the world. Give him whatever the fuck he wants. Especially if it's just another 0.5m net.

"Give him whatever the fuck he wants" is the exact attitude that gets clubs into financial problems. A player should get what he deserves, its up to the board to decide how much they are willing to offer Iniesta, but Im sure that PSG or Monaco will offer more.
But who knows what the actual situation is, maybe Iniesta wants to stay at the club regardless of what other clubs offer him.

Home of Barca Fans