Andy Carroll

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
this idea of needing a plan b in the form of a big man is a bit of a myth really, when was the last time man united had a big man striker, i can't remember us ever having one of those in recent years, if you have a succesful way of playing and good players that fit into it then whats the point having a striker sitting on the bench who is the complete polar opposite of your style of play just for the sake of a plan b, you don't see barcelona signing crouch or zigic for a plan b, in any case centre backs these days are such monsters that the style of play of peppering the box with crosses for a big man doesn't really work anymore, not against good teams anyway, if there is 10 minutes to go in a game desperate for a goal and you want to bombard the box with aerial balls can't you just put one of your centre backs up there.............

370px-Henrik_Larsson.jpg

Sewelly

he was 5 foot 10 but he certainly was a target man.

not all target men have to be big useless lumps.

Banana described a 'big man that is polar opposite to the team's style of play'. Even if you do class Larsson as a target man, I really don't think that describes Larsson at Barcelona.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
he was 5 foot 10 but he certainly was a target man.

not all target men have to be big useless lumps.

I think a lot of people remember him when he was played on the right side, as a utility player but if there is a target man out there is it is Larsson. But like you say, he isn't just a fucking post with tied shoe laces out there, this guy was actually for real.

Anyways, why have you turned against Andy?

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I think a lot of us here forget that the kid doesn't even want to play for Liverpool, I mean he was minding his own business doing his own thing with the (very) few attributes he was gifted with. Then some douche bag comes in and pushes him out of the club and sends him elsewhere without much thought or consultation. I mean if someone walks on me in the middle of the night and tells me, Raed we are moving to say...Milan/London/New York/Chicago/Dubai/ I'd be shocked, scared but at least some what excited. This kid, was moved to Liverpool, that is like me getting that job in sadberry.

I am going to stick my neck out and say he isn't a bad footballer, he is doing this on purpose. Watch Man U buy him for 10 million and turn him into an another Larsson.

B

barcelonista

Attacking players which cost less than Andy Caroll:

David Villa
Alexis Sanchez
Cesc Fabregas
Karim Benzema
Gonzalo Higuain
Angel Di Maria
David Silva

:lol:

Home of Barca Fans