Ángel Di María

Howes

He didn't play at all badly, actually one of his better games for Utd. The sending off is going to be all people remeber that game for, but his overall play showed some encouragement.

BenRobbins

He didn't play at all badly, actually one of his better games for Utd. The sending off is going to be all people remeber that game for, but his overall play showed some encouragement.

I thought he was probably the most dangerous player on the pitch. He makes things happen most of the time but due to his high risk game he is obviously going to give the ball away frequently.

Not every attack went though him at Real like it does United therefor he will give the ball away more and people will notice it.

I did watch the game, and if that's him being 'world class' then he was an outrageous waste of money.

Your posts suggest that you only tracked the game on twitter and looked up the stats :lucho:

United overpaid for him, not Di Maria's fault that your club can't negotiate for shit :lol:

He was BANTER bar one cross that led to a goal, if that's world class these days then holy moly!

Blinded by stats. Apparently some people are convinced that you need a brace/hat trick of goals/assists in order to be good :lucho:

I thought he was probably the most dangerous player on the pitch. He makes things happen most of the time but due to his high risk game he is obviously going to give the ball away frequently.

Not every attack went though him at Real like it does United therefor he will give the ball away more and people will notice it.

+1

L

linetty

That's the reason why he's not world class. He's the focal point of the team and they struggle... He excels when he isn't responsible and can run like a headless chicken all over the pitch, sort of like at Argentina where Messi gets it all on his shoulders.

And it's got nothing to do with stats... it's a problem of people like you throwing around this 'world class' term

I

instinct

According to several people Suarez didn't prove his world class in La Liga until a few weeks ago but still everyone knows that he is the best striker in the world. Of course Suarez and Di Maria are different players but the principle is the same. I remember Di Maria being incredible in the first games of the season. After that Manu's overall level has massively droped. Can't expect Di Maria to save their asses in every game. (that said, his individual level was poor in those games)
There are many factors we should consider before judging his class including the team performance, how happy he is in Manchester etc.
To me, he proved his class for several years now and I have absolutely no doubt that his recent form is a short low in his otherwise great career.

Darko

he wasn't even close to di maria

You don't know what you're talking about, Di Maria may have demolished us in the Clasico and had a few youtube worthy games, but Modric was consistent and controlled the tempo without ever losing the ball, last season he was the closest thing to prime Xavi I have ever seen.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Only player to come close to xavi is pirlo imo, they are on another level. Scholes was very good too but a bit behind those two i reckon.

Big fan of modric though.

Bucky

Penya Member
Doing the rounds and I've seen it posted a few times now but Pedro has been mentioned in a "tempt" to lure Di Maria back to La Liga involved in a 40m + Pedro swap.

Having not paid too much attention to him a part from the WC, I was impressed with his performance at the WC a part from those stupid times he was trying to show off when they, Argentina, really needed to score.

The guy has some skill and he was incredible at the start of the PL but rightly so, Man U have been really off and you can't expect Di Maria to clutch all day long.

There's a lot of speculation about midfielders coming in. All that matters is we get the right replacements in as Xavi is clearly on his last legs (something we all knew before going into this season) and talk again of him going to the MLS in the summer.

Home of Barca Fans