Antoine Griezmann

malvolio

As I said in the Dembele topic... We won't go trophyless because of the attack this year. It's the horrible defense.

Invisible, but... Commenting on his performance makes no difference, since we are completely shite at the back.

doesn't work like that mate. if you're a team that has balls and plays football, you go on and score more than them. we are toothless, with messi being on or off.

thing is we cannot count on this buffoon in any important game. he just disappears.

FCBfan22

doesn't work like that mate. if you're a team that has balls and plays football, you go on and score more than them. we are toothless, with messi being on or off.

thing is we cannot count on this buffoon in any important game. he just disappears.

If you leak goals from 60% of our opponent's chances, it does.

We don't have Xaviesta midfield anymore to control the game and create endless chances. We don't have prime MSN. We are a regular club now. And everything starts from the back. And without Araujo, there is nothing.

malvolio

If you leak goals from 60% of our opponent's chances, it does.

We don't have Xaviesta midfield anymore to control the game and create endless chances. We don't have prime MSN. We are a regular club now. And everything starts from the back. And without Araujo, there is nothing.

so what you are saying is that we are shit overall. which for me is fine. as i think midfield is shite also.

but still, we are playing with 3 attackers and only one of them is threatening. sevilla let us play tonight, we had opportunities to go forward and do something.

Bobo32

Either that, or you keep the ball and win 1-0 or 2-0. That is impossible with Griezmann (and Dembele to a larger part)
I posted the video with his touches after his "success" game the other day. It was 90% backwards passes and 10% missed passes (leading to counters) until the 88th minute. Well, today he did not recieve a great pass and he did not put it in the bar into the calf of the goalie and into the net - he was just rubbish.

FCBfan22

so what you are saying is that we are shit overall. which for me is fine. as i think midfield is shite also.

but still, we are playing with 3 attackers and only one of them is threatening. sevilla let us play tonight, we had opportunities to go forward and do something.

That's exactly what I'm saying. But the main problem is the defense. Which is exceptionally shite. And we can't hide it with midfield or outscoring opponents anymore. And football has changed.

malvolio

Either that, or you keep the ball and win 1-0 or 2-0. That is impossible with Griezmann (and Dembele to a larger part)
I posted the video with his touches after his "success" game the other day. It was 90% backwards passes and 10% missed passes (leading to counters) until the 88th minute. Well, today he did not recieve a great pass and he did not put it in the bar into the calf of the goalie and into the net - he was just rubbish.

keeping the ball is also on the midfield. right now we have an erratic style of play.

griezmann, as i've said many times, is the biggest fraud in football. scores some goals against shit teams or in games that don't mean anything and then does nothing for the rest of the season.

JamDav1982

keeping the ball is also on the midfield. right now we have an erratic style of play.

griezmann, as i've said many times, is the biggest fraud in football. scores some goals against shit teams or in games that don't mean anything and then does nothing for the rest of the season.

Yet he had the on moment of quality from any Barca player tonight that created best chance of game.

Asked you a few times and you always avoid it... who are the 'big teams' that players should be judged on this season?

FCBfan22

If you have 1 CB that can't run for shit and another that makes 2-3 stupid beginner's mistakes per game and you need to start one, you simply can't win. Add a LB who can't defend crosses for shit. And a slow, useless CDM that can't jump. No matter what you do up front. Except maybe prime MSN. Or Xavi who can keep posession for 30 minutes and create numerous chances during that.

But we are light years from either.

Bobo32

This is true.
Midfield and attack should work together though, and the front three are all very erratic as well, much more than the midfield (who are also too erratic and fluid).

We all quite like like this way of playing when facing worse opposition - when Barcelonas worst player is still worth more than their best player - then it can look great and fun, but against better sides it works sometimes and sometimes not, and even when it does not work Messi can save the day most of the time.

Laplacian

Okay, now that the out of position argument no longer works we've moved on to blaming his ineffectiveness on the team. So much fucking cope lol. My suggestion, just place him in Jordi Alba's position at LB since he loves defending so much. He's genuinely scared of driving the ball forward, moving into the box, dribbling, and shooting; basically anything you associated a forward with he's allergic to. No idea why we're busting our heads off with trying to replace a CB or LB, just place him there. He loves it. He'll be more useful there than he is up front.

Bobo32

Okay, now that the out of position argument no longer works we've moved on to blaming his ineffectiveness on the team. So much fucking cope lol. My suggestion, just place him in Jordi Alba's position at LB since he loves defending so much. He's genuinely scared of driving the ball forward, moving into the box, dribbling, and shooting; basically anything you associated a forward with he's allergic to. No idea why we're busting our heads off with trying to replace a CB or LB, just place him there. He loves it. He'll be more useful there than he is up front.

Nah not LB, Alba is fine.
I have thought about putting him at RB though, but I don't think he'd manage really.

Home of Barca Fans