Arjen Robben

JamDav1982

Well over a season ago yet he's stepped up big time. Things change, I also remember you telling me that Xavi is still the best in the world and that Alves was a better defensive fullback than Alba.

It was less than a year ago and he was clearly one of best players in world.

Never said Xavi is best in world - on the ball maybe yes and I still think Alves is better defensive full back than Alba.

Havent flipped those opinions as remarkably as stating Robben most dangerous player in world when less than a year ago he was called inconsistent and easily replaced.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It was less than a year ago and he was clearly one of best players in world.

Never said Xavi is best in world - on the ball maybe yes and I still think Alves is better defensive full back than Alba.

Havent flipped those opinions as remarkably as stating Robben most dangerous player in world when less than a year ago he was called inconsistent and easily replaced.

It was before Pep took over and before we even faced Bayern in the CL (back when he actually was underperforming and retained the 'choker' title. He overcame that title when he scored against us and Dortmund). Robben has struggled with consistency in the past but he improved vastly.

Hindsight is easy to form opinions off of because you can disregard the unpredictability of change. Less than a year ago, Atletico weren't even close to looking like league/CL contenders yet see where they are now. Less than a year ago, people would've been laughed at if they said Real Madrid were better than Bayern. Hell if one were to say Di Maria was one of the most dangerous players in football last year it would've been met with sarcastic retorts. Things change drastically in football. Any logical person can see that.

JamDav1982

It was before Pep took over and before we even faced Bayern in the CL (back when he actually was underperforming and retained the 'choker' title. He overcame that title when he scored against us and Dortmund). Robben has struggled with consistency in the past but he improved vastly.

Hindsight is easy to form opinions off of because you can disregard the unpredictability of change. Less than a year ago, Atletico weren't even close to looking like league/CL contenders yet see where they are now. Less than a year ago, people would've been laughed at if they said Real Madrid were better than Bayern. Things change drastically in football. Any logical person can see that.

He was never a 'choker' for anyone that watched enough of him. He was brilliant for Bayern before Pep took over.

You spoke about Robben as over rated AFTER he scored against Barca and AFTER he had scored in the CL final.

He has been one of the best players under Pep who clearly saw how good he was and didnt want to replace him.

But anyway, glad you have seen the light on him!

Where did I claim Xavi was best in world? That never happened as far as I can remember.

Galning

I don't understand how the media go bonkers over Robben's "revenge" against the Spanish. Guess which game he would've won the most? This one or the one 4 years ago?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I don't understand how the media go bonkers over Robben's "revenge" against the Spanish. Guess which game he would've won the most? This one or the one 4 years ago?

They just want a good narrative. Doesn't have to make sense.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He was never a 'choker' for anyone that watched enough of him. He was brilliant for Bayern before Pep took over.

You spoke about Robben as over rated AFTER he scored against Barca and AFTER he had scored in the CL final.

He has been one of the best players under Pep who clearly saw how good he was and didnt want to replace him.

But anyway, glad you have seen the light on him!

Where did I claim Xavi was best in world? That never happened as far as I can remember.

I definitely said it before the CL semis. Not gonna bother bringing up the post as it was in a match chat IIRC but I wouldn't have said he was a choker after his performance against us. Half the discussion was talking about his misses in the CL final vs Chelsea and WC final vs. Spain. He stepped up against us and Dortmund however and proved that he can overcome his nerves in a final. I also praised his improvement under Pep and how much better he's become this season.

As for the Xavi thing, I dunno exact time or date but it was during a period where he was taking serious flack and you were saying that no one is as good in that CM role as him even now. Not gonna go on with this as it's just semantics.

JamDav1982

I definitely said it before the CL semis. Not gonna bother bringing up the post as it was in a match chat IIRC but I wouldn't have said he was a choker after his performance against us. Half the discussion was talking about his misses in the CL final vs Chelsea and WC final vs. Spain. He stepped up against us and Dortmund however and proved that he can overcome his nerves in a final. I also praised his improvement under Pep and how much better he's become this season.

As for the Xavi thing, I dunno exact time or date but it was during a period where he was taking serious flack and you were saying that no one is as good in that CM role as him even now. Not gonna go on with this as it's just semantics.

Look back you were saying that Robben was over rated, inconsistent and declining in July of last year. AFTER the Barca games and CL final.

The Xavi comment you are referring to was when you were telling me that Kroos can control a game like Xavi. I was saying Xavi on a different level to controlling a game with ball at feet than Kroos is. DESPITE having declined defensively etc.

Not one mention of him being best midfielder in world.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Look back you were saying that Robben was over rated, inconsistent and declining in July of last year. AFTER the Barca games and CL final

I don't like Robben but he is a player who's very good at disrupting defenses. Plus he and Muller ***** us so it's not like you can deny that he's got talent.

May 25th. I dunno where you got the impression that it was after the CL semis but whatever. Not gonna carry this discussion further.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What a beast.

f04ed4c38ca80436d658ca5f8af775ea.500x280x135.gif

V

voodoomaster

He is good but not that good.......I mean...PIQUE wtf. He is supposed to be a world class centre back.

Home of Barca Fans