Ángel Di María

anguy

Where would he play? CM, CAM, LW? We can't have him rotating with Neymar or Messi, especially if we have Pedro as rotation/sub. He can play CM, but I'm uncertain how much he'll fit our team in that role.

Exactly the same position as in RM under Ancelotti, that means LAM. He's AM, but compared to other AMs he has tremendous work rate and contributes to defense, so he would fit LE style IMO. He could move to LW when Neymar cuts inside to provide width instead of Alba and is good enough passer to provide support through the middle.

And give him another year under LVG and United will be happy to sell him for 50 mil.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

There is no way Di Maria at CM would work at Barca.

At Real it worked at times because Ronaldo never really wanted the ball out wide so when Real were in possession Di Maria would take the width and Ronaldo would go central.

Di Maria would then try to cross the ball in to Ronaldo, Benzema and even Bale. All good in the air.

At Barca Neymar takes the ball wide and there is more need for possession and passing rather than someone on the wing to cross the ball.

L

linetty

Why'd you want this rat face here? I struggle to find any reasons.

One player from Man Utd I'd like to see at Barca is probably DDG and to a lesser extent Herrera.

anguy

At Real it worked at times because Ronaldo never really wanted the ball out wide so when Real were in possession Di Maria would take the width and Ronaldo would go central.

Di Maria would then try to cross the ball in to Ronaldo, Benzema and even Bale. All good in the air.

At Barca Neymar takes the ball wide and there is more need for possession and passing rather than someone on the wing to cross the ball.

Neymar cuts inside a lot. He'd do it even more often if he had someone like DiMaria behind him. Now Alba is the one who provides those overlapping runs, when he goes inside and that forces our LM to cover up for him. There are 2 solutions for this - let Alba continue his runs and buy some LCM who is good in defense and willing to do it, or buy Di Maria who will be able to do what Alba does today (or they could alternate 50/50 in this role to provide more tactical flexibility and unpredictability).

Why'd you want this rat face here? I struggle to find any reasons.

He's too good to not attempt to sign and still young. Herrera is other option for us (in case Verratti doesn't come). Another misused player in Manchester.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

He's struggling at the moment isn't he? It seems he's demotivated and rather despondent. He's a great player but there is not much else at United besides him.

He's been good in 2015 so far. Not 13-14 RM/first four weeks at UTD good, but looking more and more like the English-record signing that he is. Really impressive considering:

- Burnt out from 12 months non-stop football
- Injuries
- Mental fatigue
- House broken into
- New league
- LVG's changing systems/formation

oggydude

Yesterday's game by ADM was terrible he got into dangerous positions and then his decision making just flopped. It seems we have just brought another Nani, extremely talented confidence player who can be amazing against the best to being the worst player on the pitch against the worst.

JamDav1982

Watched some of the game when Barca stream went down.

Di Maria was really poor but LVG isnt helping him at all. No midfielders giving the ball early and no pace/movement whatsoever on front of him.

To get the best out of Di Maria you need to get the ball quicker to him and play him on the left with more pacey forwards.

Harsh sub by LVG. I don't understand taking 1 of only 2 players who are creative enough to get the side going (the other is Herrera), but Januzaj played his best game all season long in the second half so I guess it worked out well for them in the end.

I don't think he was playing as bad as some people thought he did, although he did take a step back these past two games after starting 2015 well. He'll come through when United needs him most. People forgot how Silva, Evra, Vidic, Suarez and Ronaldo had an up-and-down first year in the PL. These things take time.

Home of Barca Fans