Barca Transfers and Rumors

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
But if we wait too late and RM goes bananas over Mbappe then it is going to make things more difficult.

Barcilliant

At the moment the board is struggling with the reality that the Market has changed. I agree that it's insanity to pay 90 million for Dembele or 130 million for Mbappe. Our board paid 90 million for Neymar who was young, experienced and marketable. Neymar had achieved alot more then Mbappe and Dembele put together plus he was more marketable. However the oil clubs and Madrid have taken the market to a new level of insanity and we have to deal with it.

Buying average players for 40 million is not the answer. Investing heavily in la Masia and our scouting system is the long term solution. Investing heavily in great talent seems the only solution short term.

Messi983

Exactly. If anything maybe they could be creative. Pay 50 million and throw Delofeu and Munir into the mix.

I see some people continue to use this idea of throwing our rejects to the deals to get players we want so I'll ask again:

1. How many times did similar deals happen in the past? This is football, not NBA or NHL. Only one I could remember is Ibra-Eto'o swap and that only happened because Pep for some reason wanted to get rid of Eto'o. Their current teams want to keep players (Dembele, Coutinho, Bellerin,...) we are trying to buy.

2. Why would Dortmund accept players like Munir or Deulofeu if they can get additional 30-40M and buy 2-3 better players for that money, especially with their scouting and negotiations skills?

If these type of deals had anything to do with "creativity" I'm pretty sure they would be happening more often in todays football by other teams that are better in transfers dealing than we are. But they are not happening and that's for a reason.

Not to mention that we can't even include Deulofeu in those kind of deals. First, because he has apparently a clause in his contract that he has to stay here for at least a season if we bring him back and second (if that clause is not true) we should convince him to sign with us knowing that he'll be included in another deal to get a better player than him. Not many players would be willing to do that, especially not the ones with Deulofeu's personality.

Giginho75

At the moment the board is struggling with the reality that the Market has changed. I agree that it's insanity to pay 90 million for Dembele or 130 million for Mbappe. Our board paid 90 million for Neymar who was young, experienced and marketable. Neymar had achieved alot more then Mbappe and Dembele put together plus he was more marketable. However the oil clubs and Madrid have taken the market to a new level of insanity and we have to deal with it.

Buying average players for 40 million is not the answer. Investing heavily in la Masia and our scouting system is the long term solution. Investing heavily in great talent seems the only solution short term.

indeed i don't understand why fcb has to pay 90ml for a player (dembele') who is valued too much...

we have to reinforce our team, but not for this the board has to pay illogical prices..

i trust in this market session...
so far no one of the top teams made great deals...
the summer is just started.

ronniecro

Giginho75

so bellerin is our top target,wonderful
does this means that we can forget about top players this summer?

why this question?
who do you think can be a top target now in europe for RB?
is possible buying bellerin, but nor for this we cannot buy other great or at least good player...

maybe we forgot we already have in our team many top players...

Co0ter

indeed i don't understand why fcb has to pay 90ml for a player (dembele') who is valued too much...

we have to reinforce our team, but not for this the board has to pay illogical prices..

i trust in this market session...
so far no one of the top teams made great deals...
the summer is just started.

Man City paid a great price for Bernardo, they also paid a great price for Gabriel. How can a filthy rich oil club that everyone knows has unlimited money pay decent prices for talent and not get ripped off...but we do? Shit ass management that's why

Giginho75

Man City paid a great price for Bernardo, they also paid a great price for Gabriel. How can a filthy rich oil club that everyone knows has unlimited money pay decent prices for talent and not get ripped off...but we do? Shit ass management that's why

it's clear we cannot compete with the money of oil clubs, despite we are a rich club...
no problem, we can go on as usual...
in the last ten years we failed just two seasons and got great results...
for example, man city got much less results than what the owners spent.

