Andrés Iniesta

dakt

As I was watching the game, cousin commented how Modric is better player... I love Modric (too bad he's playing for RM), but he never got close to Iniesta's elegance, ease of play (almost effortless) and forward movement.
Still a top midfielder and I hope we won't see him out of the pitch for a long time.

JerseyAddict

Well people in Croatia PRAISE Modrić. FOr me he is not and never will be Iniesta. But that is something like Boban vs Prosinečki... I don't want to compare that two either. Different type of players.

JerseyAddict

Modric is just a world class player and Iniesta is an all time great.

+11111 on this.
When Modrić scores a winning goal in WC final on Moskva I will carry him from Airport to main square in Zagreb on my knees. ;) until then, gg for Modrić but please folks make room for Iniesta.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
[MENTION=16775]dakt[/MENTION] [MENTION=21233]JerseyAddict[/MENTION] you guys can't be from Croatia if you think Iniesta is better, remember? :coffee:

SeloBarca

Modric is great, but Iniesta is one of the best, if not the best AMs of all time.
He gets applauded by pretty much every oponents fans in the league, thats really special.

BBZ8800

I expected a lot from him when he came in, but lately more and more often, when he plays, he isn't any better than any random Barca's midfielder (Arda, Gomes, Our dear ghost Denis etc).

Some could reply that is not Iniesta's fault, but a bad system and this is why all players look bad, but imo, he is extremely close to his end.
He will put a good match every now and then (like against Psg), the same as Xavi in his last 2 seasons.

But he is miles from the old Iniesta.

We are looking for midfielders to replace Rakitic/Arda/Gomes, but even our "creative" part is extremely poor to average in Iniesta, Rafinha and Denis.

The sad thing is, our current best two midfielders are Rakitic and Rafinha.
They aren't bad players, but it tells a lot about our other 4-5 midfielders.

Total-Football

yes. he looked dead slow yesterday and he aint no longer swift as he used to be. i still i would pick up an arthritic iniesta over the 3 dead horses.

El Flaco

Awful performance vs. Juventus today.

Sadly, I think Iniesta is more or less finished at the highest level nowadays.

Home of Barca Fans