Antoine Griezmann

BBZ8800

A fun fact:
in 3 matches till now, while Griezmann was a No9 for us:
= we scored 0 goals
= and had barely any chances created

Griezz is not dangerous as an aerial strength (except against us, since we are the shortest team ever, of course).
He is quite slowish or average at best for an attacker (in terms of pace).
He can't dribble.
He is not offering any presence in the box and is moving around the box all the time.

He is some sort of a creative 2nd striker who is good in passes and 1-2s.

I am not saying that he is a bad player.
But for now, I think that he could be insanely shit as our no9.

Even the worst days of Suarez as a No9 are currently miles better than what Griezz could offer as No9.

Also, fans would move Suarez from a lineup so that Dembele and Griezz could play.
Griezz can't do anything as a pure No9.
And Dumbele has lost 6 or 7 simple balls in the first half.

All of that paired with another fan's favorite Semedo who is braindead once when he enters into an attacking half.
But let's blame only EV for everything and not these limited (or out of position) players.

cro-man

Another complicated player who we need to discover where to play him to make him work:lol: Wouldnt be surprised to see a coutinho story again. Also take in account that a trainer like klopp and simione can get the best out of a player and valverde the worst so...

Hardy

buying player that doesn't need to adapt in a certain spot is too smart for this board. what I see is what exactly I expected

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It has been said times and times again that Griezmann is not a number 9. How he coexists with Messi and Suarez will decide how he will turn out for us.

Gnidrologist

All of that paired with another fan's favorite Semedo who is braindead once when he enters into an attacking half.
But let's blame only EV for everything and not these limited (or out of position) players.
Yeah, somehow everybody sans Messi becomes brainded and limited with this dunce on the bench.

mc_lovin

His future as a 9 will depend on hs connection with Messi. Right now it looks like he will be, maybe rightfully, wasted as a right winger.

kattanib

A fun fact:
in 3 matches till now, while Griezmann was a No9 for us:
= we scored 0 goals
= and had barely any chances created

Griezz is not dangerous as an aerial strength (except against us, since we are the shortest team ever, of course).
He is quite slowish or average at best for an attacker (in terms of pace).
He can't dribble.
He is not offering any presence in the box and is moving around the box all the time.

He is some sort of a creative 2nd striker who is good in passes and 1-2s.

I am not saying that he is a bad player.
But for now, I think that he could be insanely shit as our no9.

Even the worst days of Suarez as a No9 are currently miles better than what Griezz could offer as No9.

Also, fans would move Suarez from a lineup so that Dembele and Griezz could play.
Griezz can't do anything as a pure No9.
And Dumbele has lost 6 or 7 simple balls in the first half.

Honestly, if we are to play as we played in the first half today, I would think Griezman would shine playing in Dembele’s or Puig’s positions.. not a no9

Having Messi in the field will be a different story .. it could be that we play with a winger and two fluid strikers (Messi and Griezman), or Griezman can be the winger/3rd striker on the left flank .. or Messi might fall back to CAM with Griezman as RS and Suarez as a LCF

It takes a great manager to find the good mix which I don’t trust we have .. that is my main concern. As we saw today, the combo of the trio midfield in the first half were amazing but I doubt EV realize how balanced they were and we will rarely see something similar (a CDM that moves a lot, a holding CM and a creative CAM with high defensive work)

EdmondDantes

Poor game by Antoine.

I hope he doesn't do a Coutinho. We need him to transition from Suarez being a starter every game. It's time.

PhilS

At least he is getting in shape. Even for him, might take awhile to acclimate to this team. He's going to face lots of competition for playing time, it will be interesting to see how the rotation of forwards will play out. Coutinho will be in the mix, also.

Home of Barca Fans