Andrés Iniesta

Antimadridista1

Long negotiations can be understood if he asks too much money and I think that this is the main problem... money money money
Honnestly, I thought that Andres was more simple and less materialist than that.

F

Flavia

Exactly, I want to believe official statements. Not the evidences in a gossip magazine.

That's quite a naive way to see things. We get to know the "truth" they want, that's politics. But there's always much more than what official statements say.

Long negotiations can be understood if he asks too much money and I think that this is the main problem... money money money
Honnestly, I thought that Andres was more simple and less materialist than that.

Except it's not... the raise he wants isn't substantial, it's almost the same salary he already gets. And Andres deserves a last big paycheck, he gave a lot to this club.

DinhoR10

Well after what he's done for the club and continues to do he deserves the money.

CatalinR10

If I'm not mistaken , he wants only 500K more to his salary. If it takes this long for the club to accept Iniesta's terms , they can go fuck themselves . You can't risk pissing off a once in a lifetime player like Iniesta for 500k .

Stric

What if the club is broke and can't really pay him?

The club is broke. We're in debt, and until we get rid of it, everything we do is paid on a credit card. It would be incredible hypocrisy of the club to say they can't afford X or Y when they're spending 57 million on Neymar, 12 or whatever million on Messi's yearly wages, etc. - money they don't have in the first place. Besides, Valdes is leaving at the end of the season, surely not having to pay his wages will open up opportunities to lower the expenses and/or use that money elsewhere.

Either way, I can't really think of a reason why I would blame anyone but the club for the negotiations taking so long. Whatever it is that Iniesta and his agent demand, it's probably reasonable. But even if it wasn't, when it comes to players like Iniesta, who have been as good as he has been, and have given the club as much as he has, all you should do is say "Yes, sir. Is there anything else we can do for you?"

DinhoR10

You should factor in the massive jersey sales a player like neymar will bring into the reasoning for his price tag. If he stays a long time he'll probably pay it back with that alone.

CatalinR10

Iniesta scored today his first penalty goal ever at senior level. Previous penalty goal: with Spain U21 in Oct 2005 [via @pedritonumeros]

BZxGzNPIcAIrERJ.jpg:large

The Observer

Well, it's clearly not his "first penalty goal ever at senior level", seeing that he scored one against Portugal in the Euro 2012 semi final. The same game Sara Carbonero interviewed Iniesta afterwards and asked if he would also have liked to take a penalty.

Cule4life

The Culest
Well, it's clearly not his "first penalty goal ever at senior level", seeing that he scored one against Portugal in the Euro 2012 semi final. The same game Sara Carbonero interviewed Iniesta afterwards and asked if he would also have liked to take a penalty.

A penalty shootout is not a goal son

Home of Barca Fans