Arda Turan

Dado

Arda was the one who cased the red card for Ramos got (should've been sent off way earlier) thanks to his run and made indeed a good pass to Suárez.

Unfortunaly, the latter couldn't control the ball once the Uruguayan received it.

Having said that, Roberto should've been subbed on for Rakitic.

Roberto on for Suarez and Turan on for Neymar. THAT would have made an impact.

4-4-2 with Turan and Messi as strikers.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Yeah blame Arda for the loss lol. But on another note, he looks lost and I don't really like what I've seen so far - shipping him off in the summer would be a stupid move imo, but Lucho better have some ideas on how to use him better.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I can see why Lucho gambled on subbing in Arda.

I don't. Our midfield wasn't working - it's like Lucho decided we should just skip having any build-up in the midfield and just kick the ball to MSN as freaking fast as possible. Total opposite of Pep-Barca. Than all of a sudden Lucho throws Arda in, Arda who hasn't played a single good game for us since he arrived? And what, he thinks he will turn things around out of the blue? Sorry to say this, but Arda just runs around chasing the ball like a dog chasing a tennis ball - no positioning, no discipline, no tactical awareness etc. I can see he really makes and effort, but it just isn't there. But I don't only blame Arda - Lucho should use him better, Lucho should use our midfield better.

Alik

I don't. Our midfield wasn't working - it's like Lucho decided we should just skip having any build-up in the midfield and just kick the ball to MSN as freaking fast as possible. Total opposite of Pep-Barca. Than all of a sudden Lucho throws Arda in, Arda who hasn't played a single good game for us since he arrived? And what, he thinks he will turn things around out of the blue? Sorry to say this, but Arda just runs around chasing the ball like a dog chasing a tennis ball - no positioning, no discipline, no tactical awareness etc. I can see he really makes and effort, but it just isn't there. But I don't only blame Arda - Lucho should use him better, Lucho should use our midfield better.

Although Roberto has been playing a great season, I am not sure he would have had the impact to change the scoreline. The team might play better with him on, but he isn't one to be directly involved in the goals.

Whilst Turan has been the other way around. He might have played poorly, but has had an impact in the scorelines of the few matches he played in.

It was a gamble.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Results aside, not blaming him for the loss as I could see it happening before he was subbed on, but still another weak performance by Arda..

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Lucho wanted to sign Arda as a competitor to Rakitic then he really miscalculated it.....

Noname

Banned
This is absurd. Arda was probably the best of the worst in the last 15 minutes. He didn't make a single mistake and 50% percent of the time he passed deep and dribbled straight. Thanks to him Ramos saw the red card. Noone could save Barca from the last 15 at that moment.

It's funny that in the Villareal match it was 2-0 before Arda subbed out around 60. It quickly became to 2-2 and he was still blamed. Now he's blamed for the opposite. He's got 2 goals 4 assists in 700 minutes as a CM in a completely different system while he's actually an AM or LW-LAM.

BTW how's Iniesta doing? Living in the past?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This is absurd. Arda was probably the best of the worst in the last 15 minutes. He didn't make a single mistake and 50% percent of the time he passed deep and dribbled straight. Thanks to him Ramos saw the red card. Noone could save Barca from the last 15 at that moment.

It's funny that in the Villareal match it was 2-0 before Arda subbed out around 60. It quickly became to 2-2 and he was still blamed. Now he's blamed for the opposite. He's got 2 goals 4 assists in 700 minutes as a CM in a completely different system while he's actually an AM or LW-LAM.

BTW how's Iniesta doing? Living in the past?

Iniesta is actually doing well this season. A couple of years older, but 10000000x the player Arda is and ever will be. That's not to say Arda should be blamed for today, but he's hardly been spectacular so far for us. Still got these couple of months and the next season to prove himself though.

It's not very smart to try and diss a player like Iniesta(one of the best MF's of all time btw) who's been one of our best this season, just because people are criticizing Arda.

Last edited:

Qqqq

At ease, Arda.

His work rate is - at the very least - unimpressive, and he wasn't what we needed today.

khaled_a_d

The thing is with Arda ,he truly opened our right side . Rakitic tracked back way more and took some pressure from Alves while with Arda it was Alves vs Cr7 and most RM attacks started there .
There was a lot of RM counterattacks that when the camera zoomed wide,Arda was just walking/watching the play
I can get that he isn't yet able to adapt the sophisticated way we play the game ,but not putting the most effort when you are the most rested player is just something I can't accept tbh
He hasn't yet made an impact in our build up play and he is more and more look like a liability defensively too.
I will give him time (what other option we have really) but so far he is huge dissapointment

Home of Barca Fans