Andy Carroll

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Andy Carroll has the potential to be an absolute monster of a CF, but it won't happen at Liverpool.

the team is geared to play fast high-pressure football on the deck led by Suarez, Kuyt and Lucas. even Chunky Adam is getting in on the act ffs! Carroll sticks out like a sore thumb, and also means they have to either play Kuyt wide or not play him at all. and taking Kuyt off the front-line with Suarez makes them less potent in the final third.

Gerrard is a similar square peg, but they'll force him into the side because he's a Scouse Hero.

I wish they'd have left him at Newcastle. or that Newcastle had sold him to a team that plays on the wings and has great crossers in the side (United? QPR?)

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Yes but relying on one system doesn't do much good.

Sometimes one system doesn't work and you need a different tactic and I think Carroll, in time, can provide that.

Bergkamp10

Exclusive Andy Carroll footage

abd-03.gif

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Liverpool disappointed as FA hand Andy Carroll eight-match run in Liverpool side

Liverpool fans have revealed their disappointment after the Football Association handed Andy Carroll an eight-match run in the starting eleven because Luis Suarez was found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United’s Patrice Evra.

Carroll, who cost the club around ten times his actual value, has made the majority of his appearances from the subs bench, but with Suarez suspended he could be handed the opportunity to be completely ineffectual right from the start of the next eight fixtures.

The club, who currently sit sixth in the Premier League, released a statement expressing their disappointment with the FA’s decision.

“Liverpool Football Club is very surprised and disappointed with the decision of the Football Association commission to allow Andy Carroll such a large amount of time on the pitch.”

“Kenny likes to use Andy as a non-impact sub, but this unprecedented decision could see games passing Andy by for the full ninety minutes, rather than just the last fifteen.”
Luis Suarez banned

Critics of the decision have insisted that being forced to play Andy Carroll for what could amount to two months is a punishment that simply does not fit the crime.

“It’s not like Suarez killed anyone, is it? If he had, I could sort of understand such draconian measures,” said fan Simon Matthews.

The club are currently considering an appeal, but are wary of further sanctions after rumours appeared suggesting a lost appeal could result in the FA forcing the club to re-sign David N’Gog or Emily Heskey and play them instead.

A PFA spokesperson said they were pleased with the result of the commission, and claimed it moved them one step closer to their goal of all footballer abuse being directly related to nothing other than their utterly detestable personalities.

http://newsthump.com/2011/12/21/liv...dy-carroll-eight-match-run-in-liverpool-side/

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Banana-Rama

Yes but relying on one system doesn't do much good.

Sometimes one system doesn't work and you need a different tactic and I think Carroll, in time, can provide that.

this idea of needing a plan b in the form of a big man is a bit of a myth really, when was the last time man united had a big man striker, i can't remember us ever having one of those in recent years, if you have a succesful way of playing and good players that fit into it then whats the point having a striker sitting on the bench who is the complete polar opposite of your style of play just for the sake of a plan b, you don't see barcelona signing crouch or zigic for a plan b, in any case centre backs these days are such monsters that the style of play of peppering the box with crosses for a big man doesn't really work anymore, not against good teams anyway, if there is 10 minutes to go in a game desperate for a goal and you want to bombard the box with aerial balls can't you just put one of your centre backs up there.............

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Liverpool disappointed as FA hand Andy Carroll eight-match run in Liverpool side

Liverpool fans have revealed their disappointment after the Football Association handed Andy Carroll an eight-match run in the starting eleven because Luis Suarez was found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United’s Patrice Evra.

Carroll, who cost the club around ten times his actual value, has made the majority of his appearances from the subs bench, but with Suarez suspended he could be handed the opportunity to be completely ineffectual right from the start of the next eight fixtures.

The club, who currently sit sixth in the Premier League, released a statement expressing their disappointment with the FA’s decision.

“Liverpool Football Club is very surprised and disappointed with the decision of the Football Association commission to allow Andy Carroll such a large amount of time on the pitch.”

“Kenny likes to use Andy as a non-impact sub, but this unprecedented decision could see games passing Andy by for the full ninety minutes, rather than just the last fifteen.”
Luis Suarez banned

Critics of the decision have insisted that being forced to play Andy Carroll for what could amount to two months is a punishment that simply does not fit the crime.

“It’s not like Suarez killed anyone, is it? If he had, I could sort of understand such draconian measures,” said fan Simon Matthews.

The club are currently considering an appeal, but are wary of further sanctions after rumours appeared suggesting a lost appeal could result in the FA forcing the club to re-sign David N’Gog or Emily Heskey and play them instead.

A PFA spokesperson said they were pleased with the result of the commission, and claimed it moved them one step closer to their goal of all footballer abuse being directly related to nothing other than their utterly detestable personalities.

http://newsthump.com/2011/12/21/liv...dy-carroll-eight-match-run-in-liverpool-side/

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:worthy:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
this idea of needing a plan b in the form of a big man is a bit of a myth really, when was the last time united had a big man striker, i can't remember us ever having one of those in recent years, centre backs these days are such monsters that the style of play of peppering the box with crosses for a big man doesn't really work anymore, not against good teams anyway, if there is 10 minutes to go in a game desperate for a goal and you want to bombard the box with aerial balls can't you just put one of your centre backs up there.............

RvN :)
But in all fairness, he was very mobile for his size

Banana-Rama

RvN :)
But in all fairness, he was very mobile for his size

i wouldn't call him a target man type, he was good at holding the ball up but as you say he was also very mobile and the majority of his goals came with his feet and not from headers, he was more of a goal poacher then a target man.............

Home of Barca Fans