Andres Iniesta

Alik

I know with Luchos tactics Iniesta plays a different role than before but I would love to see him try more of those twinkle toe runs of previous years next season. He did it a few times Last year but nothing like he used to. Imagine him doing that on a consistent basis again leaving a trail of opposing players in his wake with MSN ahead just waiting for the perfect ball that he can deliver.

There's one instance in particular that he did this season that I'm sure we can all remember:

[youtube]/watch?v=kAas0Qzz1vY[/youtube]

dakt

There's one instance in particular that he did this season that I'm sure we can all remember:

With all due respect to Messi and his goals vs Bayern, for me this goal is the best of the season in CL.

Yeah he could've easily forced Iniesta to go for goal himself of pull wide for Messi but idk if he was specifically thinking that he should cut off Iniesta's path instead of the pass but I guess he didn't know that its always better to make iniesta shoot rather than pass.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Andres Iniesta: "I want to retire at Barça. With all my respect to other teams, I can't see myself wearing another kit."

:worthy:

We love you don. May he continue his recent form, took some time to adjust to lucho's tactics but saying he is not good enough to start for barca anymore is really harsh. Very few players can displace him and pogba definitely can't. Even arda can't.

I would love to see him attacking even more. Goal here and there wouldn't hurt.

Yeah but with Xavi's reduced role last season and his absence this year we're likely not going to see that. If you look at the final aside from his 3 or 4 forays to the box he was sitting back doing the xavi thing. Unless Samper gets playing time along side him he'll be rooted squarely as a cm next to Rakitic/Turan/Rafinha.

StarLord

That run by Iniesta was beyond scandalous. That combination of poise, imagination and brilliance that only he possesses. Would be great for us if he could find another great season akin to his 2008-12 glory days.

That run by Iniesta was beyond scandalous. That combination of poise, imagination and brilliance that only he possesses. Would be great for us if he could find another great season akin to his 2008-12 glory days.

Even if he doesn't as long as he produces those big game moments when we need them i'll be content.

StarLord

Even if he doesn't as long as he produces those big game moments when we need them i'll be content.

Yeah. Asking from Andres to be at the level he was when 24 to 28 nowadays is probably utopian, so if he can just bring his big-game bravado into the fold for next season as well, then we should be more than happy.

Theokn

Turkish Iniesta :D

547df2954b283b8d55c2088c.webp

Home of Barca Fans