Andres Iniesta

Kerrybai

Lovely to see him enjoying his football again... still not near what we need from him though. He is providing very little end product going forward. In his defence he does seem to have a more reserved role... hopefully he pushes on from here.

Darko

Hes playing ok, showing signs of improvement, but nowhere near the godlike level like against Real in the Supercup a few seasons ago.

Empty

It remindend my of the good old days of Don play, ball control and dribbling :wub: :iniesta:

My opinion to this day, but Andres Iniesta's dribbling ability and close ball control in his prime is only bested by Messi, the best player ever. Iniesta was always a god of dribbling. And it's not even really a matter of technique, I think, but that Messi is stronger, more agile and dexterous, faster with very powerful acceleration, and has a lower center of gravity.

DinhoR10

Maradona, Pele, R9, Ronaldinho , I could go on lmao Iniesta is great and I think he's one of the best midfielders of all time and can easily be argued to be the best but there are players at his level or higher.

DinhoR10

He lacks the finishing to be considered the "closest player to Messi".

When he retires people will remember his 2009 cl goal and the world cup winner and the inconsistent finishing will be forgotten, they're probably going to canonize him when he retires.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Even then, IIRC, Iniesta has only around ~60 career goals. But, yes, when legends retire, their bad games and inconsistent periods of form are often glossed over.

DinhoR10

Even then, IIRC, Iniesta has only around ~60 career goals. But, yes, when legends retire, their bad games and inconsistent periods of form are often glossed over.

And if you gloss over his bad patches of form you're left with one of the most successful midfielder of all time, only matched by zidane and xavi and history will proabably give iniesta the nod over xavi because of xavi's lack of flashiness, probably zidane too because Iniesta's Barca > Zidane's Madrid.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
And if you gloss over his bad patches of form you're left with one of the most successful midfielder of all time, only matched by zidane and xavi and history will proabably give iniesta the nod over xavi because of xavi's lack of flashiness, probably zidane too because Iniesta's Barca > Zidane's Madrid.

I should hope that Xavi and Iniesta are seen more as a duo, rather than compared against one another.

Home of Barca Fans