Ballon d'Or 2011

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
if Xavi didn't win it last year, no way he wins it this year. I too believe Xavi should win the award. He is the system that has led FCB and Spain to their most successful periods in their respective histories.

but if Leo gets it, I'm cool w/ that too. Voting will most likely be: 1. Leo 2. Cristiano 3. Xavi ... because apparently scoring goals is cooler than being an entire system dedicated to scoring goals.

Last edited:
X

xaviniesta

attachment.php

Jenks

You seem to be confusing CR performing to extremely high standards in a well-coached, well-organised Man Utd team with the best defence around (at the time), as well as other very good attacking players in Rooney and Tevez who worked for the team/CR with Messi playing for Argentina in a poorly-coach, poorly-organised team with a bunch of players who either are unwilling or incapable of working with/for Messi. To simply say that in the former instance CR played well in a team with a poor midfield (even though, really, they were just functional and doing a job as a part of a team) whereas Messi hasn't done it without Xavi/Iniesta is ridiculously short-sighted. A midfield is not a team.

So yeah, pretty absurd on the whole.

You've seem to have completely misunderstood my post, and inadvertently agreed with it. I'm the one illustrating how ridiculous the Xaviesta assertions were, the Ronaldo comparison is just a means to do that.

ivan22

if Xavi didn't win it last year, no way he wins it this year. I too believe Xavi should win the award. He is the system that has led FCB and Spain to their most successful periods in their respective histories.

but if Leo gets it, I'm cool w/ that too. Voting will most likely be: 1. Leo 2. Cristiano 3. Xavi ... because apparently scoring goals is cooler than being an entire system dedicated to scoring goals.

that's exactly how I think. Last year was Xavi's only chance to realy win this award (because of the WC). This year he's 'just' the most important player of the best team in the world. And since Messi and Cristiano score shitloads of goals there's no way he's gonna win this. I hope I'm wrong, but I realy can't see him winning this Award. Xavi would deserve it, more than any other player!

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
Xavi said that Casillas didn't vote for him because it would have been unfair to the other spanish team mates, does this mean that now captains can vote for their international team mates? also if Casillas' votes are out, what about other captains' like Leo and Cristiano ?

btw If you are curious, Casillas voted:

Ronaldo
Ozil
Messi

Red Devil 2

Xavi for me, Messi and Ronaldo are machines but the worlds best player over the last 12 months has been Xavi for me.

dalitis8

Banned
This is a list with the world's top 100 players according to 442: (some silly inclusions in there, like Essien, Stevie G, Kaka)

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Xavi
4. Iniesta
5. Villa
6. Rooney
7. David Silva
8. Pique
9. Van Persie
10. Ozil
11. Fabregas
12. Schweinsteiger