Ángel Di María

Morten

Di Maria's best is easily better than Nani's best, it's not even close... :lol:

People laugh about Nani now, but go back 4 years, most teams would have wanted him. He was at one point a worldclass winger, i dont think Di Marias best is much better than Nanis at his best, really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mVP6EMGt_o vs Man City

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrFMnMGxY1k vs Liverpool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMUiWJsFS8 vs Tottenham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwCaLe2ymSM vs Chelsea

Nani was taking apart the biggest of clubs at his peak. His performances just drastically dropped after 2 high level seasons partly because of lack of playing time and of course injury problems. He's a better winger than Di Maria for me when in form. People forget Di Maria was largely inconsistent before that 3/4 month spell of good form as an auxiliary CM under Ancelotti.

Last edited:

This thread has taken an interesting turn. I can understand why you'd want to diss ADM, but to talk about Nani like he's prime Giggs? :lol:

If "most teams would have wanted him" 4 years ago, where were the 40M bids from the likes of Real, Barca, City and Chelsea? Where were the impassioned rants from Fergie saying xxxx club can piss off because Nani was untouchable? He only became world class to the eyes of most people when he was sent off on loan :lol:

Morten

This thread has taken an interesting turn. I can understand why you'd want to diss ADM, but to talk about Nani like he's prime Giggs? :lol:

If "most teams would have wanted him" 4 years ago, where were the 40M bids from the likes of Real, Barca, City and Chelsea? Where were the impassioned rants from Fergie saying xxxx club can piss off because Nani was untouchable? He only became world class to the eyes of most people when he was sent off on loan :lol:

Cant speak for the other clubs, but Real was stacked, no need for another one. But that is often the case with us, maybe he wasnt pretty enough. Anyways, not many players wanted to leave United with Fergie there. Except for Ronaldo i think most big players he has sold were ones which he had a dispute with.

If you had watched the actual game, you'd know he was the only one who offered something going forward. He was a threat all over and you can sense that he's about to make something happen when he had the ball. That seems to be the consensus on Redcafe as well, a site that's pretty hard on ADM.

Cant speak for the other clubs, but Real was stacked, no need for another one. But that is often the case with us, maybe he wasnt pretty enough. Anyways, not many players wanted to leave United with Fergie there. Except for Ronaldo i think most big players he has sold were ones which he had a dispute with.

Not many players wanted to leave United, but weren't they paying off the Glazers' loan with their transfers from 07-12? Their was a lot of dissent among fans from that era as they felt like the Glazers were merely leaching money off the club's name. I could be wrong though, didn't really follow them that much after Keane retired.

Last edited:

BenRobbins

Those Video's :cry::cry:

When we were good and didn't play the most boring brand of football i have ever seen.

Please come back Fergehhhhhhhhhh

DrPepper

Seriously? Comparing Di Maria to Nani, one of the most overrated and overhyped footballers in recent years?

The only world class quality that Nani had was to consistently make bad decisions. Have acres of space for a direct run or dribble? Pass the ball to a teammate who is outnumbered and marked. See a teammate decently positioned so he can have a clear shot at goal? Go for some useless tricks and dribbles.

One of the most frustrating footballers ever to watch really. Just because he scored some long shot goals doesn't mean he was any good. He wanted to be CR7 v2 but massively failed to do so.

Jenks

If you had watched the actual game, you'd know he was the only one who offered something going forward. He was a threat all over and you can sense that he's about to make something happen when he had the ball. That seems to be the consensus on Redcafe as well, a site that's pretty hard on ADM.

I did watch the game, and if that's him being 'world class' then he was an outrageous waste of money.

Home of Barca Fans