Arda Turan

God Serena

This is absurd. Arda was probably the best of the worst in the last 15 minutes. He didn't make a single mistake and 50% percent of the time he passed deep and dribbled straight. Thanks to him Ramos saw the red card. Noone could save Barca from the last 15 at that moment.

-Not making mistakes doesn't mean you aren't being useless.
-Ramos should have had two red cards by the time he actually got sent off, it was just a matter of when the ref would decide to do it.
-He didn't save us but he didn't do Jack's hit to even contribute a little bit in a situation where Roberto would have.

It's funny that in the Villareal match it was 2-0 before Arda subbed out around 60. It quickly became to 2-2 and he was still blamed. Now he's blamed for the opposite. He's got 2 goals 4 assists in 700 minutes as a CM in a completely different system while he's actually an AM or LW-LAM.

He had no effect on the 2-0 and was mostly anonymous. That's why people didn't like him. Just like how he was useless after coming on today when we needed an impact sub. It has been stated numerous times in this thread that the loss is not his fault, but that doesn't mean he isn't fucking garbage.

BTW how's Iniesta doing? Living in the past?

You mean our captain and arguably (Along with Busquets) our best midfielder? He's doing just fine, actually. He's a million times the player Turan is, who's only defense is "He was great with Atletico", which ironically is living in the past.

You Arda fanboys registering here just to argue for Turan is getting almost as tired as Arda when he realizes he needs to run and chooses not to.

Sorin

Is isn't Arda's fault that he can't impact a match for us. It's mostly on the board and Lucho.

First of all, Arda thrived at AM when he was mostly used as an attacking winger on either side of the pitch, backed by a rock solid mid and defense. He used to defend there but it's easier at AM than Barcelona because, at AM, the whole team is drilled in that way. He was bought to fill in for Rakitic when he never played that role for AM. It's not fair on him to criticize him for not being able to do what Rakitic does.

Secondly, seeing that he hasn't made an impact whenever brought on in Rakitic's place, Enrique still continues with this nonsense. IMO he is the most to blame for this situation. He's the one that probably insisted for Arda to be bought and he's the one that continues to use him in a wrong role despite having fuck all impact. He has totally miscalculated what the turk's capable of.

Having said all that, Arda is one lazy ass himself. One is not being able defend well but another thing is to completely day dream when 5 meters away from the ball. There was a point when both Benzema and Ronaldo were driving at Alves and Arda was right there. Not one lick of intent to close down the space and double Alves. Match watching at its finest.

Narto

-Not making mistakes doesn't mean you aren't being useless.
-Ramos should have had two red cards by the time he actually got sent off, it was just a matter of when the ref would decide to do it.
-He didn't save us but he didn't do Jack's hit to even contribute a little bit in a situation where Roberto would have.

He had no effect on the 2-0 and was mostly anonymous. That's why people didn't like him. Just like how he was useless after coming on today when we needed an impact sub. It has been stated numerous times in this thread that the loss is not his fault, but that doesn't mean he isn't fucking garbage.

You mean our captain and arguably (Along with Busquets) our best midfielder? He's doing just fine, actually. He's a million times the player Turan is, who's only defense is "He was great with Atletico", which ironically is living in the past.

You Arda fanboys registering here just to argue for Turan is getting almost as tired as Arda when he realizes he needs to run and chooses not to.

Most of your arguments in this thread are pointless, as they are based on situations which have not been (for example that Roberto would have done any better, or that x and y would play better in his stead). I couldn't watch the game unfortunately, and Arda may have been one of the worse players on the pitch, but it is annoying at this point getting labeled a fanboy for defending a player, when most people doing it have written both negative and positive things about him.

Last edited:
J

Jamie Cal

When he came I said he wasn't an adequate replacement for Rak, but only Iniesta, and a lot of people pushed back because he played for battle-hardened Atletico. But his position play last night when he came on for Rak was absolutely awful. Real would break and you wouldn't see Arda in frame once. Let alone the team were fucked physically, he was the fresh legs we brought on, but his skillset cannot match Rakitic's and in a team with such delicate balance he kills that. The physique (and imo the attitude) aren't there. Sergi Roberto should of been the option for that, as he always should.

Narto

Well found a replay of the game.. Roberto should've been subbed on for Raki, and Arda for Iniesta. He did well in moving the ball forward in the limited amount of time he had it, and that would've been more effective in Iniesta's position. And with Roberto in Raki's position, that second goal might not have happened.

Keki

Almost whole team was out of touch yesterday , MSN was none existing , Real ( marcelo) was threatening our right last 30 minutes of the game with intent , they even got perfectly good goal wiped off , i think one of key mistake lucho made was last 15 minutes of the game Roberto should have come on for Raki and iniesta who looked knackered subbed for Arda, but putting whole games out come to a player ,specially one come on last 15 minutes of the game is nothing but looking for scapegoat.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
The Arda brigaaaaaaaade :lol:

ElDiaDespues video of LasPalmas game showed him in terrible light for me already, add to that his attitude yesterday, he's already in the red zone of my heart.

May be next season he'll show up.

Noname

Banned
[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] [MENTION=20420]God Serena[/MENTION]

Your defensive stand wasn't needed. I meant to criticize Iniesta's play in the last couple of matches, especially this match. I think Iniesta is one of the best MC's "ever" and Arda will never be at his caliber. But his play in the last games haven't been good enough. He's showing the signs of his age already. However, some people here turn blind eye on Iniesta's play in this match and make Arda the scapegoat. I used "living in the past" phrase for the reason that Iniesta hasn't been getting needed criticism and Arda was blamed for living in the past. This is not justice.

Also, I'm not an Arda fan. It's not even close. I don't like him personally and I don't consider him a €41M-player at this age for Barça. I don't like his playing style either. On the contrary I have been a fan of Messi and Iniesta for years.

Kohe321

What is worrying me is that he hasn't really gotten an intuitive understanding of how to position himself during matches yet. I feel he often jogs around and looks a bit lost. This was one of the things that clicked very quickly with Rakitic.

His poor positioning and movement is something that can suddenly turn around if he just suddenly "gets it" after enough games of course, but I'm starting to fear that there might be a clash of styles going on. He was great for Atletico, but in Lucho's system his impact in games is not even comparable. Which is surprising to me, when we signed him I thought he would fit perfectly...

Last edited:

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Arda is just a misfit for us, especially when he has to fill in for Rakitic. He looks clueless out of possession, and he doesn't have the stamina Rakitic and Sergi Roberto do. He's a decent sub for Iniesta at best. I wouldn't mind us selling him this summer, taking his age into account. He just doesn't fit well in our version of 4-3-3.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
All that money spent on him, just not right. Should've been put into our Pogba budget. Just thinking that he cost almost half of what a world-class youngster like Pogba, that we so desperately needs with our 29 year old average line-up, will be going for makes me want to throw up. Can't wait for us to renew this squad in a couple of years with our bad economy and the Espai Barca project going on. Milan 2.0 waiting to happen.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans