Barca Transfers and Rumors

xXKonan

[tw]872760773097005056[/tw]

Says we reactivated contacts for Metz,winger Ismaïla Sarr. Who we have been following for awhile now.

Sepuldinho

The thing is we are not trying to fill the hole of not having a midfielder, we are trying fill the hole of not having a WC midfielder. To me, this transfer window is a failure if we just buy a decent player for CM, even if we got a good RB. Essentially we just added depth to that department. We need quality. I would trade not buying a RB, not buying any other player at all... if it entails us getting the best midfielder out there. It cannot be taken lightly.

100% with this!

Giginho75

too many criticisms...
we just changed coach...
i'm sure we will take great and right players to reinforce the roles where we need...
it's june, not the end of august...
imho we just have to wait.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

The thing is we are not trying to fill the hole of not having a midfielder, we are trying fill the hole of not having a WC midfielder. To me, this transfer window is a failure if we just buy a decent player for CM, even if we got a good RB. Essentially we just added depth to that department. We need quality. I would trade not buying a RB, not buying any other player at all... if it entails us getting the best midfielder out there. It cannot be taken lightly.
Exactly!!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Oh makes sense then. Seen a couple of people share this article and freaking out about it. :lol:

Robert would be the biggest dumbass in the World if he adds another average player for the RB position because he couldn't get his favorite toy.

BBZ8800

When you see how much money teams are willing to pay for James, and how expensively real Madrid got to sell di maria one understands the importance of buying players at the age of 23 and downwards. Not only you milk them performances Wise, but you also get to sell them, if not for a profit, then at least with the same fee you originally paid for them. This put in perspective the deals with the likes of dumass Turan.

We won't get the same for Gomes, Paco and Digne, even though they are 23.

PhilS

The thing is we are not trying to fill the hole of not having a midfielder, we are trying fill the hole of not having a WC midfielder. To me, this transfer window is a failure if we just buy a decent player for CM, even if we got a good RB. We need quality. I would trade not buying a RB, not buying any other player at all... if it entails us getting the best midfielder out there. It cannot be taken lightly.

This is the key to this offseason. The quality of the first 11 midfielders Iniesta and Rak was not good enough last year, Barca got outclassed in midfield way too often. Iniesta was available/good enough for less than half of last season. He is not likely to ever again produce full seasons like he used to.

We need to add one of the currently best midfielders in the world, so that either Iniesta or Rak can be high-quality depth. No matter what formation is used going forwards, the chances of winning either Liga or CL without adding a fantastic midfielder are not good. Or RW in 4-2-3-1.

Unless the team gives up using a 4 man backline in the more challenging games, an upgrade at RB is needed. This does not have to be one of the best players in the world, though that would certainly help. If the team converts to 3 in the back for the bigger games, then instead of a RB, another CB is needed for depth (assuming Mathieu leaves and Marlon is promoted).

The next biggest need is a #4 forward who can add more than Paco. Preferable some on who could play on either the left or right.

khaled_a_d

We won't get the same for Gomes, Paco and Digne, even though they are 23.

We will probably recover way higher percentage of their price than Mathieu,Vermaelen,Arda
Younger players get you more money on resale,that was even something the board pointed out about their signings last summer.
You need to flop so bad like Song in order not to recover a significant portion of what we paid for

xXKonan

img_rbravo_20170609-002410_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_no_archivables_md09.jpg

Going by the snippet at the bottom, it sounds like Davinson and Yerry are our likest CB options.

Home of Barca Fans