Barca squad/XI 2024/25

Biggest priority

• Total voters

Porque

Deco first choice is Onana. Xavi reportedly wasn't as keen.

We have had a good relationship with Everton so payment terms may be achievable. Maybe a loan or transfer in exchange too.

Porque

Good point. I just read they need to sell players by June 30 because of their FFP issues.

So this means they wouldn't be able to do a loan + transfer deal like PSG like to do (I think Thebes didn't allow us to have a buyout clause in the Felix loan because of FFP issues btw which is ridiculously biased and counter productive).

But in terms of transfer fee, it wouldn't make a difference to the FFP whether we paid in full or over 10 years (as an exaggerated example), the way it would be accounted is the same. It's just purchases which are calculated by amortization, hence the Chelsea Tom foolery signing strategy.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Onana is a player no club is trying to buy, apart from some tenuous links to Arsenal.

He is not a pure DM, which is what we need. He isn't physically strong either.

He is a box to box midfielder who averages 1 goal per season in his career.

He was not even an undisputed starter for Everton at times last season.

He is half the footballer of Ederson Silva, who, in contrast, is wanted by Spurs, Newcastle and Liverpool.

Flick has arrived and I'm still waiting for one transfer rumour that didn't make me feel a little queasy.

Porque

Well all the rumours to be fair are the exact same as when Xavi was here. Which suggests these are the direction of Deco, and we should sign a coach which fits with them.

It does seem though that everyone who Deco targets fits Flick more than Xavi, which may suggest this change has been on the agenda for a while.

If not, it's not too beneficial to Xavi cause to give him players like Vitor Roque, Onana who didn't really fit what he wanted or his style of play which is predominantly technical based and relies on great ability in tight spaces.

jamrock

Yea there is definitely more alignment between deco and flick, but we need to get away from signing players solely for X coach.

I have no idea how good Onana is, I haven't watched a single game of his all season.

But based on his profile a double pivot of him and de jong doesn't sound good, both seem to be ball carriers before passers.

Compare that to Kimmich--Thiago/Leon, you see the big difference in profile.

That being said, if we keep de jong, (we really really shouldn't) , someone like Zubi would actually be a better bet with him as a double pivot, to bring some passing class to de jong's, look at me run style.

Onana would have the physically advantage

Ederson looked class in the EL final, a combination of the two.

But whatever happens, we better NOT spend 50-60m on kimmich and/or B.Silva,great free signings, terrible buys.

Masetro10

It should be Zubimendi or bust. Gavi as the box to box cardio machine. Pedri as the creative force. Zubimendi playing the Busquets role of solo pivot.

I understand Barca has Gundogan. This is the longterm view. Gundogan would be the creative for the present time. Eventually Guille Fernandez can be the creative if Pedri cannot develop due to injury.

Blanco

(4-2-3-1) Stegen - Kounde,Araujo,Christensen, Cancelo - FDJ, new DM - Raphinha, Gundo, Yamal - Lewa.

Thats what I see as your best possible starting eleven next season if Flick is not forced to play Pedri/Gavi.

Masetro10

When Jose Mourinho came into RM he made them the Anti Barcelona. Real Madrid's whole team concept was to counter Barca. It ended up working eventually.

It may be time that we employ the same thing. What weaknesses can be exploited. What system do they run that can be made to fail. Stop this we have to play 1 way mentality.

Look at what City did well against RM. That's your best metric on what will work. But also look at Atletico Madrid. They beat them 2x this year. Study it over and over.

Either press hard as hell or sit back and counter. No way should any team allow space behind their defense for their forwards to run into. Unless we have a god level press which I don't know if we do after Gavi's ACL.

Say we get Nico Williams. That's a dangerous threat on the counter. Up there with Vini.

RM will not be as good at passing with Kroos gone. I don't care what anyone says. He is God level passer of the ball. With Modric old does anyone thing Tchoumeni/Camavinga/Bellingham can control a game like Kroos and Modric? No.

