Antoine Griezmann

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Cut Griezmann some slack. That miss was horrible but we got lucky, so fuck it. The way he played the last weeks he deserves a pass right now.
His stamina is straight up ridiculous and we can always count on him while the whole team is riddled with injuries.

Laplacian

Cut Griezmann some slack. That miss was horrible but we got lucky, so fuck it. The way he played the last weeks he deserves a pass right now.
His stamina is straight up ridiculous and we can always count on him while the whole team is riddled with injuries.

We took a bank loan of 120m to pay his release clause.
He's paid 600k euros a week.

Dude, if all the praise you can muster for a gal?ctico forward is "nice stamina and doesn't get injured i guess" then we have a serious issue here. Seriously, can you not understand why so many people are frustrated with him and want him out as soon as possible? He disappears throughout the match, except for when he drops deep to play a quick backpass to make himself look involved, is scared to make runs into the box when our forwards are looking to provide service to someone, fucking misses tons of chances throughout the season, and it's not like he can provide dribbling or playmaking when he's not scoring despite being a forward. He's a tactically useless forward. A waste of space. Literally seems more comfortable with defending than he is with fucking striking the ball.

No I'm not going to cut him some slack. Needs to do us all a favor and fuck off from this club in the summer.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I am talking about the one situation today.
I know that his deal was bad and his overall contribution since he has been here is not enough.

But we live in the present. The present is Barca competing for Copa del Rey and 2nd place in the league and Griezmann is the reason we are still in the Copa so I will cut him some slack today for a stupid miss vs Betis that turned into a goal anyway because he got lucky.

JohnN

He played his supposed "best position" in the first half, in the absence of Messi. The midfield trio might not have been the best, but he was nowhere to be found creating wise. That miss was also classic griezmann, bit luck was on our side.
He has played better genes lately.

Bobo32

Except one good pass to Messi completely invisible, how bad can you be ?!

He was not invisible, I saw him.
To say someone is invisible is admitting ypu do not watch, or only watch the ball.
He has the reputation of being a 'smart' player, but I think he is one of the worst players I've seen in Barcelona in terms of decisions, off the ball movement, and positioning.
Maybe he can follow Koemans instruction to pin the defence, and he is decent enough to try to help defensively and to try to run - but he always meet the ball when he should stay, and he goes behind when he should meet. He is a very confused player, and technically, he is one of the sloppiest as well. He does not offer any speed, either.

BusiTheKing

It just doesn't work. Often when we get a break and are able to go forward, we set out in a formation with zero attackers. It's so easy for the opponent to crowd us in the midfield because we don't push them back and we don't stretch them out.

We're somehow the only team in the world that attacks from behind the player with the ball.

pregra

Gutless performance, all he did was jog around and play backpasses as soon as he got it. Even managed to feck up most of those.

FCBfan22

As I said in the Dembele topic... We won't go trophyless because of the attack this year. It's the horrible defense.

Invisible, but... Commenting on his performance makes no difference, since we are completely shite at the back.

BusiTheKing

He's only ever been good for us in the center. When him and Messi switch back and forth between 9 and 10. On the wing he's been useless literally every game he's played.

Home of Barca Fans