Arda Turan

Messi983

Agree that he should and will rotate a lot. But as I said in Denis's thread he should be smart when and how to rotate so we won't lose points because of that. For now I'd only do heavily rotations in home games but will play away games with our best possible XI based on injuries, suspensions and form. I'd also prefer him to make 2-3 changes in lineup every game than 6-7, so the team can keep some kind of chemistry. Unless we play against a clearly inferior opponent in first round of CDR or last rounds of CL group stage when we are already qualified.

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] Yes, that's a legit concern about MSN. I think Suarez is the most likely to accept the rotations but I also hope Lucho will somehow convince both Messi and Neymar that it's better for them to rest occasionaly. At least he should sub one of them off if/when we lead with 3+ goals in second half.

Last edited:

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
With Neymar it's easy. When his form goes to full wanker mode, Arda will just take his place and I doubt Neymar would say anything if Arda played there to rotate him, he's a big enough name and gets along with the team well (And afaik, Catalan fans love the man).

Suarez, well we just saw Lucho bench Suarez for Munir for a whole 90 minutes.

Messi is the only difficult one but Lucho can probably deal with him quite well now, he's gotten some authority and shown his plans actually work and the team freshly remembers their last seasons collapse due to fatigue.

Lucho can probably rub it in for a good few seasons :lol:

gasgas

He was never CM/AM to start with
That's why i say a good number of Barca fans dont know what a midfield is

He didn't fail us, we failed him and in the end caused him to fail himself and us

You don't sign a winger and play as a CM and expect it to work swiftly just because the player knows how to dribble

The same people are telling us to convert Digne to a RB

Funny how this goes

gasgas

With Neymar it's easy. When his form goes to full wanker mode, Arda will just take his place and I doubt Neymar would say anything if Arda played there to rotate him, he's a big enough name and gets along with the team well (And afaik, Catalan fans love the man).

Suarez, well we just saw Lucho bench Suarez for Munir for a whole 90 minutes.

Messi is the only difficult one but Lucho can probably deal with him quite well now, he's gotten some authority and shown his plans actually work and the team freshly remembers their last seasons collapse due to fatigue.

Lucho can probably rub it in for a good few seasons :lol:

Benching Messi will be the hardest challenge ever

serghei

There is still a chance that we will rotate defense and midfield and have fresh players in spring.
But what about MSN?
Messi never wants to miss a game.
Neymar will also get angry.

We have a nice depth in midfield and defense.
But that means nothing if Messi and whole MSN will burn all energy till spring, which is also very likely.

I hope that Lucho will bench/rotate MSN also.
But how to do that without getting them angry, that is a huge question.

I hope that too, Lucho wanted a strong squad, now he needs to talk with the players and make them understand they need to sit some games out. And I'm talking about everyone, including Messi and Neymar. I saw he rested Suarez tonight, good. Now he needs to do that with Messi and Neymar as well.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He's not a true winger, he's a midfielder but against a deep block which Barcelona face quite often he can play there and stretch defenses with his dribbling rather than any pace (Which there is precious little)

MentalFootball

I read almost 30-40 page about arda turan.i quess most fans dont like Arda.In a way they are right.Cause Arda didnt play like arda
at last season.But there are many reasons under this.(position,he lost his mood,he lost his confidence.his lost his brain chemistry)
last 2 things are very important for these kind players.if they lose them(confidence.passion).They cant play.Because these kind players
playing with confidence,passion.Lucho knew this.he belived in arda.and hopefully he will be real arda different this season.
Even better atletico days.Becouse barça have messi and other creative players.
He will fight for you.he will unlock some matches for you.He will use his brain for you.if some one make a run to forward,he will see
and deliver.but if nonone make a run to empty area he cant see of course:) anway joking apart dont be angry with him friends.He is a good and
clever player.
Yes i am turkish and i am galatasaray fan.But i am supporting barça at the international area.
Have a nice season for barca and arda.
By the way sorry for my terrible english :)

F

Flavia

Don't know about that. I think he could pull Roberto from last season and also start to play better at CM with improved confidence based on more playing time and with better adaptation to team. He'd most likely see most of his minutes at both wing positions though.

I still hope he doesn't. When he was signed, I thought Lucho wanted him for some tactical flexibility. Like playing 4-4-2 or 4-2-4 in some matches. But Lucho stuck him in a position Arda doesn't really have the skill set for. Now he's playing Arda where he does well, but if Lucho reverts to playing him in the Rakitic position, I won't understand.

Stric

I'm afraid to think how Lucho would have played our original starters if he hadn't inherited a worn-in system. Because when it comes to playing guys outside their actual positions, Lucho is master. And not out of necessity, either, but out of who-knows-what...

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Amazing second goal.

Neymar needs to get back from Brazil asap if he wants to keep his starting spot:neymar:

Last edited:

opjeoff

Why is he still here? The experts at Barcaforum confirmed he will never be any good or do anything for this club. Stop being blind Lucho and sell him already!!!

Zincubus

Banned
Why is he still here? The experts at Barcaforum confirmed he will never be any good or do anything for this club. Stop being blind Lucho and sell him already!!!

Did you see last night's game ?

Arda is a magnificent player , I thought he did rather well , his second goal from distance is something only our front three would even attempt . He brings something different to our team/ squad .

opjeoff

Did you see last night's game ?

Arda is a magnificent player , I thought he did rather well , his second goal from distance is something only our front three would even attempt . He brings something different to our team/ squad .

:lol: i was being sarcastic.

Home of Barca Fans