Arda Turan

Narto

lol He could easily apply pressure to Kroos who has turtle speed and isn't even sprinting but decides to stand off and casually jogs back. To top it all off he's still doing nothing when Marcelo receives the ball and enters his zone by cutting inside. :facepalm: Shocking for a player who wasn't even on the pitch for 10 mins. smh

Busquets is the one jogging back, he can't run towards Marcelo or he will just run past him, and you and I have very different definitions of "turtle speed".

Critisizing him for the second goal is fair, but for this one it is just ridiculous.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
And something else guys.
Don't forget that in neymar's first season he was really invisible and average, never dribbled anyone, always passing the ball back, the biggest concern at the time was him becoming another spineless ballboy for messi, another pedro.
One whole season of that.
So maybe give a break to turan and any other player who struggles to find his place in the team.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I was referring to trying to block the cross, which he just stood by and watched.

I can give him the benefit of the doubt for not fouling Kroos as he's been getting a lot of YC and was may be being cautious, but that last sequence where he just stands there without even an attempt to left a toe is shameful.

Narto

I was referring to trying to block the cross, which he just stood by and watched.

I can give him the benefit of the doubt for not fouling Kroos as he's been getting a lot of YC and was may be being cautious, but that last sequence where he just stands there without even an attempt to left a toe is shameful.

Alves was right next to Ronaldo, and he couldn't react fast enough, so how do you expect Arda to do anything? Or do you simply want him to show that he tries, even though it won't amount to anything?

DrPepper

Busquets is the one jogging back, he can't run towards Marcelo or he will just run past him, and you and I have very different definitions of "turtle speed".

Critisizing him for the second goal is fair, but for this one it is just ridiculous.

Difference is: Turan was on the pitch for 5 minutes while Busquets and Kroos started the match. And let's not pretend Kroos is some kind of speed merchant. He might be faster than Mertesacker or Alonso but he's still slow. Arda can easily get to him if he actually bothers. Or press Marcelo in the sequence afterwards. It doesn't even matter whether he's suited to playing the "Rakitic role" or not. This is basic stuff for a midfielder especially when you're renowned for being a hard-working player. Put, let's say, Sergi Roberto there and you'd expect him to do something there. I'm getting flashbacks of a certain Cesc Fabregas watching this tbh.

Vlom

Alves was right next to Ronaldo, and he couldn't react fast enough, so how do you expect Arda to do anything? Or do you simply want him to show that he tries, even though it won't amount to anything?

I don't want anything other than Arda and his fans to be happy :wub:

Fuck it if losing is the price to pay.

Narto

Difference is: Turan was on the pitch for 5 minutes while Busquets and Kroos started the match. And let's not pretend Kroos is some kind of speed merchant. He might be faster than Mertesacker or Alonso but he's still slow. Arda can easily get to him if he actually bothers. Or press Marcelo in the sequence afterwards. It doesn't even matter whether he's suited to playing the "Rakitic role" or not. This is basic stuff for a midfielder especially when you're renowned for being a hard-working player. Put, let's say, Sergi Roberto there and you'd expect him to do something there. I'm getting flashbacks of a certain Cesc Fabregas watching this tbh.

Well I disagree, but it doesn't seem like you will change your mind.

I don't want anything other than Arda and his fans to be happy :wub:

Fuck it if losing is the price to pay.

Yes yes let's blame every goal on him with bullshit arguments relying on him performing feats he is not capable of.

Vlom

Yes yes let's blame every goal on him with bullshit arguments relying on him performing feats he is not capable of.

You're right, he shouldn't even try to defend as it "won't amount to anything" and it's "a feat he is not capable of" ... lol

The Arda brigade eh, full on mate, full on :)

Narto

You're right, he shouldn't even try to defend as it "won't amount to anything" and it's "a feat he is not capable of" ... lol

So you think you can move 2-3 metres or whatever the distance was and raise your leg in a matter of a second while still considering reaction time? Barry Allen? The Flash' real identity is Arda Turan. But yes let him try and the result will still be the same.

Sniperr7

maybe someone should send munir and buy a better experienced forward.. lol. useless

Vlom

So you think you can move 2-3 metres or whatever the distance was and raise your leg in a matter of a second while still considering reaction time? Barry Allen? The Flash' real identity is Arda Turan. But yes let him try and the result will still be the same.

I know raising legs to try and block a cross is a very difficult thing to achieve, I will go right now wip myself for asking too much from a 40M€ signing!

Narto

I know raising legs to try and block a cross is a very difficult thing to achieve, I will go right now wip myself for asking too much from a 40M€ signing!

Again you ignore the fact that there is distance between them. That was the primary argument, but okay let's just ignore that.

Theoden

After i read this thread i have some strong Wiz Khalifa's words for Arda :)

It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again

Observer

Banned
I could keep going but, as I said, I'm at my wit's end. Noting that a player has no influence on the team is not blaming him for the loss. I don't know how many more times it needs to be said for you obvious Arda fanboys to get this through your heads.

¿? Arda fanboy for stating the obvious ¿?

I think you head is still stuck in there.

Home of Barca Fans