Andres Iniesta

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I think it's about tactics... Our midfielders simply play further back and are concerned chiefly with controlling the midfield and winning balls, not supporting the attack.

Indeed. And he did quite well defensively. His offensive contribution was good too. He ought to have had an assist for that pass to Suarez.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
If we keep the new formation Iniesta will not have so much influence on the offense. The new system is designed to allow Leo and Neymar to cut in from the wings. Iniesta will play closer to Busi now, be much more involved in build up and because Alba plays near the touchline and overlaps Neymar, Iniesta will have to stay in central midfield.
On the other side we have Alves who drifts in the centre and helps playmaking so Rakitic can move further up the pitch or on the wing when Leo drifts into the middle.

Conclusion: Iniesta will be less involved in attack than Rakitic from now on, if the players I mentioned above (who are our starters in important games) play.

Empty

Iniesta still holds the ball very well, I'm fine with him playing more centrally, more of a passer than an advanced midfielder.

DinhoR10

Yeah was great tonight, but everything he did was wasted because of poor play by suarez and alba.

Edit: He also beat Madzukic to a header so he wins the life award :lol:

Gohan

Super Saiyan
He plays in a more reserved role and becomes more 'invisible'. Rakitic gets the attacking freedom which really pays off ; the trough ball on Suarez which he missed from 5 yards.. and he got 2 assists last Liga game against Depor. On other hand it seems that Iniesta has taken on Xavi's role while still having his presence shown trough dribbles and key passes. Xavi's ability to either dribble forward or to give that killer pass seem to have declined over the last two seasons mostly due his age.

So if Lucho actually did come up with the idea to play Iniesta in this role, we have to give him credit where it is due. Didn't expect it tho.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
EverlastingDesertedAfricanelephant.gif

This is the Don.

Home of Barca Fans