Arturo Vidal

Capitan Puyol

Vidal is truly mental sick! He put in danger his wife and child with this drunk driving and other people on the road. He deserve fair verdict...doesn't matter that he is popular figure.

F

Flavia

He lost his driver's license for 4 months. That's it. He's already back with the Chile nt.
He wasn't only DUI. He was driving a ferrari, so I really doubt he wasn't at high speed. And he hit another car. Very lucky no one got injured or killed.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
the shocker is why his wife would even let him drive after drinking.

That's probably the least shocking thing about it, IMO

I do enjoy the cynics trying to downplay driving, nevermind a high performance speedster at that, while intoxicated...The depths some will sink to spin for their heroes or argue an absolutely futile point, mental

serghei

He lost his driver's license for 4 months. That's it. He's already back with the Chile nt.
He wasn't only DUI. He was driving a ferrari, so I really doubt he wasn't at high speed. And he hit another car. Very lucky no one got injured or killed.

That part makes the punishment right. Nobody got hurt or killed, so 4 months without a driving licence is a fair punishment for a first offender. But hey, some folks around here act as if he should have been jailed for years. Whatever.

ceefoo

And if you fire a loaded gun into a crowd of people and no-one gets killed or injured.

No harm done, right? :shrug:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He should have spent the rest of the summer in jail.
[MENTION=19442]Observer[/MENTION] I don't see what mes que un club hypocrisy has to do with this.

serghei

And if you fire a loaded gun into a crowd of people and no-one gets killed or injured.

No harm done, right? :shrug:

It depends. If you want to kill someone but you miss or only hurt the guy, you go to jail for attempted murder. Vidal didn't try to hurt no one. He made a mistake. That's it. Hopefully, he learns from it and never gets caught DUI again. If he does it again after this incident, that's when penalties get tougher probably.

F

Flavia

That part makes the punishment right. Nobody got hurt or killed, so 4 months without a driving licence is a fair punishment for a first offender. But hey, some folks around here act as if he should have been jailed for years. Whatever.

4 months is too light. 6 month and a hefty fine would be fair. Even more because he doesn't live in Chile, and I don't know if this suspension will communicate to Italy.

serghei

4 months is too light. 6 month and a hefty fine would be fair. Even more because he doesn't live in Chile, and I don't know if this suspension will communicate to Italy.

Yea, I agree with the fine (add some money to the state budget). Not with jail time, though. Usually, you go with the softest penalty for a first offender (not talking about serious crimes like armed robbery or murder), when no one got hurt.

F

Flavia

It depends. If you want to kill someone but you miss or only hurt the guy, you go to jail for attempted murder. Vidal didn't try to hurt no one. He made a mistake. That's it. Hopefully, he learns from it and never gets caught DUI again. If he does it again after this incident, that's when penalties get tougher probably.

No, that's not just a mistake. Technically he assumed the risk of hurting others by driving under the influence, he was imprudent.

ceefoo

Jose Mourinho just got banned from driving for six months for speeding. SPEEDING.

Obviously, in Chile they don't take driving offences that seriously. The sentence is a disgrace!

Home of Barca Fans