RM will do whatever they can to get the ball to the front. Sit back and counter them. They will not press anyone when they lose the ball either.

Fun fact but Rodrygo,Vini, Mbappe have like 7 headers ever scored between them all combined. Aerial threat is 0. Bellingham won't be in the box as much either. If he does. That is less to defend a counter.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
When Jose Mourinho came into RM he made them the Anti Barcelona. Real Madrid's whole team concept was to counter Barca. It ended up working eventually.

It may be time that we employ the same thing. What weaknesses can be exploited. What system do they run that can be made to fail. Stop this we have to play 1 way mentality.

Look at what City did well against RM. That's your best metric on what will work. But also look at Atletico Madrid. They beat them 2x this year. Study it over and over.

Either press hard as hell or sit back and counter. No way should any team allow space behind their defense for their forwards to run into. Unless we have a god level press which I don't know if we do after Gavi's ACL.

Say we get Nico Williams. That's a dangerous threat on the counter. Up there with Vini.

RM will not be as good at passing with Kroos gone. I don't care what anyone says. He is God level passer of the ball. With Modric old does anyone thing Tchoumeni/Camavinga/Bellingham can control a game like Kroos and Modric? No.

RM will do whatever they can to get the ball to the front. Sit back and counter them. They will not press anyone when they lose the ball either.

Fun fact but Rodrygo,Vini, Mbappe have like 7 headers ever scored between them all combined. Aerial threat is 0. Bellingham won't be in the box as much either. If he does. That is less to defend a counter.
Mourinho is an "anti-coach"and anti many things, last person we should copy. Imo we had an alright season, Arouju and the ref not reviewing the situation (because he literally just touched his shoulder and he fell down like a sack of potatoes) destroyed our season. If Flick can continue the good things Xavi did, improve a couple of things and we bring in like 2 new players (DM!!!) we're good.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Anyway, we need to do something about Torres and Rawke - waste of space those 2. I really hope Flick and Deco are thinking about it.
Tbh I would also try to sell FdJ and get Javi Guerra in his place - talented that boy, But not for DM, we need another DM. Guerra is more of a box-box with good dribbling and passing. We could also need a new LW if (WHEN!) Torres gtfo.
For DM I would try to negotiate for Zubi (like 25M), but only if we sell Frenkie - for the FdJ money we could buy both Zubi and Guerra and there would be some money left for a dinner for Fat One. Or, we just try with Casado on DM (and maybe Bernal later on)?

So...
FdJ out, Guerra in.
Torres and Rawke out, keep Ansu as backup and get a new LW. I’d try for Nico even though he’s not perfect and a little bit overrated - but not a cent over 40m. I still think he would come good for us.
Don't extend Felix.
Promote Casado and/or Bernal.

BUT, I'm still on the fence with FdJ + he will probably not want to leave... and we should not push him out, no drama. If we decide that Pedri, Gavi and Bernal/Casado + for example Guerra or Zubi can do what FdJ did, than sure.
Flick should tell Torres to find a new club now that the Xavi bromance is over. If Flick says he isn't in his plans I think he would agree to leave.
Rawke? Sure Flick can watch him up close a couple if trainings and pre-season games - but I have very little hope, just keep Ansu (because Guiu aint't it) for backup... but realistically, who would buy him and who would pay even close to 20M :lol: FUCK!!! :lol:

Last edited:

vuji_31

True. Torres and Rawke are not good enough to be subs.

We need better players.

Flicks system is all attack with wingers, and we need 2 more wingers. 1 starter and one sub.

Best case is we sell De Jong and keep Rapinha with Yamal, Rapinha and Nico/Diaz fighting for starting positions.

Ferret can be 4th winger max.

----------------------Lewa-------------------------
Diaz/Nico------Pedri-------Yamal/Raph
---------Merino-----Gundo/De Jong-----------
Balde-------Christense----Kounde---?????

we can sell Araujo or De Jong, or both.

160mil and we should be able to get Merino for 25mil and Nico for 50-60mil.

Home of Barca Fans