Arda Turan

Darko

You keep saying "he", like he was the only one who brought home the trophies.. I think you are forgetting; Messi, Neymar, Suárez, Rakitić, Busquets, Alves and Piqué, these players was arguably the best at their respective positions last season. Yes, that includes Neymar over Ronaldo.

Pretty sure we had a trophyless season the year before Lucho.
Of course the players take most of the credit but a good coach is imperative in modern football!

Stric

Pretty sure we had a trophyless season the year before Lucho.
Of course the players take most of the credit but a good coach is imperative in modern football!

Pretty sure we had talks with Lucho before Bartomeu took over from Rosell. Allegedly there was even a verbal agreement that he would take the coaching spot the next season, because he couldn't leave Celta the same summer he took the job there. Which is why we got Tata as a temporary solution.

xXKonan

Turkish club Galatasaray are interested in signing Arda Turan (28), who can't play due to Fifa ban, on loan until January. [hurriyet]

Richard.H

Turkish club Galatasaray are interested in signing Arda Turan (28), who can't play due to Fifa ban, on loan until January. [hurriyet]

Absolutely opposed to this. I rather have him train with the group and get used to the squad. I don't want to risk any injuries. It worked out well for Luis Suarez. I'm sure it'll work out well for Arda.

xXKonan

I doubt Lucho would want to Loan Arda out to a Club that is technically CL tied as well. (If Lucho decided he wanted to Loan Arda out)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pretty sure we had talks with Lucho before Bartomeu took over from Rosell. Allegedly there was even a verbal agreement that he would take the coaching spot the next season, because he couldn't leave Celta the same summer he took the job there. Which is why we got Tata as a temporary solution.

Lucho wasn't offered the position that summer according to this board's moutpiece Mundo Deportivo. Rosell and Bartomeu overruled Zubi who suggested Lucho and Valverde and hired Tata. Infact Bartomeu is on record for stating and trying to persuade Tata to renew when he had already decided to leave.

This is not to slag off Bartomeu and Rosell, but Lucho being our coach right now had nothing to do with Bartomeu. He was Zubi's choice.

Now whether he would have accepted the offer or not is another thing.

Last edited:

Stric

Lucho wasn't offered the position that summer according to this board's moutpiece Mundo Deportivo. Rosell and Bartomeu overruled Zubi who suggested Lucho and Valverde and hired Tata. Infact Bartomeu is on record for stating and trying to persuade Tata to renew when he had already decided to leave.

This is not to slag off Bartomeu and Rosell, but Lucho being our coach right now had nothing to do with Bartomeu. He was Zubi's choice.

Now whether he would have accepted the offer or not is another thing.

Only further supports my theory. :) Thanks for elaborating.

Darko

?
I'm not arguing about Barto/Rosell/Tata, I'm arguing that we wouldn't win the treble without Lucho and that Lord Lichtenstein is too harsh on Lucho saying he doesn't trust him because he made some mistakes like at Anoeta.

Vilarrubi

Arda Turan: "We are in the best team in the World. Barça is like a big family. It's incredible."

Arda Turan: "We are in the best team in the World. Barça is like a big family. It's incredible."

Arda Turan: "Turkey has its eyes on me, I'm an example of how you get to a great club with hard work."

Arda Turan: "Being here shows that I can play for this team, and I want my opponents to suffer Barça's style of play."

Arda Turan: "But now that I'm at Barça I'll try my hardest, I'll try to win all those titles that the club, the team and the fans demand."

Arda Turan: "Luis Enrique has given me lots of support. I'm really looking forward to working with him

Arda Turan: "I don't care about the position on the field where Luis Enrique wants to play me. I'll play wherever he says."

Arda Turan: "I really liked Luis Enrique's style as a player."

Arda Turan: "I loved him as a player, because he was aggressive, and I think that he still is as a coach."

Arda Turan: "We'll battle together to get Barça to win, and we’ll use that aggressively on the field."

Love these two hahaha. Yes Arda!!

Last edited:

Galning

Loaning him out would be a mistake. It didn't take Suarez a long time to get back to match fitness so I don't see why it should be a problem for Arda and Vidal.

aaron101

Loaning him out would be a mistake. It didn't take Suarez a long time to get back to match fitness so I don't see why it should be a problem for Arda and Vidal.

The difference is, Suarez was only suspended for a few months. I think it was only until October while these two won't play until January. I really wish they could play friendlies, unfortunately it's not possible.

Bran the Greenseer

With proper fitness coaches they shouldn't be too bad come january. They wouldn't be 100% but its not hard to simulate the rigors of a game through intense sprinting exercises.

Home of Barca Fans