Andres Iniesta

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
We don't really have any options considering that the other midfielders are Xavi who can't play every game and is slower than ever and Rakitic who isn't that good either

I watched some PSG tonight as well, Veratti is just wow. Amazing, and only gets better. Raki has had some very good games, he really has. But Raki should be our impact sub, our Keita v2.0 - now we have an old Xavi who will most probably leave this summer, a lost Iniesta, just not quite good enough Raki, unreliable Rafinha and who knows what will happen to Sergio. A team like ours which relied on a perfect midfield has totally lost it, they just keep the ball up so they can pass it on to Messi or Neymar - and I'm not talking about a pass where they shake a few defenders, no, just a simple pass in the middle of the park and than they just watch like bystanders.

Last edited:

cris29

He is poor now, not just 'form'. Can any of you remember the last time he had a good stretch of games? 2012? I can't recall him having good-times during Tata, nor Tito.

He is offering no creativity, he often slows the passage of the attack down. It depresses me that our midfield has zero creativity, whilst looking at Madrid with Kroos, isco, and Modric. It will be like this next season also, but even worse as Iniesta declines further. I have found him playing poorly most the season tbh, but who else do we have? Rafinha? He just runs around. Our entire game is hoping on Messi to either score or create.

I have no clue on what set up we can play in midfield. Busquets is the only great player we have there. Rakitic is hit-and-miss with games but does offer defensive capabilities. So who should partner those 2?

Last edited:

Devils

What happened to you Don ? :(

Yeah this question alone makes me want to have this thread closed.

Ugh, Iniesta was used to be so multidimensional, he would do things that would leave people with their jaws on the ground. It's seriously brutal to see him like this. I was really hoping he would follow the Xavi route as a a 30 year old Xavi was dominating and leading us to victories like the 5-0 over Madrid.

I would honestly take a 35 year old Xavi over the current Iniesta in midfield. Iniesta is just so lost. It is INCREDIBLY depressing, words cannot even begin to describe.

BerkeleyBernie

Yeah this question alone makes me want to have this thread closed.

Ugh, Iniesta was used to be so multidimensional, he would do things that would leave people with their jaws on the ground. It's seriously brutal to see him like this. I was really hoping he would follow the Xavi route as a a 30 year old Xavi was dominating and leading us to victories like the 5-0 over Madrid.

I would honestly take a 35 year old Xavi over the current Iniesta in midfield. Iniesta is just so lost. It is INCREDIBLY depressing, words cannot even begin to describe.

Did you see him vs Ukraine? Key pass after key pass, great dribbles and touches. Can't blame him for looking ordinary as a defensive midfielder for Lucho's Barça.

G

Gasgas

Did you see him vs Ukraine? Key pass after key pass, great dribbles and touches. Can't blame him for looking ordinary as a defensive midfielder for Lucho's Barça.

A single friendly match vs Ukraine as a point of referenc? :w000t:
He was poor in tata's team even as an AM

G

Gasgas

Samper busquets pogba our midfield next season.
Subs: Rakitic iniesta rafinha, sergi roberto, mascherano

L

linetty

Past-Pep era hurts. It's really sad seeing all those declining players. And it's even more sad when you realize those declining players are still your best players. Worst management in history.

Time to jump ships, I guess. Is it comfortable in Munich?

Home of Barca Fans