MIXA

Looks like it’s going to be a 4-2-3-1 with all the winger rumours flying around. In that case, I actually do not think that we will bring in the CM that many here feel we need. We already have both Rakitic and Gomes and neither of them are leaving. I suspect that one of those 2 will constantly partner Busi in the 2 man pivot. A third CM would be overkill considering that Busi’s place is pretty much cemented, with Roberto being his back up in case of injury. I don’t see any room for a new CM which is probably why we will blow most of the budget on bringing in the 60 mil euro RB from Arsenal :facepalm:

BBZ8800

Looks like it’s going to be a 4-2-3-1 with all the winger rumours flying around. In that case, I actually do not think that we will bring in the CM that many here feel we need. We already have both Rakitic and Gomes and neither of them are leaving. I suspect that one of those 2 will constantly partner Busi in the 2 man pivot. A third CM would be overkill considering that Busi’s place is pretty much cemented, with Roberto being his back up in case of injury. I don’t see any room for a new CM which is probably why we will blow most of the budget on bringing in the 60 mil euro RB from Arsenal :facepalm:

CM will be Seri if he can come for cheap or no one (even though, a board will chase Verratti the whole summer).

If we'll play 433, if we buy Seri, we would have way too many midfielders for 3 positions.
1. Busi 2. Seri 3. Raki 4. Iniesta 5. Roberto 6. Rafinha 7. Gomes 8. Denis 9. Arda 10. Alena (??) 11. Samper (??) 12. Masch (Cdm)

If we'll play 4231, we need only 2 Cms, and again we have:
1. Busi 2. Seri 3. Raki 4. Iniesta 5. Roberto 6. Rafinha 7. Gomes 8. Denis 9. Arda 10. Alena (??) 11. Samper (??) 12. Masch
Plus, as a RW we'll either buy someone new or play Denis/Vidal/Roberto/Rafinha/Munir/Paco/Arda/Gomes/Deulofeu

We have way too many midfielders and we aren't selling anyone yet (except Arda).

If summer will turn badly, we can easily end with a 50M Bellerin, a random low profile Cm or a Rw, and possibly a random young Cb.

That will be a team who will fight against RM who won 3 Cls in 4 years.

On the other hand, I feel sorry for Valverde if he will have to play with the same current team which is a walking dead for the last 18 Months and if our only new signings will be Lord Bellerin and a random Cm/Rw.

Last edited:

navidjaan

Gerard Romero news last night:

- MAHREZ is one of the wingers Barça are looking for in the transfer window.
- The return of DEULOFEU looks very bad because he wants minutes.
- SAMPER will have preseason with the first team.
- CUCURELLA will sign a 4y contract, will play for Barça B.
- MBOULA will most likely leave for Monaco.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
The thing is we are not trying to fill the hole of not having a midfielder, we are trying fill the hole of not having a WC midfielder. To me, this transfer window is a failure if we just buy a decent player for CM, even if we got a good RB. Essentially we just added depth to that department. We need quality. I would trade not buying a RB, not buying any other player at all... if it entails us getting the best midfielder out there. It cannot be taken lightly.

BarçaBarça

The thing is we are not trying to fill the hole of not having a midfielder, we are trying fill the hole of not having a WC midfielder. To me, this transfer window is a failure if we just buy a decent player for CM, even if we got a good RB. Essentially we just added depth to that department. We need quality. I would trade not buying a RB, not buying any other player at all... if it entails us getting the best midfielder out there. It cannot be taken lightly.

I very much agree, but even without, we have some solutions:
Messi at AM Mascherano and Busi as DM's + a RW who are willing to track back (like Douglas Costa or Dembele).
Where would that put us? With a GOAT AM, who is the most creative player ever, and with a double pivot of proven WC defensive midfield-players. If we then buy a good midfielder like Seri, who arguable isn't WC, we would be a better team than last year. It is just to say: as a barca coach you also need to work with what you have, and a non-wc midfielder with the right profile should also be enough to make our midfield better than last year, if we improve the tactics..

Total-Football

When you see how much money teams are willing to pay for James, and how expensively real Madrid got to sell di maria one understands the importance of buying players at the age of 23 and downwards. Not only you milk them performances Wise, but you also get to sell them, if not for a profit, then at least with the same fee you originally paid for them. This put in perspective the deals with the likes of dumass Turan.

Home of Barca Fans