Barca Transfers and Rumors

Zincubus

Banned
I reckon we'll end up with Bellerin, Verratti & Deulofeu as our summer signings.

Starting 11 next season...

------------ter Stegen------------
------------------------------------
Bellerin---Pique---Umtiti---Alba
-----------------------------------
-------Verratti---Busquets-------
Deulofeu-----Messi-----Neymar
--------------Suarez---------------

That team would be awesome I believe !!

For what it's worth guys Deulofeu is unplayable when the team is on top / attacking ... he offers nothing in defence but then again neither did Messi in that position ...

JamDav1982

That team would be awesome I believe !!

For what it's worth guys Deulofeu is unplayable when the team is on top / attacking ... he offers nothing in defence but then again neither did Messi in that position ...

Duelofeu wont be a starter and should only be deemed unplayable by Valverde.

Zincubus

Banned
Spanish La Liga guy on TalkSport suggested that Arsenal have enquire about Rafinha so maybe he could be the makeweight plus cash for Bellerin ?

JamDav1982

Why would we pay 12 million for a player and not play him ? Presumably Valverde requested him !?

No idea why they want him back. Unless Rafinha leaving for more money and he is back up on RW.

Could be they are stung by the criticism about La Masia players not coming through and are looking to use him to quell that argument a bit.

For me he is nowhere near a Barca level player or has the brain to play as a role player. He is one dimensional, greedy and seemingly hasnt developed his weaknesses at all.

Maybe I am wrong and he will be something different off the bench but just cant see it.

Giginho75

for bench and for give the change to messi or neymar deulofeu could be perfect...
who do we want buy for this role?

our MSN usually plays almost all the games, so we cannot require to have top level players for the bench...
but i don't know he will be happy for this role in the team...

JamDav1982

for bench and for give the change to messi or neymar deulofeu could be perfect...
who do we want buy for this role?

our MSN usually plays almost all the games, so we cannot require to have top level players for the bench...
but i don't know he will be happy for this role in the team...

He is nothing like Messi and Neymar though. Denis is a better LW than him by far and likes of Vidal would arguably be a better RW. Barca could do better than those two as well really.

Reminds me of Balotelli a bit in that get so many chances as managers think they are the ones to get him to fit their system and change him as a player. It never happens and they need other players to play for them to get best from them.

JamDav1982

with milan made good things...
unfortunately pedro is not replicable.

He was not that good at Milan and even then played with a lot of freedom wont get at Barca.

By end of his time there just looked the same Deulofeu as did at Sevilla and Everton for most part.

Icarium

Lifestealer
He is nothing like Messi and Neymar though. Denis is a better LW than him by far and likes of Vidal would arguably be a better RW. Barca could do better than those two as well really.

Reminds me of Balotelli a bit in that get so many chances as managers think they are the ones to get him to fit their system and change him as a player. It never happens and they need other players to play for them to get best from them.

Deulofeu is a true winger, we don't have one of those. With 4-2-3-1 we might need one, we can do better but then it will stop us for moving to Dembele next window (if we sign lets say someone like Costa), if deulofeu at least shows some of his early Milan form we can sell him for more next year and go for Dembele.

Balotelli is a different case, not only he is not that great he brings lot of extra baggage. Vidal being better than Deulofeu at RW is not a certainty and i would say it is up for a debate. Deulofeu is more creative and a good crosser and much better dribbler but he is very inconsistent and makes poor footballing decisions. Vidal is a safer option, Deulofeu is a risky one but for 12M it is not a big deal and it also allows Vidal to be compete for RB position.

JamDav1982

Deulofeu is a true winger, we don't have one of those. With 4-2-3-1 we might need one, we can do better but then it will stop us for moving to Dembele next window (if we sign lets say someone like Costa), if deulofeu at least shows some of his early Milan form we can sell him for more next year and go for Dembele.

Balotelli is a different case, not only he is not that great he brings lot of extra baggage. Vidal being better than Deulofeu at RW is not a certainty and i would say it is up for a debate. Deulofeu is more creative and a good crosser and much better dribbler but he is very inconsistent and makes poor footballing decisions. Vidal is a safer option, Deulofeu is a risky one but for 12M it is not a big deal and it also allows Vidal to be compete for RB position.

Barca dont need old school wingers who basically dribble with head down and pump cross after cross into the box which is why he wouldnt be a back up to Neymar or Messi in my opinion. Regardless of the formation Barca are not going to play the wide players in that way.

The Balotelli comparison is only about him never developing as a player despite countless managers thinking they can change them

Not even advocating Vidal as back up but he is more a team player than Deulofeu and will work much much harder defensively.

My feeling this is about La Masia argument more than anything.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Barca dont need old school wingers who basically dribble with head down and pump cross after cross into the box which is why he wouldnt be a back up to Neymar or Messi in my opinion. Regardless of the formation Barca are not going to play the wide players in that way.

The Balotelli comparison is only about him never developing as a player despite countless managers thinking they can change them

Not even advocating Vidal as back up but he is more a team player than Deulofeu and will work much much harder defensively.

He will not be a backup to Messi or Neymar obviously, but when barca wants to stretch the field a little and give some extra width a true winger will be of great help. Keep messi in the midfield and have neymar and a winger on left and right wings. It is no surprise that MSN flourishes in middle, no crosses and no bullshit. But an alternative wouldn't hurt, but i am not sure if that would even work against a complete packed defense. Deulofeu would be useless then, he doesn't have the capability to force mistakes from defenders. Deulofeu is not the winger we should sign, he is below average but a true winger definitely can help barca.

I did not suggest that we should sell Vidal or something, he is definitely more valuable to the team Deulofeu will be. But i would like Roberto to play in midfield and Vidal to compete for RB with the new signing.

If we sign both Deluofeu and Bellerin it would kill me though, that right wing is just suicidal and is such a downgrade from messi and alves. It is either Deulofeu or Bellerin, can't handle both at the same time.

Giginho75

He was not that good at Milan and even then played with a lot of freedom wont get at Barca.

By end of his time there just looked the same Deulofeu as did at Sevilla and Everton for most part.

ok, then...who do you want for bench?
because this is the question...
any forward, striker or wing we will buy, will come here for bench and backup of untouchable MSN.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not sure you understand the very concept of the midfield position Xavi and Iniesta played with your insistence of moving Messi to the midfield.

Home of Barca Fans