Arda Turan

Keki

When media is talking about large offer is mostly about what he'd earn there not what we'd get for him. ;) We won't get anywhere near to 50-60M and I wouldn't sell him for less than what we paid for him. It's better to give him another year to adapt and perform well for us.

What midfield problem are you talking about?

Yes, Cesc failed here and thankfully we get rid of him (still a season too late for me) but we did get a great player in Rakitic for cheap and we also developed Roberto and Rafinha (and still have some youngsters waiting for their opportunity). For Arda is still to early to judge him. Give him another season and I believe all doubters will be surprised about how good he will be in our team. If not, we can still sell him next season. With markets like China, Qatar and MLS he can get a good offer when he's 31 or 32.

About Isco thank Pep to prefer Cesc over him.

And about Thiago. He wanted to leave, what could we do? I don't care about players who don't want to be here. Oh, and he's also injury prone and Rafinha will have a better career than him so we kept the better of Alcantara brothers.

Totally agree

Cirre

Banned
I really don't get how to heck supporters of a club are wishing to sell their teams player who've played for the team only for 3 months. Like 3 freaking months! He haven't been disastrous and haven't caused the team any games or titles to be pissed off. He haven't shown anything else but love for the team and for it's players.

Sometimes I wonder if there is some non game issues that makes people have so much grudge against Arda.

LordLichtenstein

I really don't get how to heck supporters of a club are wishing to sell their teams player who've played for the team only for 3 months. Like 3 freaking months! He haven't been disastrous and haven't caused the team any games or titles to be pissed off. He haven't shown anything else but love for the team and for it's players.

Sometimes I wonder if there is some non game issues that makes people have so much grudge against Arda.
I have nothing against Arda, but if a Chinese team are willing to offer up towards €50-60 million for him, then it would be irresponsible NOT to take the offer.

barcafan161

it's money reasons...we can get somebody even better for 50-60 million and Turan is 30 years old or close to it. Be foolish to turn that amount of money down.

Altomonte

I think Arda Turan has a problem with referees - they seem to treat him worse than other Barça players. He gets YC's for nothing, needs to shake the reputation to be a dirty player. Physicality may be an essential part of his game, but he should work on holding back and not giving referees any opportunities to punish him. I think he deserves more time to fully adapt to Barça's style of play and to provide a few decisive assists and goals. At the very end of the Clasico, he almost became the hero but his shot was blocked.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
When media is talking about large offer is mostly about what he'd earn there not what we'd get for him. ;) We won't get anywhere near to 50-60M and I wouldn't sell him for less than what we paid for him. It's better to give him another year to adapt and perform well for us.

What midfield problem are you talking about?

Yes, Cesc failed here and thankfully we get rid of him (still a season too late for me) but we did get a great player in Rakitic for cheap and we also developed Roberto and Rafinha (and still have some youngsters waiting for their opportunity). For Arda is still to early to judge him. Give him another season and I believe all doubters will be surprised about how good he will be in our team. If not, we can still sell him next season. With markets like China, Qatar and MLS he can get a good offer when he's 31 or 32.

About Isco thank Pep to prefer Cesc over him.

And about Thiago. He wanted to leave, what could we do? I don't care about players who don't want to be here. Oh, and he's also injury prone and Rafinha will have a better career than him so we kept the better of Alcantara brothers.

You say that in "China, Qatar or MLS he can get a good offer when he's 31 or 32" - maybe he can, but I doubt we'll get much back of the 40M we paid for him. So what if he signs a 10M+ a year contract if we won't see any of that money?

Barcilliant

Lol what a fickle bunch we have here!

Arda has played Jan, Feb, Mar.

THREE frigging months and people want him out. Lol.

Rafinha, Denis, Samper are not ready. Neither is Kaptoum.

People talk about Pogba, Gundogan, Verratti etc but they're not coming to Barça.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Lol what a fickle bunch we have here!

Arda has played Jan, Feb, Mar.

THREE frigging months and people want him out. Lol.

Rafinha, Denis, Samper are not ready. Neither is Kaptoum.

People talk about Pogba, Gundogan, Verratti etc but they're not coming to Barça.

Fickle? Arda is 29 (or was it 28?) and played in Atletico in La Liga before, he should slip right in and imho he looks mostly lost. Paying 40M for a player his age and you're supposed to have the finished product, almost at least. I understand if we bought a 23 year old player from another league. And also, he trained with us since last summer - I get that playing real games is different than just training, but still. What I wanted to say, I don't think Arda and Barca as a good mix at the moment or in the future - we should just cut our loss and sell. If I'm wrong we all win though :lol:

Cirre

Banned
I really hate the state football is living now days. Money is too big of an issue. But a great club (as barca claim to be more than a club) shouldn't offload players for business sake and without real reason. Real reason for example is: player is horrible (Arda haven't been) or the club is on the brick of bankruptcy (barca is not). If we want to put business in front of everything, then why not selling players from who we could get astronomical money?

I would not love to support a team that brings new players and then offloads them in 6 months (unless there is a huge reason of course, like misbehaving etc.).

And yeah don't try that silly statement: "the club is more important than an individual player, so it doesn't matter if a club would practice this philosophy (bringing in new players and straight away get rid of them)". Im pretty sure none of us would support barca if their lining up is made up of 11 Douglas, lol. So yeah we keep supporting the team because it's made by individuals!

Last edited:

Messi983

First, you don't know. Second, Jackson Martinez went for around €40M and Alex Teixeira for around €50M, so I wouldn't put it past them.

Yes, I don't know for sure. But we are Barça. When was the last time we sell a player for over 50M and what makes you think we can get that for Arda? I doubt we could even sell Messi for more than 50M.

You say that in "China, Qatar or MLS he can get a good offer when he's 31 or 32" - maybe he can, but I doubt we'll get much back of the 40M we paid for him. So what if he signs a 10M+ a year contract if we won't see any of that money?

I just prefer to have him for another year and see how he plays next season. If he plays well we're ok and his value would also go up, if not we can still sell him next season for around 20M that is probably the most we'll get for him this summer anyway.

Of course, if there really will be an offer of 50-60M I would strongly consider it, but I just doubt it will ever happen.

BarçaBarça

Wow, what went wrong in this thread? Please stop insulting each other at that level.

It is an interesting topic, and I think it is possible to make arguments both for selling Arda and keeping him. I thought he was a little bit strange signing, but I'm leaning towards keeping him:
The idea that we could replace him with someone better is also a risk/chance - a new signing would also need time to adapt, unless we rely only on Roberto, Rafinha and Denis as midfield-subs - I don't think they are enough to fill the bench. A new superstar like Pogba would want to start before Iniesta or Rakitic in the big games, while Arda has accepted his role because he loves the club, but will still keep Rakitic on his toes, and has the quality to step in, if he enters a bad period. That is also worth something.
Another season would be good, because we can asses both him, and our own youngsters (Rafinha, Roberto, Denis) over a longer period and see how they develop.

Last edited:

LordLichtenstein

Either way, if you agree or not, our board would be stupid to reject an offer of €50+ million for him, should it be on the table. His contribution has been close to minimal and he is not getting younger - yes, he might have an amazing second season with us, but that is a huge gamble.

Denis Suárez have been one of - if not the best performing midfielder for Villarreal this season and he literally just turned 22, 3 months ago. He has shown great promise and Lucho's interest over the course of this season, is a testament to this. Oh and he only costs €3 million. It is a no-brainer.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans