Barca Transfers and Rumors

Zincubus

Banned
gazzetta dello sport writes eight players will be sold because they don't make a part of the valverde's plan...
certainly arda, munir, tello, mathieu, vermaelen

Excellent . We have far too much deadwood ...

Sickens me seeing the strength and depth of the Real team :(

Jombi

Can we really expect anything else if we change the coach almost every year and every summer the new coach gets to veto and choose who we sign? Where is the long term planning in any of this? Real Madrid always buy players younger than 25. Thats not a policy every coach of theirs just decided was a good idea. Its a long term strategy. They seem to sign players based on market opportunities and a strategy for the next 10 years, not just the old favorites of the new coach. If they see some quality player, they seem to just go for it, regardless of what the new coach wants. That coach might be gone in 6 months anyway.

FinBarcelonafan

Can we really expect anything else if we change the coach almost every year and every summer the new coach gets to veto and choose who we sign? Where is the long term planning in any of this? Real Madrid always buy players younger than 25. Thats not a policy every coach of theirs just decided was a good idea. Its a long term strategy. They seem to sign players based on market opportunities and a strategy for the next 10 years, not just the old favorites of the new coach. If they see some quality player, they seem to just go for it, regardless of what the new coach wants. That coach might be gone in 6 months anyway.

Look who we signed last off-season. All of them under 24. I think they have made notice of Real's actions.

This summer most of our targets are fairly young as well. Verratti, Bellerin etc.

Jombi

Look who we signed last off-season. All of them under 24. I think they have made notice of Real's actions.

This summer most of our targets are fairly young as well. Verratti, Bellerin etc.

RM sign real quality though and has been focusing on players younger than 25 for a very long time. Not just any young player. Mbappe and Donnarumma are typical RM signings. Not the Pacos and Vidals of the world. They are reaping the benefits now with this strategy. Regardless of who their coach is, they focus on these signings. They seem to have had a long term strategy for a long time. We seem to focus mostly on what the new coach wants every season. And since we change coaches very frequently, there isnt much room for any long term planning or investing in players regardless of who the coach is. Valverde staying for a year or two, and the new post-Valverde coach is stuck with Valverde's old favorites? Is this the best solution? Would RM have signed Kroos for 25m regardless of who their coach was? Yes, I think so. Would we? Not really. If the coach preferred some other more expensive and worse player he knew better, we would likely go for that guy instead.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

RM sign real quality though and has been focusing on players younger than 25 for a very long time. Not just any young player. Mbappe and Donnarumma are typical RM signings. Not the Pacos and Vidals of the world. They are reaping the benefits now with this strategy. Regardless of who their coach is, they focus on these signings. They seem to have had a long term strategy for a long time. We seem to focus mostly on what the new coach wants every season. And since we change coaches very frequently, there isnt much room for any long term planning or investing in players regardless of who the coach is. Valverde staying for a year or two, and the new post-Valverde coach is stuck with Valverde's old favorites? Is this the best solution? Would RM have signed Kroos for 25m regardless of who their coach was? Yes, I think so. Would we? Not really. If the coach preferred some other more expensive and worse player he knew better, we would likely go for that guy instead.
This obsession with RM is painful. RM have always bought a ton of players even expensive ones. What they've done is buy quality and they have a coach who has stamped his authority.

We don't have that kind of money. Hopefully Valverde gives our youth a chance and has a long term vision. Lucho was all about the short term. He did give Sandro and Munir game time but they didn't deliver.

Apparently Seri is off to Roma, Semedo deal is not happening and VERRATTI is going to be a long saga.

Sport also ran a story where he tried to get a Barca youngster (who was leaving) to recruit Dembele!

Jombi

This obsession with RM is painful. RM have always bought a ton of players even expensive ones. What they've done is buy quality and they have a coach who has stamped his authority.

We don't have that kind of money. Hopefully Valverde gives our youth a chance and has a long term vision. Lucho was all about the short term. He did give Sandro and Munir game time but they didn't deliver.

Apparently Seri is off to Roma, Semedo deal is not happening and VERRATTI is going to be a long saga.

Sport also ran a story where he tried to get a Barca youngster (who was leaving) to recruit Dembele!

Look at the midfielders RM have bought over the years while we got rid of Thiago and let Xavi and Iniesta age...Modric, Kroos, Kovacic, James, Asensio, Casemiro, Isco...Its a clear long term strategy there, regardless of who their coach is. Every year, they buy for the future. They know the coach might not last long.

Verratti isnt going to be a long saga. Its going to be a total failure and it seems ridiculous that we would even entertain that idea.

Thomas Lemar and Naby Keita should be available. So should Fabinho. Are we after them? Or doesnt Valverde like them and prefer some old favorite?

Giginho75

too many users have obsession for strategy and deals of RM...

i can understand for the last two years (maybe one)...
but do you remember the previous seasons, where we dominated, we won trophies, tournaments and the best clasicos and mostly we were celebrated by all the world for our way of playing???

short memory...
and i continue to not understand this pessimistic way to see our future

Jombi

i can understand for the last two years (maybe one)...
but do you remember the previous seasons, where we dominated, we won trophies, tournaments and the best clasicos and mostly we were celebrated by all the world for our way of playing???

We have had a golden generation through La Masia. We cant rely on new Xavis, Iniestas, Piques, Busquets and Messis to graduate from La Masia going forward. And that makes it even more important to be savvy in the transfer market.

Raketa10

Some of our potential targets are either highly expensive and hard to sign (Verratti, Dembele, Semedo, Coutinho, Bellerin) or they are already on their way to other clubs (Seri to Roma) or they are not sure if they want to come at all (Deulofeu).

I really hope we have a plan which will be executed after 1st of Jully or this could become the worst transfer window ever and that could be truly disastrous for us.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Some of our potential targets are either highly expensive and hard to sign (Verratti, Dembele, Semedo, Coutinho, Bellerin) or they are already on their way to other clubs (Seri to Roma) or they are not sure if they want to come at all (Deulofeu).

I really hope we have a plan which will be executed after 1st of Jully or this could become the worst transfer window ever and that could be truly disastrous for us.

We will either sign some scrubs from mid table Liga sides or the Catalan press will claim that Valverde will turn Gomes into the next Xavi!

FinBarcelonafan

Doesn't sound good. I sure hope something happens soon.

Giginho75

excuse me but, as usual in this forum, this is a pessimistic vision of the things...
if a player is expensive for us, is the same for other clubs...
only sheiks have more money to spend on the market...
roma? really for you is more easy for them buying players than us?

Raketa10

excuse me but, as usual in this forum, this is a pessimistic vision of the things...
if a player is expensive for us, is the same for other clubs...
only sheiks have more money to spend on the market...
roma? really for you is more easy for them buying players than us?

When did I say that it's easier for Roma to buy players? I was just quoting Sport regarding Seri. Maybe we weren't even interested in him.

On the other hand you can't deny the fact that our main tatgets (Bellerin, Verratti, Coutinho, Dembele) are very hard to sign.

Last edited:

El Barcelona

It is normal for a club like barca that it's hard to sign our targets. We're looking at top players, one off the best in the world or do we want some extra bench players like last year?

Home of Barca Fans