Barca Transfers and Rumors

Trafalgar

As much as i consider pogba overrated he had something behind when he was bought for 100m, CL final, and scudetto, dembele? One season in shit legaue like bundes, 6 goals and 12 assists playing for second best team in the legaue, you tube videos with his fancy tricks, cmon, how can anyone here justify such a price?

He's the closest winger to Neymar's style

Trickykid

No but somehow we end up like this every simgle time, so it's not problem with us but with our damn luck and problematic player situation...Jesus. :facepalm:

Just accept the fact that our club is being managed by idiots. Real is doing soooo much better job they should go there to learn how business is done. They gained 110 mil from the sale of Morata and Danilo.

Ah, so Semedo came stumbling through the blaugrana doors by accident then? Good to know...

That James deal to Bayern was a stroke of genius!

Raketa10

Messi is no guarantee??? The best player in the world?

The thing with Countinho and Dembele is that they are not guaranteed to be a definite success, specially Dembele who is far from being a finished product. And, they won't be another Andre Gomes who arrives for 40m and could be sold for like 10-15m less. We are talking about more than +200m for these two players! This is no joke. If they don't live up to the expectations Barca can no longer sell them with 10-20m deficit. It will be a huge loss! Either they have to get rid of em for more than half of the price they paid for (if lucky!), or spend another crazy amount for a new player. These amounts are no joke to screw around with. Not every club can be as crazy as PSG in spending whatever the hell they want and don't give a shit about how the outcome will be.

So Messi alone is a guarantee for trophies? Dude this is not a fucking tennis. This is a team sport. Even Messi can't win CL or La Liga on his own. He needs a team of great players to win everything.

But ok lets say we give up on Coutinho and Dembele, who should we buy then? Or are you just proposing that we buy no one and accept the fact we will be even worse this year and start building a new stadium for Paco and Gomes?

vlad

He's the closest winger to Neymar's style

But does barca need another neymar? maybe it was because it was all about front three, valverde has to put balance in the team, and im sure with right system pedro alike player would do the job, player who is working horse, not a diva

Edit: i would go for insigne

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Lol if we get Coutinho and Dembele and they flop. 200 million plus down the drain.

I would like to see our youngsters being given a real opportunity this season. No half measures.

Let's see if Roberto, Alena, Samper, Delofeu can hack it.

Raketa10

But does barca need another neymar? maybe it was because it was all about front three, valverde has to put balance in the team, and im sure with right system pedro alike player would do the job, player who is working horse, not a diva

Ok but who is that working horse player? And remember back than we had Xavi-Busi-Iniesta midfield...

Messi983

So first it was 180M, then 150M, now it's already 140M. We're coming closer together. :) Of course everything could be just typical media BS but if they are willing to listen to our offers and negotiate that means they are prepared to sell him for the right price so I think we'll reach a deal at the end. Yes, he'll be overpaid for what he's shown so far at his young age but with those type of deals you're usually paying 50-70% of price for future potential. If Dembele will develop as almost everyone expect and he'll become at least top 5 player in the world in next 3-4 years and at the same time prices on the market will go higher and higher we could look at Dembele's potential (let's say 110-120M) transfer possibly as a steal in 2020-21. Of course it's also possible that he'll fail but you take a risk with every transfer because you never know how a player will work out in your club. He could fail even if he played at great level in his previous clubs (like Ibra for example). But I believe Dembele is worth a risk.

Trafalgar

Edit: i would go for insigne

Why not both? a skillfull, fast play who works hard. And who said that Dembele doesn't work hard? ;)

Insigne would be harder to get (fucking De Laurantiis) and he's inconsistent af

Trickykid

Ok let's be honest would we sell Danilo for 30 mil?

To City? Of course we could. If Douglas wasn't Douglas and Vidal was better than he is, we could easily have offloaded them if the interest was there. Sadly they're not.

So, do you think that James deal was a result of those amazing negotiation skills by Uncle Flo?

Raketa10

Lol if we get Coutinho and Dembele and they flop. 200 million plus down the drain.

I would like to see our youngsters being given a real opportunity this season. No half measures.

Let's see if Roberto, Alena, Samper, Delofeu can hack it.

I am all for giving a chance to our youngsters but they won't be able to carry the team this year. And I wouldn't put Alena and Roberto in the same bag with Deulofeu and Samper. Alena is still very young and Roberto has proved he has a spot in this team. On the other side Deulofeu was a flop in Sevilla and Everton and Samper in Granada and you expect they will excell this season. Don't get me wrong I hope you are right but it's hard to believe that will happen.

Barcilliant

Ok but who is that working horse player? And remember back than we had Xavi-Busi-Iniesta midfield...

True. RM have a pretty damn good midfield at the moment. Modric, Kross, Casemiro. Marcelo is the best lb in the world by far.

I like Dembele but Dortmund are just ripping us off with that price tag.

The board are useless and we can blame them for alot of things but Neymar pulled a fast one at the last minute.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Borussia Dortmund have told Barcelona they'd want €150m (£135m) for Ousmane Dembélé. They signed him for €15m last summer

Liverpool have received no further contact of any kind from Barcelona about Philippe Coutinho since original enquiry almost 3 weeks ago

:neutral:

Trickykid

Borussia Dortmund have told Barcelona they'd want €150m (£135m) for Ousmane Dembélé. They signed him for €15m last summer

Liverpool have received no further contact of any kind from Barcelona about Philippe Coutinho since original enquiry almost 3 weeks ago

:neutral:

A source would be convenient...

Raketa10

To City? Of course we could. If Douglas wasn't Douglas and Vidal was better than he is, we could easily have offloaded them if the interest was there. Sadly they're not.

So, do you think that James deal was a result of those amazing negotiation skills by Uncle Flo?

No with James it wasn't but what about Isco, Asensio, Kovacic, Kroos, Modric and now Ceballos? Is that all just luck by Uncle Flo? They sold their backup striker for 80 mil!!!

And regarding Danilo there is no way in hell we could do that. Come on we lost Sandro for free, we lost Grimaldo for free, we lost Thiago for 22 mil.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans