Andres Iniesta

kollegah

I think more more and more that pep burnt out our magical quartett ( Leo, busi, don, Xavi ) , at lot of games where we were up by 3 or 4 goals he didn't sub them of. Especially Leo played almost every 90 minutes under pep. Of course the fans were pleased and the results were very good, but now we have to cope with the consequences

CuleLife4Life

I'm not too sad about him being off for a couple of games. He has been on a clear decline and now is the time to give the likes of Rafinha quality time.

ebc_99

He is not on a clear decline, why do people keep saying that about players who are out of form? Decline means the player will not get back to their best, and there is no reason to think Iniesta will not recover his form and get back to his best, he is only 30 after all..

Frodo_FCB

Robben is 30 yo too, he plays like a beast and had some serious injuries in the past. Furthermore Iniesta is a more delicate player who relies in his technique and passing skills, unlike Robben who relies mostly to his speed.
I dont think that Iniesta is declining so soon. He has always been professional and he never acted like a star :pique: , so i think that he will get his head down and return to his best form. Maybe this injury turns good for him too.

DinhoR10

This thing is all mental, he's had these problems before, maybe its added pressure of being the captain or the world cup is still haunting him but his abilities have gone no where, physically he's perfect he can do everything he used to (IF you ask me he's better at the tempo thing than last season). Knee jerk reactions don't win you trophies, you can't throw away you're best midfielder, you work with him to get him up to snuff.

khorne

the last three posts +1

a decline is what happened to fernando torres after 2010, in that case with an obvious reason in his knee injury and rushed surgery.

a completely agree with dinhoR10, he displayed vision, tecnique, acceleration all not six days ago against ajax. He had imo one of his best career games half a year ago, and against atletico to boot. those aren't flukes caused by playing gimme opponents

I thinks it's a question of mentality or confidence, but i've also noticed that under tata and the new approaches to tactics, he seemed to play after instructions that go against his natural way of playing (quicker release of the ball, less individual 1v1, playing through the wings) and i definitely see the same this season.

Of course, if i'm being not iniesta-friendly, i could say the hall mark of a great player is to adapt to change, and maybe he is thinking to himself "i've done too much for club and country to completely reinvent myself for celta bloody enrique" but personally i don't think so. I'm confident that he will be a force again. i trust the don the most among any player of barca ever since puyol retired.

Mitchell1978

He is not on a clear decline, why do people keep saying that about players who are out of form? Decline means the player will not get back to their best, and there is no reason to think Iniesta will not recover his form and get back to his best, he is only 30 after all..

A lot of people are idiots who don't know shit, players go in and out of form all the time.

MagIX

I do not think Iniesta in declining (or better i hope so), i think he is not fit.
The problem is that the team suffer too much his lack of defensive work. If Iniesta plays, Xavi doesent have to play. 2 players with defensive quality less than zero, the team can no longer afford it in the soccer of nowadays

Chainsaw

Killahead
As the saying goes: "You are as good as your last match". "Messi is finished, Iniesta is finished, Busquets is finished blah blah blah." The level of fickleness in this forum has reached a new level.

Schumi

I think that it is wholly possible for him to recover his best form. While the defeat to PSG and Madrid are disastrous for our prestige, nothing has been lost. The really crucial games of the season are well ahead of us and it then that we will have to be at our best.

L

linetty

It seems that he will miss three games. Celta (h) Ajax (a) and Almeria (a)
I read he'll do his best to be ready for the Ajax fixture.

Dont think thats possible, should be ready for the Almeria game though

Schumi

I read he'll do his best to be ready for the Ajax fixture.

Dont think thats possible, should be ready for the Almeria game though

Maybe it's best for him to take his time to rest and heal. If however he managed to fully recover by the Ajax game, then so much the better, I still have faith in him.

james baldwin

Neutral here. The control Xavi and Iniesta gave Barcelona against even the strongest teams in Europe is gone because of the decline of the former and what looks like the steady decline of the latter.

Barcelona were unable to dictate the tempo of the game vs PSG and Madrid. Against Madrid, Modric and Kroos controlled the game. Rakitic is a very good player but he simply doesn't have the deep-lying playmaking skills of an Iniesta or a Xavi. Of course Barcelona will still utterly dominate the smaller sides, but against the stronger teams, it's a concern.

Home of Barca Fans