Andrés Iniesta

abual3bed1

I love how every few weeks a new story emerges that makes Rosell look like a total piece of shit. It's only a matter of time before there'll be enough of those to bury him completely.

Rosell doesn't need this to look like a total piece of shit, he's just making himself look even worse than just a piece of shit.

Rosell is such a POS, it's hard to fathom how socios have not risen up to go forward with a vote of no confidence...This is now 3 key players of the squad who had trainers/physios removed from their care, it's inexplicable really...One is leaving, another is having injury issues and the other is balking at a renewal after being made to look greedy in the local media (Board sanctioned, no doubt)

Does this stem from Rosell settling old scores rather than ensuring the success of the club & it's players?...Sure feels like it as Rosell has been every bit, if not more, political than Laporta ever was

Let's not forget about the board's part in Pep's departure. And their absolute incompetence in the Thiago saga.

Can't believe we're stuck with clown Rosell until 2016 :facepalm:

Last edited:

The Observer

Bartomeu (sports vice president): "Iniesta asked to re-hire physical coach as condition to renew? Not at all." [rac1]

It was fun to revel in the gossip rumours while it lasted.

The Observer

Yep, Bartomeu is never one to lie

I'm fairly certain that was the plan but the coaching / medical staff interfered once he really was back a few months later. He doesn't gain anything from lying in this matter. He only loses.

Why would he lie in this case either? Iniesta could come out and make him look like a total fool, especially since Bartomeu said it in such a clear tone.

I don't care what anyone wants to believe. I'll continue to believe the official words of Barca representatives rather than some ridiculous daily gossip magazine.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Do you think Iniesta would have gone out to make a statement about it publicly? I doubt it.

The Observer

Do you think Iniesta would have gone out to make a statement about it publicly? I doubt it.

He doesn't need to. He has an agent for that who can make indirect comments and give a hint. Even Valdes once he leaves. Or he could simply not renew. If Iniesta's camp can apparently leak that he wants Ricard back, they can also leak that Bartomeu is lying.

But I don't know why we are discussing this in the first place. It's the same gossip magazine that tells us that we're signing Agüero, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Vidal and Koke which pretends to know the insides of the club.

Also I doubt that Iniesta would have the audacity to set an ultimatum of hiring person X or he won't renew. Imagine C. Ronaldo doing this. The reactions would be quite different now, labeling him a diva, "Tristiano" etc. It's none of Iniesta's business which personnel the club hires. Every club in the world changes its staff members every few years, especially when new coaches arrive. Only at Barca and Madrid this can possibly turn into a political discussion.

Last edited:

The Observer

Zubizarreta (sports director): "Iniesta asked return of physical coach who left? No, that wasn't brought up once during the talks." [cope]

Zubi vehemently denying it, too.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The same Zubi who in January of this year told the press that things were going well with Valdes' renewal only for the player's agent, the very next day, refuting that...days later the player himself stating he would not be renewing and that it was irrevocable?...Yeah, keep trying...He is in the media as sporting director and has to choose his words carefully...Zubi did similar wrt Guardiola, Abidal, Alba, CBs, transfers etc. - one second saying one thing, then the next we see his words being not being true

I like Zubi, at least he was a player and a legend at the club, but he is also part of Rosell's clan that has seen the harmonious relationships at the club sour with incredible pace in their 3 year tenure

Probably why Rosell hired a political communications director (4th in 3 years) to help preserve good PR for those, like yourself, who love to digest whatever comes out of their office

Maria

The same Zubi who in January of this year told the press that things were going well with Valdes' renewal only for the player's agent, the very next day, refuting that...days later the player himself stating he would not be renewing and that it was irrevocable?...Yeah, keep trying...He is in the media as sporting director and has to choose his words carefully...

He said not only that the things were going well, but that the negotiations were advanced. And Valdes said that they did not even meet once because he didn't want to negotiate. Also Zubi was parading on the spanish TV, saying how he chose Tata only for a few days later to see Rosell saying that he was the one who had the idea to hire Tata. They are all liars and you would think that until now the fans have gotten used to it.

I like Zubi, at least he was a player and a legend at the club, but he is also part of Rosell's clan that has seen the harmonious relationships at the club sour with incredible pace in their 3 year tenure

I can't like someone who says that won't even try to buy players from Athletic because of his history there. He is hired by Barca and he has a duty to this club, not Athletic Bilbao.

Exactly, I want to believe official statements. Not the evidences in a gossip magazine.

When it comes to Barca, sometimes you find out more about what Rosell is thinking from MD than from official statements. In this particular situation, Iniesta has leaked a lot of things to Marca(him, Casillas, Ramos and Cesc have pretty much the same friends in the media). And what I thought is striking was the sum that MD says that Iniesta wants, in comparison with Marca who is giving much smaller numbers. So I'm pretty sure that if the player and the club have failed to reach a deal, it's because of the money(though of course the fact that Valdes is leaving and Ricart was let go aren't helping).

Last edited:

lostchild

seriously though
putting every thing aside..
it is really sad/scary/weird that our officials cant seem to be able to renew his contract already.

its god damn Iniesta
i mean .. really. i dont care if he plays awful from now on and forever, i dont care if he gets injured somehow or if he's just tired,
i would do my best to sign him just for what he's given us so far.

its pretty retarded to see such long negotiations with a one-team player like Iniesta.

Home of Barca Fans