Barca squad/XI 2024/25

Biggest priority

• Total voters

Birdy

----------------------------------MATS (pena)----------
-Dest(J.Araujo)-----Araujo (Christensen/Eric) -- Kounde (Cubarsi/Inigo/Lenglet)---Balde (Fort)
--------------------FDJ (Romeu)---------------Gavi------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------Pedri(Gundo/Fermin)--------------------------------------------
-----Yamal (Raphina)--------------Lewa (Roque)--------------------Ferran (Ansu)---------------

This is the squad right now with no transfers, and with no assumptions of continuity for the likes of Alonso, Roberto whose contract expires, or loans like Joaos. I haven't included youngsters who haven't yet broke into squad rotations like Gui or Faye.
I have also assumed Flick's preferred 4-2-3-1
As you can see we are seriously overbook at central defense, not enough depth at full-backs and CMs

Now Let's assume:
- we don't have much money even in the 1:1 (very possible)
- no big fair play generating departures (like Raph or FDJ) , and no big transfer like Nico/Diaz or Kimmich/Onana
- only exits will be romeu (Hansi won't like) inigo (can't hold high line), eric and lenglet (redundant), no contract renewal for likes of Roberto and Alonso
- Only a transfer of 20-30 m possible based on the above exits. I assume it will be Merino as Flick needs at least one box to box to start the season
- a couple of loans (the Joaos most likely because Laporta is returning favors to Mendes)

Then the squad will be this for next season:
----------------------------------MATS (pena)----------
-Cancelo (Dest or J.Araujo)-----Araujo (Christensen) -- Kounde (Cubarsi)---Balde (Fort)
--------------------FDJ (Gundo)---------------Gavi (Merino)-------------------------------
-----------------------------------Pedri (Fermin)--------------------------------------------
-----Yamal (Raphina)--------------Lewa (Roque)--------------------Ferran (Ansu/Felix)---

1) The front-line won't change if we don't sell Raph to get Nico or Diaz. So I assume all of Ansu Roque Ferran to be part of the squad for next season

2) Flick will 100% use Kounde at CB due to pace for recovery in high line compared to Christensen or Cubarsi

3) Given only Cancelo on loan at RB (not even the profile Flick wants there), and Kounde at CB, I am certain one of Dest or J. Araujo will stay for next season

4) You can see why Flick asks for Merino. Only player capable of playing the box to box md Flick wants is Gavi, who is gonna be out until Nov.

Would we be able to compete with such XI?
I am fairly positive that at least domestically Flick can cook with these profiles, and the most obvious hole will not be the LW everyone thinks, but the RB (and LB depth), and of course CF (although I think in the season Lewa will see the bench for the rest, as he won't be able to follow Flick's press demands)

Last edited:

vuji_31

Well this is worst case scenario.

I am sure we will sell big player, and I think that it is De Jong or Araujo.

I would sell dutchman, I am tired of him.

If we can sell him and get Nico and Merino it is great day.

Luiz Diaz is impossible, they will milk us for 100mil which we dont have.

JohnN

We should move faster on the market. Copa and Euros might inflate prices of players.

Birdy

Frimpong rumors confirm my thought above about how Flick wants his full back to play.

Kounde-Araujo will be our starting CB pair next season

Messi983

@Birdy Dest is out until New year or so so he might stay but won't be of any use. Reports that PSV still wants him so we'll probably let him go for free (but offload his wages) and % of future sale or smh.

J. Araujo will stay imo and surprise people. Think Flick will like his pace. Don't see us signing a starting quality RB so as of now still believe Kounde is a starter there and we have enough depth at CB as it is.

Would also add Alex Valle as potential rotational LB. If BA is promoted then both him and Fort could play regularly in Segunda and be called up to first team when needed. That would probably be the best for their development. And in that case I wouldn't mind getting Cancelo back under same conditions although I'm not his biggest fan.

Other than that I mostly agree, don't see many changes in squad.

We should move faster on the market. Copa and Euros might inflate prices of players.

We are in no position to "move fast".

Birdy

@Birdy Dest is out until New year or so so he might stay but won't be of any use. Reports that PSV still wants him so we'll probably let him go for free (but offload his wages) and % of future sale or smh.

J. Araujo will stay imo and surprise people. Think Flick will like his pace. Don't see us signing a starting quality RB so as of now still believe Kounde is a starter there and we have enough depth at CB as it is.

Would also add Alex Valle as potential rotational LB. If BA is promoted then both him and Fort could play regularly in Segunda and be called up to first team when needed. That would probably be the best for their development. And in that case I wouldn't mind getting Cancelo back under same conditions although I'm not his biggest fan.

Other than that I mostly agree, don't see many changes in squad.

We are in no position to "move fast".

If we get to 1:1 I see Flick's priorities not being the LW everyone is talking about.
According to leaks and stuff, his priorities are starting RB (Frimpong) and box to box for the double pivot (Merino or Stille)

jamrock

We'll definitely make 3-4 signings this summer.

DM
winger
+2

Going into next season without those two signings and expecting him to win, is a big challenge and laporta already stated the objective is to win and hinted at us filling those two positions.

May not be with WC names, but the merino's of the world and a young winger, at the very least

Messi983

1:1 is still a big IF at this point

also, even getting there we would need to sell before we can buy. And without selling one of the starters like Araujo or Raphinha (who we'd have to then replace) I don't see us spending more than 20-30m. So a cheap DM and that's it.

Trafalgar

1:1 is still a big IF at this point

also, even getting there we would need to sell before we can buy. And without selling one of the starters like Araujo or Raphinha (who we'd have to then replace) I don't see us spending more than 20-30m. So a cheap DM and that's it.

I don't think they're aiming for a cheap DM; otherwise, they wouldn't have let go of Guido Rodriguez, who was free and pretty decent.

Messi983

Lol, we played with two wingers most of the season.

Problem is we can't really call Felix or Ferran wingers. Or footballers at all, lol.

But Raphinha and Yamal played well, it was RL9's :LOL: fault he looked like an old polish tractor.

Kul_z

Lol, we played with two wingers most of the season.

Problem is we can't really call Felix or Ferran wingers. Or footballers at all, lol.

But Raphinha and Yamal played well, it was RL9's :LOL: fault he looked like an old polish tractor.
Cant wait to see when lewa starts messing simple passes and flukeing easy goal scoring chances.

Home of Barca Fans