Aymeric Laporte

Leo_Messi

All 3 are far better than Laporte ,way better IMO
The same things you are saying ,I've read it years ago but with 2 different names ,Caceras and Chygrynskiy and both didn't end well
I didn't say we should buy player A or player B .god only knows who is gonna be available in 2016 .but Laporte is extremely expensive .42M in addition to taxes means that he will cost more than David Luiz becoming the world most expensive defender
If we were talking about 25-30 million I would be ok with it .

Well I guess that the difference in opinion is due to us rating Laporte differently. I get your point otherwise.

Cáceres was never as talented or as promising as Laporte. We also bought him for around 15 million euros if I recall. He has also later proven his worth at a top club like Juventus and for his national team. He did well at Sevilla too.

Chygrynsky was a misunderstanding from the start. It was clearly Pep's fault there.

Also I am not saying that we should buy Laporte here and now. I want to see him perform on this level for more than 1 season too.

It's just that he has many of the attributes that our future CB must have in an ideal world. Height, strength, speed, technical ability, leadership abilities etc. He also speaks Spanish and knows the league and country which is a big plus.

I think that he is almost certain to become a future star on his position.

JamDav1982

I wouldn´t say he has been poor.Had some bad matches and some very good matches.

I would say hes been poor in a lot of games this season.

Some of his positioning has been woeful and given the run around.

Has the tools to be a good CB but it would be a hell of a lot of money to pay for someone that would most likely not even improve the team.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Laporte would be a nice addition, still only 20, tons of space and time to develop.

Honestly, what with us now having 5 cbs (!), we can afford to wait for some of our youth talent to come up. Laporte isn't worth his buyout plus tax.

Honestly, what with us now having 5 cbs (!), we can afford to wait for some of our youth talent to come up. Laporte isn't worth his buyout plus tax.

Idts I'd say the lastest is next summer, after than Mascherano and Mathieu will be playing on borrowed time depending on their genetics and we need players to get accustomed to playing for us before the ones before them retire.

Home of Barca Fans