Arda Turan

F

Flavia

There's 4 games before the transfer window closes. As it looks that he's staying, maybe if he doesn't show much in those games he'll leave. And if he does, then he'll deserve a chance.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
There's 4 games before the transfer window closes. As it looks that he's staying, maybe if he doesn't show much in those games he'll leave. And if he does, then he'll deserve a chance.

Do you think he will play enough in those 4 games to have a good idea of his future? I mean, with Gomes now available, Denis showing promise, Bobby always as an option and Iniesta - Raki having a stronghold on the starter positions, I can't see Arda making much of an impact overnight... On top of that Rafinha is coming back soon...

So I guess we'll have to deal with him sitting on the bench (or stands?) for the next months and hope for the best, because I don't think he's leaving...

F

Flavia

Do you think he will play enough in those 4 games to have a good idea of his future? I mean, with Gomes now available, Denis showing promise, Bobby always as an option and Iniesta - Raki having a stronghold on the starter positions, I can't see Arda making much of an impact overnight... On top of that Rafinha is coming back soon...

So I guess we'll have to deal with him sitting on the bench (or stands?) for the next months and hope for the best, because I don't think he's leaving...

He has more pre-season minutes than Gomes, Rakitic and Iniesta. I think Lucho might start him in some of those games. If not, that's the thing. If he's not going to play much, why keep him? He either thinks he'll play, or doesn't care, like Douglas. If it's the latter, then he was a waste of money, nothing else.

serghei

There is no point in selling Arda. Such a bad move. I can't imagine we'll get 30m. for him right now, so it's actually better to keep him. Been one of our best players in this preseason. His level is getting better now, and if he finds some motivation and if his fitness level gets better he could be useful this season. You guys write players off too quickly.

Last edited:

God Serena

There is no point in selling Arda. Such a bad move. I can't imagine we'll get 30m. for him right now, so it's actually better to keep him. Been one of our best players in this preseason. His level is getting better now, and if he finds some motivation and if his fitness level gets better he could be useful this season. You guys write players off too quickly.

He scored a single goal against Celtic's B team, calm down...

God Serena

Granted , there were many who believed in him, but after one bad performance they all turned into what you see above. Also I am not ignoring Arda's 'lack of effort' as I feel that had to do with the fact that he didn't play for '4 months' and clearly wasn't match fit wherever he did play. In addition, Atletico's system is hugely different to ours. People saw how much he ran in Atletico's system and compared it to how less he runs here and they assume he doesn't care anymore. I may be wrong, but we will never find out if we don't give him another chance, give him a full season to prove himself. If he can get a game with our current midfield then he clearly shows something in training which leads Lucho to believe he cares.

Yeah, I can almost guarantee you that if I went back and found those quotes you've mined they're all in the middle of a forum meltdown, where everyone makes such comments about damn near every player we have. Roberto never received anything near what Arda is receiving, and you can dig up 100 quotes and still not prove anything. And what is this obsession with using Roberto as an example for every single player who is clearly not performing here? I've seen it used for literally everyone up to and including Douglas. It makes no sense. Not everyone is Sergi Roberto, come on.

He's obviously going to stay until at least January but imo if he isn't sold there's no reason why he should get any minutes in our midfield, playing the way he has been.

God Serena

I am calm. Never said he played amazing or anything, but he was still among our best players in both games I've seen, against Celtic and Liverpool.

He played well against Celtic but against Leicester he was bad (But at least gave a small bit of effort, imo), and the game against Liverpool was a complete disaster, with him being a large part of the reason why. The rest of the team having a bad game doesn't mean he's excused if he's one of the least dreadful players out there, because he's already been playing on a similar level since he got here.

F

Flavia

He'll start as LW in the gamper. Let's see if he does better there. That's where I thought Lucho had planned to play him on when he was signed.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Watching him makes me puke. Munir, Denis, Camara all look better than him and still have to sit because... why exactly?

Useless clown. Lucho must have a blind spot whenever Arda plays.

Devils

Looking forward to Arda's brilliance today, maybe he will NOT mess up a 2 yard pass today.

Such high hopes!

God Serena

Watching him makes me puke. Munir, Denis, Camara all look better than him and still have to sit because... why exactly?

Useless clown. Lucho must have a blind spot whenever Arda plays.

And poor Camara has been shoved to LB all preseason because the front line is full, too. What a blatant spit in the face.

opjeoff

And poor Camara has been shoved to LB all preseason because the front line is full, too. What a blatant spit in the face.

I have nothing against Camara and think he deserved his MOTM award. But Arda is miles better than Camara imo. Say what you want about his recent form for Barcelona, but saying its a 'spit in the face' because he plays and Camara doesn't is clearly a biased against Arda and you aren't considering his actual quality.

Home of Barca Fans