Andres Iniesta

BerkeleyBernie

People are also overlooking that it was a typical precision Iniesta pass to Suarez that created Rafinha's goal. Yeah, he did nothing.

You want to see the midfield in a real mess, take out both Xavi and Iniesta against a good team. The only time that's justified, in my opinion, is when the other team is fast, aggressive, *and* sloppy.

JamDav1982

People are also overlooking that it was a typical precision Iniesta pass to Suarez that created Rafinha's goal. Yeah, he did nothing.

You want to see the midfield in a real mess, take out both Xavi and Iniesta against a good team.

That pass didnt create the goal it went through another two Barca players and a deflection.

I dont think anyone is saying he did 'nothing'. He had some good individual moments but he wasnt moving ball quickly often enough and was poor defensively.

barcanuck

Kerrybai

Thanks for sharing. It's so alarming to seeing Iniesta get this old this fast. Really scary, everytime I see him do magic though it brings my confidence up but his end product is lacking so badly I mean he was an assist machine and now can't thread a single assist in Liga play?

To be fair he was never never really an assist machine, but he was much better at dragging defenders out of position etc, like some sort of magnet. It was great to see him improve last game though, he played a really nice pass to Saurez that led to the 2nd goal. Both the contribution of Suarez and Iniesta were huge in that goal which is something that stats won't reflect.

DinhoR10

To be fair he was never never really an assist machine, but he was much better at dragging defenders out of position etc, like some sort of magnet. It was great to see him improve last game though, he played a really nice pass to Saurez that led to the 2nd goal. Both the contribution of Suarez and Iniesta were huge in that goal which is something that stats won't reflect.

+1 For iniesta it wasn't how much he assisted or scored that really defied logic it was the quality of his assists that really makes him stand out, he threads balls that no one else does (Although Messi is getting there).

Zangash

Banned
Been a long while since Iniesta really made me happy that he's out there.

He hasn't been bad, per se, but I don't see any problem with him being benched. I like to imagine how players would be treated if they played the way they did minus the trophies and years of experience, and it's usually not very good.

DinhoR10

Been a long while since Iniesta really made me happy that he's out there.

He hasn't been bad, per se, but I don't see any problem with him being benched. I like to imagine how players would be treated if they played the way they did minus the trophies and years of experience, and it's usually not very good.

If Rafinha can play better in that position then iniesta then bench him club>player.

Kerrybai

+1 For iniesta it wasn't how much he assisted or scored that really defied logic it was the quality of his assists that really makes him stand out, he threads balls that no one else does (Although Messi is getting there).

If we had stats for pre assists like they do in Hockey then I would image his stats would be much better.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Apparently The Don has been busy again and Anna is pregnant :)

Hahahahahha at first I said Valeria is pregnant :rofl1:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans